OT: Cavs now willing to offer Wiggins in Love talks?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why in the hell would anyone in the right mind want to go to Cleveland. Might as well go to Detroit:)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Man, I'm glad you are so mature that you can keep us all in line. Watch the video below, specifically when the starters for the East are introduced....and tell me ..... what player looks out of place. It doesn't take a mature genius to see that Rose is different then those guys.

[video=youtube;Zt0RJJTXkiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0RJJTXkiY[/video]

So Rose dislikes all of the all stars? Rose is socially awkward...not Lebron and Dwight Howard. And Love should share Rose's sentiments? I don't think so.

And again...just because Love is Rose's friends don't mean they should like/dislike the same people. Everyone has different experiences with people and should be mature enough to make their own judgments.

That wasn't a lesson on maturity...I was actually pointing out that the theory didn't make sense when it comes to grown men. "I don't like Lebron because Rose doesn't like him" is immature thinking...period. You think Rose dislikes Garnett because Noah dislikes him? Most likely, not.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
So Rose dislikes all of the all stars? Rose is socially awkward...not Lebron and Dwight Howard. And Love should share Rose's sentiments? I don't think so.

And again...just because Love is Rose's friends don't mean they should like/dislike the same people. Everyone has different experiences with people and should be mature enough to make their own judgments.

That wasn't a lesson on maturity...I was actually pointing out that the theory didn't make sense when it comes to grown men. "I don't like Lebron because Rose doesn't like him" is immature thinking...period. You think Rose dislikes Garnett because Noah dislikes him? Most likely, not.

Then why do you and so many others keep wanting to tell Derrick what to think and what to say?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Man, I'm glad you are so mature that you can keep us all in line. Watch the video below, specifically when the starters for the East are introduced....and tell me ..... what player looks out of place. It doesn't take a mature genius to see that Rose is different then those guys.

[video=youtube;Zt0RJJTXkiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0RJJTXkiY[/video]

Looks to me like D Rose is wondering why these guys are acting like such fucking douchebags.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Then why do you and so many others keep wanting to tell Derrick what to think and what to say?

What the hell are you talking about? Wanting him to communicate with management amongst other things is telling him what to say and how to think?

I don't think so. Nice strawman argument.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
You're wrong....again. Rose & Love have similar views:

d-rose-dance_medium_medium.gif

iEXieArOu2THl.gif

Kevin Love literally gives Lebron an elbow above....lol.

Why in the hell would anyone in the right mind want to go to Cleveland. Might as well go to Detroit:)
On top of that, I don't believe that the Cavs can even re-sign Love to a max contract.

Kyrie & Lebron both have full max contracts, so people are just assuming that Kevin Love will be willing to sign a less than market value contract in Cleveland. It makes no sense, especially considering Love's age & status.

To me, it seems that ESPN (and some Lebron fans on this board) are pushing this Love to Cavs storyline.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're wrong....again. Rose & Love have similar views:

d-rose-dance_medium_medium.gif

iEXieArOu2THl.gif

Kevin Love literally gives Lebron an elbow above....lol.

On top of that, I don't believe that the Cavs can even re-sign Love to a max contract.

Kyrie & Lebron both have full max contracts, so people are just assuming that Kevin Love will be willing to sign a less than market value contract in Cleveland. It makes no sense, especially considering Love's age & status.

To me, it seems that ESPN (and some Lebron fans on this board) are pushing this Love to Cavs storyline.

To be fair, Kevin Love is white and probably cant dance. But, the D Rose shit at the all star game was funny. I remember watching it live and thinking he fucking hates these guys.

Liked Posts:

Rose is free to do what he wants. And people are free to criticize him for it. People are allowed to be intellectually honest in being critical. People aren't required to give him a pass just because he's from Chicago.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
if Cavs trade for him they will be able to give him a max deal since his bird rights would transfer over

the thing i dont understand is how the Bulls are not linked to Love more? it seems like the front office isn't very interested.....after that first laughable trade offer of Taj+Snell its been nothing

its like they did were doing due diligence and threw out a whatever offer and moved on

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
if Cavs trade for him they will be able to give him a max deal since his birdrights would transfer over

the thing i dont understand is how the Bulls are not linked to Love more? it seems like the front office isn't very interested

after that first laughable trade offer of Taj+Snell its been nothing

its like they did were doing due diligence and threw out a whatever offer and moved on

Thats whats making me think this is just the rumor mill spinning, if it were serious the Bulls would be in discussions. They're obviously one of his main targets, so any serious info would at least address their chances.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Thats whats making me think this is just the rumor mill spinning, if it were serious the Bulls would be in discussions. They're obviously one of his main targets, so any serious info would at least address their chances.

maybe but i thinking Flip asked for allot and they basically said no then hung up the phone and that was it

i think they have allot of trust in Nikola being a player

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Twolves are fucking stupid if they don't take the Cavs deal. #1 pick, and the the last two #1 picks (one being Wiggins). I think Wiggins is going to be good. Love is just gonna walk next year...

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
if Cavs trade for him they will be able to give him a max deal since his bird rights would transfer over
I find it hard to imagine the Cleveland Cavaliers paying Lebron $20+ Million, Kyrie $20+ Million, & Love $20+ Million.

Has any team in NBA history ever paid 3 players $20+ million each annually?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I find it hard to imagine the Cleveland Cavaliers paying Lebron $20+ Million, Kyrie $20+ Million, & Love $20+ Million.

it wont matter when the cap goes up to 85m

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Gotta Love the NBA Salary cap ...... every couple years you see a mini dream team built and watch the same teams in the finals for years...... then a team like the Bulls, fights hard, drafts well, and doesn't tank..... can't sign one max player, but yet is $10 million under the Luxury tax .... by rule.

I may be a little old school, but it sure does seem like the new generation is all about the 'easy' way.

Go figure......

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Gotta Love the NBA Salary cap ...... every couple years you see a mini dream team built and watch the same teams in the finals for years...... then a team like the Bulls, fights hard, drafts well, and doesn't tank..... can't sign one max player, but yet is $10 million under the Luxury tax .... by rule.

I may be a little old school, but it sure does seem like the new generation is all about the 'easy' way.

Go figure......

theres the issue

the players we draft end up commanding big $$, we pay them and it eats into our cap

back in 2010 we hit it perfect all good young players on rookie contracts with a ton of cap

unfortunately the top 3 guys had plans to join up

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
theres the issue

we draft so well they end up commanding big $$, we pay them and it eats into our cap

back in 2010 we hit it perfect yall yuong players on rookie contract

unfortunately the top 3 guys had plans to join it up

But yet if you suck for a year or two, you've got a chance to put something together ........ why do you think I hate tanking so much? The NBA needs to fix this, imo. However, the sport is exploding cuz it's a very friendly international sport, so I don't know.

Maybe at a crossroads, at least for me .....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Don't think so. Miami's big 3 almost made it to those numbers. If they had all opted in then they would have been at 20+ each. I think they only made it to 18 or 19. NY had Amare and Melo at 20+, but no one else got that much. Same with LA with Kobe and Pau. Maybe Pierce, Allen, and Garnett their first year together? I don't think they made 20M then either though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
theres the issue

the players we draft end up commanding big $$, we pay them and it eats into our cap

back in 2010 we hit it perfect all good young players on rookie contracts with shit ton of cap

unfortunately the top 3 guys had plans to join up
Well you can't really force a player to sign here. You can go all out to recruit a player, but if they don't want to come, there's nothing you can do. That's what's happened the last 2 times we tried to go out and sign someone (3 if you go back to 2000 and pretend Ben Wallace doesn't exist). Honestly, our best chance at another star at this rate is just drafting one. Who knows...maybe Doug or Niko will be studs. :shrug: