Report: Bulls sign PG Aaron Brooks

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have no doubt that Thibs could turn Brooks into a decent contributor to the team...he still isn't what the Bulls need in their backcourt. They need size and an ability to create.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no doubt that Thibs could turn Brooks into a decent contributor to the team...he still isn't what the Bulls need in their backcourt. They need size and an ability to create.
Well as it stands right now, the only person available I can think of is Evan Turner. He can create and he has length, but he can't shoot and I'm not even really convinced he's that good at creating. Plus, he'd be out of our price range. For the min, Aaron Brooks is as good as we can get. If McDermott shows he can score and truly make Dunleavy obsolete then perhaps we can move him for a cheaper SG, but I'm not really seeing that many options on the table right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should have gone for Lin and Stephenson instead of Gasol.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well as it stands right now, the only person available I can think of is Evan Turner. He can create and he has length, but he can't shoot and I'm not even really convinced he's that good at creating. Plus, he'd be out of our price range. For the min, Aaron Brooks is as good as we can get. If McDermott shows he can score and truly make Dunleavy obsolete then perhaps we can move him for a cheaper SG, but I'm not really seeing that many options on the table right now.

Evan Turner is terrible....i wouldn't want him for free

TL1961

Liked Posts:

The same Evan Turner that went to Indiana and was a huge part of their collapse? No thanks.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The same Evan Turner that went to Indiana and was a huge part of their collapse? No thanks.

He went to Ohio State, but yeah I wouldn't touch Turner with a 100 foot pole.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Got traded to Indiana, but yeah he definitely didn't mesh there.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
so it looks like we're signing him

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looooovvveeee the Brooks signing. Also love that we didn't sign another white guy

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe its sarcasm that I've not picked up on, but I think too many of you are getting a bit hung up on the race thing.

---> Sent from above.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe its sarcasm that I've not picked up on, but I think too many of you are getting a bit hung up on the race thing.

---> Sent from above.

Just having some fun pops :tongue:

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
A decent move by the Bulls? There must be a catch.

At least this kind of makes up for the disastrous decision to sign Hinrich:facepalm: over Augustin, for about the same price. That's like going to a restaurant and being offered a sirloin steak or an old, cold, bunless McDonalds patty on a plate for the same price. Which would you choose? Well, the Bulls chose the latter. But enough about the D.J. vs. Kirk argument.

Good move. I just hope Brooks doesn't rot away on the bench at the expense of Hinrich. Brooks should be the backup to Rose and Kirk should be the 3rd option. But I think we all know it's going to be the other way around, well... that is of course, until Rose gets hurt again and Kirk becomes the starter, as God intended.

Liked Posts:

At least this kind of makes up for the disastrous decision to sign Hinrich:facepalm: over Augustin, for about the same price. That's like going to a restaurant and being offered a sirloin steak or an old, cold, bunless McDonalds patty on a plate for the same price. Which would you choose? Well, the Bulls chose the latter. But enough about the D.J. vs. Kirk argument.

Good move. I just hope Brooks doesn't rot away on the bench at the expense of Hinrich. Brooks should be the backup to Rose and Kirk should be the 3rd option. But I think we all know it's going to be the other way around, well... that is of course, until Rose gets hurt again and Kirk becomes the starter, as God intended.

The other day I made a comment that the front office feels it's not worth winning a title if Kirk can't be a part of it. It was only partly in jest. Part of me believes this might be true. If that's the case, maybe they won't care how much Kirk plays.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirk playing backup SG more to give Brooks more minutes. Thibs did like to play Kirk and DJ together to close out games, so it stands to reason that we will see Rose and Kirk closing out some games. We may see Brooks and Rose closing out games too.

People are going to whine all season about Hinrich and his inconsistent shooting, but somehow he manages to have a positive plus minus while on the court, so we'll just have to deal with it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirk playing backup SG more to give Brooks more minutes. Thibs did like to play Kirk and DJ together to close out games, so it stands to reason that we will see Rose and Kirk closing out some games. We may see Brooks and Rose closing out games too.

People are going to whine all season about Hinrich and his inconsistent shooting, but somehow he manages to have a positive plus minus while on the court, so we'll just have to deal with it.

Every year it's the same. It reminds me of the dumb Bears fans that say the Bears have no cap room EVERY year. :nope: Brooks will be the new DJ, who was the new Nate, who was the new CJ, and so on. If anything, these players should be thanking Thibs and the Bulls team, for getting them big contracts the following year.

Kirk is a great player. He will be a great piece as a backup for the Bulls. Rose being injured has put a lot of fans perspective out of line, imo. Rose/Butler, and Brooks/Kirk, isn't as bad as people are making out, especially when teams will be trying to keep up with our extremely deep and big front line rotation.