OT: Cavs now willing to offer Wiggins in Love talks?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

terrible news for us if true

we not only miss out on Love but he comes to our conference and joins up with the Bron

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Smart moves for cavs this gives them a pretty good big three and they have depth

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smart moves for cavs this gives them a pretty good big three and they have depth
Do they have depth? They'll be trading most of it for Love...or so one would think. I didn't even think they had depth that was that great in the first place

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are they keeping Waiters?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are they keeping Waiters?
My assumption is that the offer is whatever it was reported before plus Wiggins. Perhaps that's a poor assumption, but it would make sense given the strictness of the demands from the TWolves so far. If they're trading Love, they're going to try to milk every asset from whoever they trade him to.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Good move. I'd gladly trade a guy *expected* to be a star for another young guy *guaranteed* to be a star

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I hope Love leaves them after a season, then rejoins the Wolves with Wiggins. LOL

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Yellow Melo & the Tankerbockers

I wonder if Melo is realizing yet that he ain't gonna win shit in NY? I'm not butthurt about him not coming here like some, but as I look at a lot of teams in the East getting better, and hearing Melo say he wants to win, it doesn't look like the knicks can make the playoffs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Melo is realizing yet that he ain't gonna win shit in NY? I'm not butthurt about him not coming here like some, but as I look at a lot of teams in the East getting better, and hearing Melo say he wants to win, it doesn't look like the knicks can make the playoffs.
Either Melo is delusional or he doesn't care about winning.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Either Melo is delusional or he doesn't care about winning.

I've really concluded that he's a big pussy. He better go out and get LaLa a big fat ring cuz that's the only ring he's gonna get!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Salaries have to match. So Wiggins, Bennett, and ?. Seems like a lot to give up for Love who could bolt as a FA after the season.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Salaries have to match. So Wiggins, Bennett, and ?. Seems like a lot to give up for Love who could bolt as a FA after the season.

Except Love already stated that he would commit long term to play with LJ on the Cavs.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Except Love already stated that he would commit long term to play with LJ on the Cavs.

He's said it before that he'd be intrigued in signing long term if the opportunity to play in Cleveland presented himself.

Translation: Hey Flip, trade me to Cleveland. Golden State isn't willing to pony up Klay Thompson, so why not send me to Cleveland and get Wiggins/Waiters and whoever else you can snag.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Cleveland is trying to get a third team into the mix so they only have to give up one younger asset, cap fodder and a pick.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Cleveland is trying to get a third team into the mix so they only have to give up one younger asset, cap fodder and a pick.

See this is where I would tell Cleveland to pound sand. Why help them put together another Big 3 roster? I would need to bend Cleveland over a barrel without lube to participate in any trade talks.