Starlin Castro

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's laughable is how you enumerate ways for why they should just let him do whatever but in the process of doing so, you unwittingly are listing reasons for why he doesn't fit in.

Have you ever played or watch baseball in your life?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get the idea of building a team that works up pitch counts to get into the pen earlier.

But I wouldn't call Castro out for trade until there is a log jam.

R.R. Said there is a log jam pending with Bonifacio's return at 2B as it is.

That tells me that they have no buyer yet on Barney. They want to show case Bonifacio more than win games in a pointless season.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Barney not someone a team saying we gotta have to help us, so dont see anyone really offering up anything worthwhile...
Probably get claimed if waived or signed if released though.

Bonifacio would be a bit more useful then barney because of versatility and speed but dont see a return then more tgen an A baller for him, so I don't think it would take more then 2-3 games just to show teams he recovered.

I can actually see them dumping barney and holding Bonifacio to be a veteran back up to Alcantara in CF and Baez at 2B

The only player in their system that a threat to castro now is Russell and he still a year (late 2015 ) or so ( 2016) away.

Baez will be playing either 2B or 3B for cubs, im leaning towards 2B...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Barney not someone a team saying we gotta have to help us, so dont see anyone really offering up anything worthwhile...
Probably get claimed if waived or signed if released though.

Bonifacio would be a bit more useful then barney because of versatility and speed but dont see a return then more tgen an A baller for him, so I don't think it would take more then 2-3 games just to show teams he recovered.

I can actually see them dumping barney and holding Bonifacio to be a veteran back up to Alcantara in CF and Baez at 2B

The only player in their system that a threat to castro now is Russell and he still a year (late 2015 ) or so ( 2016) away.

Baez will be playing either 2B or 3B for cubs, im leaning towards 2B...
At least two years away imo. He can't hit outside of A ball at this point