Bryant #1

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Kris Bryant, 3B | Chicago Cubs

Preseason Ranking: 15

While there are players in the minors who offer higher ceilings -- notably the next two guys on this list -- Bryant is so close to major league ready that his value at this moment is at least as high as that of Buxton, who's playing now but has been hurt most of the year, or Correa, who's out at least until the Fall League. Bryant has power, he's capable at third base, and his eye and approach continue to improve. Even if he's just a .260 to .270 hitter -- probably a pessimistic forecast -- he'll still be an MVP-caliber bat who hits 30-40 homers and gets on base at a solid clip.

2. Byron Buxton, CF | Minnesota Twins

Preseason Ranking: 1

It's been a rough year for Buxton, who missed almost three months with a pair of injuries that not only cost him development time but also left him rusty, even as he repeats high-A. Buxton's injury might push back his timetable, but I don't think it will change his ultimate ceiling at all; he remains an 80 runner with an 80 arm in center field, the right mix for a plus-plus defender. He has the bat speed and swing to hit for average and some power. If you want to yell and scream that he's really the best prospect in baseball -- instead of Bryant -- I won't put up much of a fight. I'd gladly take either guy in my system.

:woot: thoughts.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:

While there are players in the minors who offer higher ceilings -- notably the next two guys on this list -- Bryant is so close to major league ready that his value at this moment is at least as high as that of Buxton, who's playing now but has been hurt most of the year, or Correa, who's out at least until the Fall League. Bryant has power, he's capable at third base, and his eye and approach continue to improve. Even if he's just a .260 to .270 hitter -- probably a pessimistic forecast -- he'll still be an MVP-caliber bat who hits 30-40 homers and gets on base at a solid clip.

2. Byron Buxton, CF | Minnesota Twins

Preseason Ranking: 1

It's been a rough year for Buxton, who missed almost three months with a pair of injuries that not only cost him development time but also left him rusty, even as he repeats high-A. Buxton's injury might push back his timetable, but I don't think it will change his ultimate ceiling at all; he remains an 80 runner with an 80 arm in center field, the right mix for a plus-plus defender. He has the bat speed and swing to hit for average and some power. If you want to yell and scream that he's really the best prospect in baseball -- instead of Bryant -- I won't put up much of a fight. I'd gladly take either guy in my system.

:woot: thoughts.

Boy if he bats .260 - .270 in the majors, I will be disappointed. I definitely expect an average higher than that.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
.260-.270 with 35 jacks won't disappoint me, but I expect a .280-.290.

Well, I'd like for his batting average to still be higher than .260 - .270 even with 35 HR (I may be being too picky). His career minor league average is .346, so I don't see a drop down to .260, especially if he can cut his strikeouts down.

I can only dream that we have a Pujols/Cabrera on our hands, where he hits for power/average.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
.260- .270 wouldn't be too bad in his first few years until he can figure stuff out. I highly doubt he will just keep raking like he has been in the minors all the way to Cooperstown.... But if he did, I will take it! As long as it brings us 5-6 trophies in between.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The .270 was a low side forecast. He hasn't hit below .330 for any stop in the minors that had more than 10 plate appearances. In all but A+ last year and AAA this year he's hit over .350. I'm not sure I'd forecast him in the .320 range but I'd be rather surprised if he wasn't at least a .280-.290 hitter. No one has yet to figure him out and if AAA pitchers aren't that likely means he's going to fair similarly well against most 3-5 starters. However, the difference between .280 and .320 is likely how he fairs against 1/2 starters which he's yet to see.

Liked Posts:
What difference does it make if he hits .270 if his SLG % is huge?

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
What difference does it make if he hits .270 if his SLG % is huge?

BC I just don't see how his average drops all the way down to .270. I'm hoping for him to hit .280 at the minimum.

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:

thoughts.
About damn time.......

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 or 6 trophies?? I'd settle for one right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The range isn't wrong. He has 63% contact rate in the minors which isn't real good. Bryant has a ton of swing and miss in his game. People need to temper expectations on all our prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The range isn't wrong. He has 63% contact rate in the minors which isn't real good. Bryant has a ton of swing and miss in his game. People need to temper expectations on all our prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm not tempering shit.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
News flash, mother fuckers -- I don't need any fucking stats for Kris Bryant. He passes "the eye test". If this guy doesn't get your dick so hard that your lady friend chips her tooth at the thought of even putting your tip in her mouth, just go ahead and send ol' JosMin a message and I can permanently relinquish your Cubs fandom.... cuz the dude is boner material.

bryant_article_ezsplez0_khbuurlg.jpg

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
News flash, mother fuckers -- I don't need any fucking stats for Kris Bryant. He passes "the eye test". If this guy doesn't get your dick so hard that your lady friend chips her tooth at the thought of even putting your tip in her mouth, just go ahead and send ol' JosMin a message and I can permanently relinquish your Cubs fandom.... cuz the dude is boner material.

That was graphic.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

:lmao:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
ESPN, MinorLeagueBall (Sickels) and another one of those rankings, forget which, have him #1