Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So they have like four players now?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Ah man, Boozer gonna have to deal with Kobe and his mood swings now.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Boozer might be their best player. Kobe will likely be hurt and miss a lot of games.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Lol! Wait, what?! Not sure if serious.

That's about what I expect from you. Would you rather he go to a rival and help them while we pay for his contract?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, he'll only play hard against us, and sleep for 80 games now! :) w00t.

Kobe will be like, so Booz, how does his defense work? And Boozer will be like, "Shit, I don't know, I never paid attention."

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, the Lakers have quietly put together an interesting offseason.

**Drafted Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson (a guy I think can be an absolute steal in the second round),
**Snagged Boozer off the amnesty scrap heap
**Took on Jeremy Lin's expiring deal and also snagged a future first and a future second rounder from Houston while giving up dick in return
**Landed Ed Davis for practically nothing (two years, $2 million total)
**Extended Nick Young on a very reasonable deal (four years, $21.5 million)
**Slightly overpaid Jordan Hill (two years, $18.5 million)

With last year's Kobe extension, the Lakers have created an interesting two-year window. Julius Randle and Nick Young are the only two guys who have guaranteed deals after the 2015-16 season, meaning the Lakers will once again have a clean slate heading into free agency, plus a cache of picks. I'm interested to see who the tab as their coach. If Kobe proves to be healthy (about as big of an if as Rose being healthy), this team could be a pain in the ass to deal with every night. Certainly not a title contender, but a team who could sneak into the playoffs and be a challenge to deal with in the first round.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So they wouldnt take him in a S&T but then put in a bid for him? dicks

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Exactly what I was thinking. I guess they only wanted to take one dog shit contract on (Lin's) of which they got 2 picks in return. We probably weren't offering a sweetner to take Booze off our hands.

Either way, good luck to him in LA because he's going to need it going up against Aldridge, Cousins, Love (assuming no trade happens), Randolph, Dirk, and others in the West.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Exactly what I was thinking. I guess they only wanted to take one dog shit contract on (Lin's) of which they got 2 picks in return. We probably weren't offering a sweetner to take Booze off our hands.

Either way, good luck to him in LA because he's going to need it going up against Aldridge, Cousins, Love (assuming no trade happens), Randolph, Dirk, and others in the West.[/QUOTE

Boozer THRIVED in the West, remember? Just because he didn't fit with Thibs doesn't mean he can't play. Just ask Gasol about D'Antoni.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Either way, good luck to him in LA because he's going to need it going up against Aldridge, Cousins, Love (assuming no trade happens), Randolph, Dirk, and others in the West.[/QUOTE

Boozer THRIVED in the West, remember? Just because he didn't fit with Thibs doesn't mean he can't play. Just ask Gasol about D'Antoni.

He "THRIVED" in the West when he was in his 20's playing with arguably the best PG in the game at the time, D Will, and under the incredible Jerry Sloan. Boozer just spent 4 seasons under one of the top 3 coaches in the NBA today in Thibs, playing against virtually no big men in the East and he did not tear anything up. He had some really great games and then games where he'd disappear. His most consistent year, oddly, was the lockout season. Boozer's best years are waaaaaay behind him now. He's slower, less athletic, and more comfortable playing in the mid range.

Not to mention, LA doesn't even have a coach yet. Booze may increase his scoring a bit, but that'll be a product of him being the 3rd best player on the team right now.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
So, the Bulls pay the difference in his salary and what was owed? Any word yet on the $? Would love it if LA overpaid him for no reason.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Yet, it must be Rose's and the FO's fault........

b6867414b43a7c0844ccc1d236d9eb60ed3d2a3942c37d889b1b316f436c76c2.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So, the Bulls pay the difference in his salary and what was owed? Any word yet on the $? Would love it if LA overpaid him for no reason.
Their bid was 3+ mil so the bulls owe the difference which was 13 + mil..

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls will have to pay 13.55M of his salary. Saw it on twitter somewhere

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, the Lakers have quietly put together an interesting offseason.

**Drafted Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson (a guy I think can be an absolute steal in the second round),
**Snagged Boozer off the amnesty scrap heap
**Took on Jeremy Lin's expiring deal and also snagged a future first and a future second rounder from Houston while giving up dick in return
**Landed Ed Davis for practically nothing (two years, $2 million total)
**Extended Nick Young on a very reasonable deal (four years, $21.5 million)
**Slightly overpaid Jordan Hill (two years, $18.5 million)

With last year's Kobe extension, the Lakers have created an interesting two-year window. Julius Randle and Nick Young are the only two guys who have guaranteed deals after the 2015-16 season, meaning the Lakers will once again have a clean slate heading into free agency, plus a cache of picks. I'm interested to see who the tab as their coach. If Kobe proves to be healthy (about as big of an if as Rose being healthy), this team could be a pain in the ass to deal with every night. Certainly not a title contender, but a team who could sneak into the playoffs and be a challenge to deal with in the first round.

In all honesty, I expect the Lakers to be pretty bad again this year. In the East they'd likely be a playoff team in the bottom half....in the West...they'll be in the lottery again next year.