Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, he'll only play hard against us, and sleep for 80 games now! :) w00t.

Kobe will be like, so Booz, how does his defense work? And Boozer will be like, "Shit, I don't know, I never paid attention."
"I just scream HEEEEEEEEY to let Jo know someone's in the paint. He takes it from there."

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmmm, the Lakers have quietly put together an interesting offseason.

**Drafted Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson (a guy I think can be an absolute steal in the second round),
**Snagged Boozer off the amnesty scrap heap
**Took on Jeremy Lin's expiring deal and also snagged a future first and a future second rounder from Houston while giving up dick in return
**Landed Ed Davis for practically nothing (two years, $2 million total)
**Extended Nick Young on a very reasonable deal (four years, $21.5 million)
**Slightly overpaid Jordan Hill (two years, $18.5 million)

With last year's Kobe extension, the Lakers have created an interesting two-year window. Julius Randle and Nick Young are the only two guys who have guaranteed deals after the 2015-16 season, meaning the Lakers will once again have a clean slate heading into free agency, plus a cache of picks. I'm interested to see who the tab as their coach. If Kobe proves to be healthy (about as big of an if as Rose being healthy), this team could be a pain in the ass to deal with every night. Certainly not a title contender, but a team who could sneak into the playoffs and be a challenge to deal with in the first round.

I don't even think they finish .500.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't even think they finish .500.

And they very well could miss the playoffs. If Kobe can't come back and give them 70 games, they have zero chance. Still, I'm more interested in the window they've given themselves as opposed to the actual W-L for their season. I mean, if they absolutely lay an egg with a healthy Kobe and win something like 32 games, he might murder whoever the coach is and become a player/coach, mainly so he can pad his scoring stats and go for Kareem's scoring record.