Report: Bulls sign PG Aaron Brooks

czman

Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls will be the worst team in the league. It can only get better from there right? :elephant:

There is probably a middle ground between everything working out picture perfect and the Bulls being horrible. Crazy talk I know.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
It is good to see expectations are being tempered............

We have Tibs being flexabile.
McDermott being as good as Korver
Butler shooting better
Snell playing like he did in SL.
The Euro kid as the stretch 4 who can create off the dribble.
Brooks being compared to Rondo.

Yep, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

aslong as they are entertaining i can deal

the Bulls cant possibly be worse than they have been these last 2 years as far as entertainment value

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is probably a middle ground between everything working out picture perfect and the Bulls being horrible. Crazy talk I know.
One hyperbole for another. And as crazy as it sounds, the middle ground most likely still results in the Bulls being a top 3 team in the East.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
So you don't think that Rondo is a great guard? Do you not think that Rondo is great at dishing out to other players? What Rondo lacks as a player is solely the ability to hit a jump shot as far as I see it. Everything else he is great at including rebounding, defense, and play-making. BTW......... it is just myself who has this outlandish idea, my friend, so you can lay off the other people on the board.

But just for shits and grins, please explain why you do not like Rose and Rondo as a tandem?

If I have to explain to you why trading for Rondo is a bad idea...than I am pretty sure I am right and you don't know anything about basketball.

Liked Posts:

the Bulls cant possibly be worse than they have been these last 2 years as far as entertainment value

The 2013 run was good all things considered because we had Nate, Marco and the streak game........but this past season was just depressing, and the way it ended.....:facepalm2:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The 2013 run was good all things considered because we had Nate, Marco and the streak game........but this past season was just depressing, and the way it ended.....:facepalm2:

yeah you're right there was def some memorable moments in 12

cant think of any this past year except Noah's season

but even then us relying on our center to run the offense is sad in its own right

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that they will be better than last year and the year before that. They are getting Rose back and that alone will improve them a bunch. Mirotic is also a plus addition. I think that McBuckets will be a good addition, question is when. I see Gasol as a push with Boozer over-all.

So they are going to be better. A blind person can see that. But unless they make a significant move over where they are, this team will not be elite and I want them to be elite. There, right now, are three teams in the West that would roll them and one team, the Cavs, who will be also better than them if they get Love.

poido123

Liked Posts:
More guards? I'd settle for more than one GOOD GUARD. Once again, your logic is false. The way this team is at this exact point in time, would lose in the early rounds because of a lack of ability to get to the basket on offense. A good team would wear Rose down with double teams and clog the middle forcing the Bulls to settle for outside shots.

Welcome to a completely different Bulls roster dude. We are not playing bogans as starting shooting guard anymore or relying heavily on one player for offense.

This team has improved significantly with what we've added for offense.

This team is going to the finals and 50-50 with whoever we play in the west.

I layed out a sizeable bet on a Chicago to win the championshipthis year, I'm that confident.

We have elite defenders at key positions butler/noah, we have a good mix of elite shooters and now a high IQ post player who will be vital in creating for others and himself. We have two elite passing bigmen and most of our guys are at a good age to win, and have played together for a while now. The big second year improvement from Snell, dougie and bairstow look like ballers with the ability to score iin a variety of ways...

The east has gotten worse at the top, while our team has added key players and got better. This year we can catch the cavs off guard(big changes, young core)and show our experience. The other teams I think we have covered.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If I have to explain to you why trading for Rondo is a bad idea...than I am pretty sure I am right and you don't know anything about basketball.

This

Its a stupid idea that doesnt even need debate.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I am sorry...but if you think paying 35mil per year for two injury-plagued point guards is a good idea...well, I'll just say you don't know much about basketball.

Hell with the twin towers as a building model...the "twin midgets" is better? Unbelievable...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welcome to a completely different Bulls roster dude. We are not playing bogans as starting shooting guard anymore or relying heavily on one player for offense.

This team has improved significantly with what we've added for offense.

This team is going to the finals and 50-50 with whoever we play in the west.

I layed out a sizeable bet on a Chicago to win the championshipthis year, I'm that confident.

We have elite defenders at key positions butler/noah, we have a good mix of elite shooters and now a high IQ post player who will be vital in creating for others and himself. We have two elite passing bigmen and most of our guys are at a good age to win, and have played together for a while now. The big second year improvement from Snell, dougie and bairstow look like ballers with the ability to score iin a variety of ways...

The east has gotten worse at the top, while our team has added key players and got better. This year we can catch the cavs off guard(big changes, young core)and show our experience. The other teams I think we have covered.

I said that they got better. I said that the east is weaker unless Love goes to the Cavs. I also said that they are nowhere an elite team with one good to excellent guard on the team. This is a small players league still and if you trap guys in the front, you will pay hell to score. With this roster, they will not win a championship. There are at least five teams better than they are.

poido123

Liked Posts:
I said that they got better. I said that the east is weaker unless Love goes to the Cavs. I also said that they are nowhere an elite team with one good to excellent guard on the team. This is a small players league still and if you trap guys in the front, you will pay hell to score. With this roster, they will not win a championship. There are at least five teams better than they are.

I disagree, but whatever.

We will have an elite passing team to overcome any issues we have breaking guys down off the dribble and penetration.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

In your dreams. Rondo is a true point guard. Rose really isn't. Rondo is a great assist guy. Rose is not. Both have suffered through injuries which will decrease their value. Assuming Rondo and Rose are healthy, they would pair up as a great back-court. Rose would move to shooting guard and it would be explosive.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
In your dreams. Rondo is a true point guard. Rose really isn't. Rondo is a great assist guy. Rose is not. Both have suffered through injuries which will decrease their value. Assuming Rondo and Rose are healthy, they would pair up as a great back-court. Rose would move to shooting guard and it would be explosive.

Sadly, I don't think either players playing ability was his point. :smh:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sadly, I don't think either players playing ability was his point. :smh:

If that was his point......... why didn't he articulate it? I really don't think that making smug little comments like that adds anything to the conversation. I don't like snipers although it is a very valuable tool in combat.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If that was his point......... why didn't he articulate it? I really don't think that making smug little comments like that adds anything to the conversation. I don't like snipers although it is a very valuable tool in combat.

Well, in a way, he did, and you proved what he said was right. :smh:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Both have suffered through injuries which will decrease their value.

Derrick Rose's salary
'14- $18,862,876
'15- $20,093,064
'16- $21,323,252

This is his value for the next 3 years. It's set in stone, that's it. You make absolutely no sense. In terms of trading, Rose has no value. No one wants to pay a player max money while not knowing what youre going to get on the court. What do you know youre getting in Rose?
1) A guy coming off of two season ending knee injuries. But to his credit, one of them didnt have to be season ending. Which brings me to
2) He's selfish. Medically cleared to play. Wont.
3) He wont recruit the big time FAs that arent his close buds.

Value...Rose's value has never been lower yet never cost so much.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derrick Rose's salary
'14- $18,862,876
'15- $20,093,064
'16- $21,323,252

This is his value for the next 3 years. It's set in stone, that's it. You make absolutely no sense. In terms of trading, Rose has no value. No one wants to pay a player max money while not knowing what youre going to get on the court. What do you know youre getting in Rose?
1) A guy coming off of two season ending knee injuries. But to his credit, one of them didnt have to be season ending. Which brings me to
2) He's selfish. Medically cleared to play. Wont.
3) He wont recruit the big time FAs that arent his close buds.

Value...Rose's value has never been lower yet never cost so much.

You just made my point. Both Rose and Rondo have had their value decreased as a result of their injuries. I believe that Rondo's possible trade value to another team is improved somewhat because of his contract situation, though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you want to trade assets for another Injured PG who's gonna cost you $13M and then be a FA, take your other injured PG and put him at SG, all of this while not fixing the one glaring issue this team has which is finding a second player who can create off the dribble? How does this make the Bulls better?