OT: Cavs now willing to offer Wiggins in Love talks?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if Cavs trade for him they will be able to give him a max deal since his bird rights would transfer over

the thing i dont understand is how the Bulls are not linked to Love more? it seems like the front office isn't very interested.....after that first laughable trade offer of Taj+Snell its been nothing

its like they did were doing due diligence and threw out a whatever offer and moved on

That is absolutely true. IF they are not talking to Minnesota, then I do not know why not.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well you can't really force a player to sign here. You can go all out to recruit a player, but if they don't want to come, there's nothing you can do. That's what's happened the last 2 times we tried to go out and sign someone (3 if you go back to 2000 and pretend Ben Wallace doesn't exist). Honestly, our best chance at another star at this rate is just drafting one. Who knows...maybe Doug or Niko will be studs. :shrug:

I think that you are correct on this. I think that the draft and smart trades are the way to go. There, you control the situation not the player.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well you can't really force a player to sign here. You can go all out to recruit a player, but if they don't want to come, there's nothing you can do. That's what's happened the last 2 times we tried to go out and sign someone (3 if you go back to 2000 and pretend Ben Wallace doesn't exist). Honestly, our best chance at another star at this rate is just drafting one. Who knows...maybe Doug or Niko will be studs. :shrug:

oh i know that

i think you mistook what i was trying to say

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Don't think so. Miami's big 3 almost made it to those numbers. If they had all opted in then they would have been at 20+ each..
I thought that the reason they all opted out was because Miami was incapable of paying all 3 guys the max ($20+ million), while being able to surround them with serviceable role players.

Why would it be different in Cleveland?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I thought that the reason they all opted out was because Miami was incapable of paying all 3 guys the max ($20+ million), while being able to surround them with serviceable role players.

That is not why Lebron opted out. And that is not why the others opted out. Might want to do a little research...something you are not really good at.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Eh...not really. They still had the MLE and such exceptions available to them. They could've added more pieces while retaining the group they had. Hard to say for sure why they all opted out since Lebron bolted, but it's likely they did that so that Riley could go sign some good players and then they would all take the necessary pay cuts to fill in the rest of the salary cap. Fact of the matter is, if you have 3 max worthy players on a team, good players will come lining up to play with them for cheap. The difference in Cleveland? Not much except the core is younger.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
oh i know that

i think you mistook what i was trying to say
No I know what you were trying to say. I guess you post was just relevant to the point I wanted to make. It's more referring to this offseason than the 2010 offseason. We went all out for Melo short of gutting the team to clear out max cap room. I suppose it's easy to say now in retrospect, but how much worse would we be right now if we had done that? To place all blame on GarPax for not bringing in the prized free agent isn't 100% fair. I guess if you're a do or do not, there is no try kind of thinker it's easy to say that they're failures, but I don't believe it's that simple. So yeah, they seem to like the players they draft and they give them contracts that prevent us from always having a lot of cap space to go out and sign the big name, but imo to call them failures for doing so is shortsighted.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
That is not why Lebron opted out. And that is not why the others opted out. Might want to do a little research...something you are not really good at.
Either you have no idea what is even being discussed, or you're simply attempting to bait me into another goofy flamewar.

Myself & Clonetrooper are having an adult conversation right now.

Eh...not really. They still had the MLE and such exceptions available to them. They could've added more pieces while retaining the group they had. Hard to say for sure why they all opted out since Lebron bolted, but it's likely they did that so that Riley could go sign some good players and then they would all take the necessary pay cuts to fill in the rest of the salary cap. Fact of the matter is, if you have 3 max worthy players on a team, good players will come lining up to play with them for cheap. The difference in Cleveland? Not much except the core is younger.
The underlined is my point, Clone.

All 3 players were not gonna be paid $20+ million annually in Miami, which is why I don't see it happening in Cleveland neither.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Either you have no idea what is even being discussed, or you're simply attempting to bait me into another goofy flamewar.

Myself & Clonetrooper are having an adult conversation right now.

You are not capable of having an adult conversation dude. And since when do you care about carrying on conversations on these forums without butting in. I think everyone knows who stalks who on these forums. Stop the madness.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The underlined is my point, Clone.

All 3 players were not gonna be paid $20+ million annually in Miami, which is why I don't see it happening in Cleveland neither.
Well they definitely could've been paid 20+ if they wanted to, either by resigning or by opting in. The pay cuts they theoretically would have taken would all have been voluntary in order to field an even better roster than they already had. Basically, if they took those pay cuts, it was for the purpose of stacking the team to state similar to San Antonio and even the Bulls right now, good top level talent with lots of quality depth. Miami had decent depth, but they wanted even more. Imo the only reason to have this depth was because Wade was on the steep decline. They had already won two titles and made four straight appearances in the Finals without having super deep benches. So in regards to Cleveland, when two of your big three are 25 and younger and the third player is Lebron, you don't really have to worry that much about having lots of depth. You really only need to be about 6 or 7 deep.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

DCguy

Liked Posts:

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Klay will be worth the max soon enough. I don't really care anymore about Love. If he goes to Cleveland it's really not gonna change anything. We're still not winning a championship this season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
So Rose dislikes all of the all stars? Rose is socially awkward...not Lebron and Dwight Howard. And Love should share Rose's sentiments? I don't think so.

And again...just because Love is Rose's friends don't mean they should like/dislike the same people. Everyone has different experiences with people and should be mature enough to make their own judgments.

That wasn't a lesson on maturity...I was actually pointing out that the theory didn't make sense when it comes to grown men. "I don't like Lebron because Rose doesn't like him" is immature thinking...period. You think Rose dislikes Garnett because Noah dislikes him? Most likely, not.

I think you are failing to take into account that friends and family play a big role in the judgments that every individual makes just as much as our own experiences. Maturity has little to do with making your own judgments. One's own judgments can be equally mature or immature. It's all based on the individual, their experiences, and the family and friends around them. I would say if my best friend is telling me, "You know I really can't stand that guy. He's a bit of a douche bag", I'm more than likely going to take my friends word on it, not because I am immature or lack any of my own opinions but because I trust my best friend. The same goes for family as well. These people know me and know how I am as a person, so if they are telling me to stay away, I likely will.

This doesn't mean that Love hates Lebron because Rose does because I don't think Rose actually hates Lebron. He's just not his type of guy. Rose is quiet and introverted. Lebron is loud and obnoxious a lot of the time. Those types of people just don't mix. On the court, I'm sure they could be amazing together, but that doesn't mean that have to all be best friends off of it. This whole buddy-buddy AAU culture that has permeated the NBA is slowly destroying the competitive nature that I absolutely loved when I was growing up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No I know what you were trying to say. I guess you post was just relevant to the point I wanted to make. It's more referring to this offseason than the 2010 offseason. We went all out for Melo short of gutting the team to clear out max cap room. I suppose it's easy to say now in retrospect, but how much worse would we be right now if we had done that? To place all blame on GarPax for not bringing in the prized free agent isn't 100% fair. I guess if you're a do or do not, there is no try kind of thinker it's easy to say that they're failures, but I don't believe it's that simple. So yeah, they seem to like the players they draft and they give them contracts that prevent us from always having a lot of cap space to go out and sign the big name, but imo to call them failures for doing so is shortsighted.

I don't fault the Bulls for not landing Melo. I really don't because I don't believe that he was straight to them up front. But I do blame them for not really exploring a back-up plan which they should have had beyond the knee jerk reaction to Gasol. That I do blame them for. that was DUMB.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think you are failing to take into account that friends and family play a big role in the judgments that every individual makes just as much as our own experiences. Maturity has little to do with making your own judgments. One's own judgments can be equally mature or immature. It's all based on the individual, their experiences, and the family and friends around them. I would say if my best friend is telling me, "You know I really can't stand that guy. He's a bit of a douche bag", I'm more than likely going to take my friends word on it, not because I am immature or lack any of my own opinions but because I trust my best friend. The same goes for family as well. These people know me and know how I am as a person, so if they are telling me to stay away, I likely will.

This doesn't mean that Love hates Lebron because Rose does because I don't think Rose actually hates Lebron. He's just not his type of guy. Rose is quiet and introverted. Lebron is loud and obnoxious a lot of the time. Those types of people just don't mix. On the court, I'm sure they could be amazing together, but that doesn't mean that have to all be best friends off of it. This whole buddy-buddy AAU culture that has permeated the NBA is slowly destroying the competitive nature that I absolutely loved when I was growing up.

I don't think Rose and Love are that close that they have common enemies. And I have no reason to doubt that Love wants to play with Lebron James given the opportunity. I don't see Love forcing a trade to the Bulls to play with his good friend Rose.

Liked Posts:
Where has the Rose hating Lebron stuff come from? If anything he's just direct competition since he lost to Lebron-led teams twice (not counting 2013 cause he didn't play) plus they're like 4 years apart and run in different circles. Only guy I know that Rose doesn't like is ET or maybe that Stephen Black guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't fault the Bulls for not landing Melo. I really don't because I don't believe that he was straight to them up front. But I do blame them for not really exploring a back-up plan which they should have had beyond the knee jerk reaction to Gasol. That I do blame them for. that was DUMB.

We're all waiting .... enlighten us on the backup plan the Bulls should have taken?

Why is it that the biggest bitches never offer an alternative. Seriously, I'd Love to hear it!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't think Rose and Love are that close that they have common enemies. And I have no reason to doubt that Love wants to play with Lebron James given the opportunity. I don't see Love forcing a trade to the Bulls to play with his good friend Rose.

Imo, the biggest obstacle would be Love going to Cleveland. I mean who the fuck wants to go to Cleveland? Love will need several things confirmed and guaranteed before he takes his family to that shithole. It's my belief that the only reason LJ wants to go is he's from there.