Q on Richards ...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Per Mark Lazerus on Twitter before the convention today ...

Joel Quenneville said Brad Richards will probably start the season between Brandon Saad and Patrick Kane.

So your top 6 is likely

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane

Bring on the Kings.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Per Mark Lazerus on Twitter before the convention today ...

So your top 6 is likely

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane

Bring on the Kings.

As long as the Hawks stay healthy, I think they win the Cup this upcoming season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As long as the Hawks stay healthy, I think they win the Cup this upcoming season.

I don't disagree. Richards can't be in a much better position, skating between Saad and Kane. If he's decent, that line will be a force. Plus that means the third and fourth line can get some more chemistry because they'll likely have more common groupings, which should improve their play as well.

Getting that 2C could make the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines that much better. Which they'll need to beat ANA or LA in the WCF.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Ok, i was thinking about the Hawks lines just the other day and came up with this scenario i bet Q throws out there one game;

Bick/JT/Hoss
Saad/ Richards/ Kane
Sharp/TT/Shaw
Steeg/Krugs/Smith

Ok, now THATS four scoring lines. That is fucking scary depending on which Steeger shows up. You realistically would have to break up a D pairing only because that projected second line is such a liability in their own end.

That is what a second line center does do this team. You all might witness something special yet again next year barring injury.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Richards isn't the same player that he was in Dallas when he was putting up 90 point campaigns, but he is in a great situation where he won't be the #1 center, and he can skate under the radar. Playing with Saad, Kane, Sharp, or Hossa also helps. He didn't have 1/4th the talent to play with in New York.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the Blues will be good again. West is a gauntlet, and will remain so. Don't forget the Sharks and Avs too. As much as we look cherry, and Tuevo could give us another weapon, and Sharp could be traded for something we need,

we are definitely ready for a historic rumble with the Kings if it happens.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And the Blues will be good again. West is a gauntlet, and will remain so. Don't forget the Sharks and Avs too. As much as we look cherry, and Tuevo could give us another weapon, and Sharp could be traded for something we need,

we are definitely ready for a historic rumble with the Kings if it happens.

Blues will be annoying but I'm far more concerned about the Avs, Sharks, Stars, and Kings than the Blues.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Richards is a Puke fan...time to trade him.

Finally, we can’t close without this: You are a fan of the Green Bay Packers.

I understand what that means in Chicago. I’ll have to work on that. I won’t be wearing green and gold around here. So, yes, I am aware.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
As long as we're throwing out lineups, I'll submit this one. It's probably unlikely but I think it would mean Morin would probably get 25 goals and make all 4 lines pretty damn good. (TT is in Rockford, for at least half the season)

Morin-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Shaw-Versteeg
Bickell-Kruger-Smith

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Richards is a Puke fan...time to trade him.

Finally, we can’t close without this: You are a fan of the Green Bay Packers.

I understand what that means in Chicago. I’ll have to work on that. I won’t be wearing green and gold around here. So, yes, I am aware.

Aw dammit. Now I have to hate him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As long as we're throwing out lineups, I'll submit this one. It's probably unlikely but I think it would mean Morin would probably get 25 goals and make all 4 lines pretty damn good. (TT is in Rockford, for at least half the season)

Morin-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Shaw-Versteeg
Bickell-Kruger-Smith

I don't think it'll happen this year but I do think Morin is the ultimate replacement for Sharp in the Top 6.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Richards producing on the ice is all I care about.

I could give two shits about him being a Packers fan.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't think it'll happen this year but I do think Morin is the ultimate replacement for Sharp in the Top 6.

If so, then he better improve his skating, defense, offense, and every single facet of his game. I've been a fan of Morin the prospect but it is completely unrealistic to think, at this point especially, that he is going to replace Sharp in any form in the future. If Morin does replace Sharp in the top 6, this team takes a big step back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If so, then he better improve his skating, defense, offense, and every single facet of his game. I've been a fan of Morin the prospect but it is completely unrealistic to think, at this point especially, that he is going to replace Sharp in any form in the future. If Morin does replace Sharp in the top 6, this team takes a big step back.
I don't think he's there yet either but I don't think the gap is that big.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Richards producing on the ice is all I care about.

I could give two shits about him being a Packers fan.

I know, was just bringing a little levity to you silly fuckers on this side of the board...apparently you're too serious to notice.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know, was just bringing a little levity to you silly fuckers on this side of the board...apparently you're too serious to notice.

2977.gif