Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LBJ is only signed for 2 years. What if Love signs a long-term deal and then LBJ bolts? Love is left holding the bag.
I doubt Lebron bolts Cleveland again. He's truly a jerk if he does. But, I believe Lebron only signed for 2 years so that he can reup with the expected higher salary cap numbers and get even more money. There's a post by BNB (I think) in another thread (possibly the free agency thread) that has a scenario where the salary cap basically doubles and Lebron is making 35+M from the start on a max extension. Not sure why he needs the player option after one year though...that is a little shady.

All that said, your point is valid. Love would be pretty screwed at that point. He could always demand a trade though I guess.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bron will never leave Cleveland again....he took a 2 year so he could benefit from the huge cap increase in 15/16 and get 30m+ a year

Bulls offered a very similar deal to Carmelo....one i think he will always regret not taking when he finds out hes not winning in NY

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bron will never leave Cleveland again....he took a 2 year so he could benefit from the huge cap increase in 15/16 and get 30m+ a year

Bulls offered a very similar deal to Carmelo....one i think he will always regret not taking when he finds out hes not winning in NY
Melo is an idiot. He could have money and rings here :smh:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not having seen him play any more than a 4-10 draft pick it's hard to say but I don't think I would have traded him after holding the investment this long. Mirotic has the upside of being more mature at 23 or so, married with a kid on the way and being paid and acting like a professional as opposed to being catered to and babied like so many college players are. The step up to the NBA and life as an adult won't be as dramatic even for someone coming from Europe. Mirotic also won't suffer from having a 'posse' of friends and hangers on leeching off him now that he's got money to spread around.

Excellent points. He is one of the few guys coming into the NBA this season(along with McBuckets) who have excellent range on their jump shots and also have good enough ball skills to take it to the hole and score. I know that there are some of you that think I am all negative about this team but I am not. I just do not like our balance right now. But it is not over. What do you think of our balance?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Excellent points. He is one of the few guys coming into the NBA this season(along with McBuckets) who have excellent range on their jump shots and also have good enough ball skills to take it to the hole and score. I know that there are some of you that think I am all negative about this team but I am not. I just do not like our balance right now. But it is not over. What do you think of our balance?

The only place we are thin, is at C. And even then, it isn't that bad. I like or balance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

While I'd say you are probably right, LJ hasn't actually proved to having loyalty to anyone with his actions. What if things go real badly in these two years? Who's to say he doesn't bolt again? Although, what's stopping Love from signing for just two years. Then he could bolt or hook up with the Bulls then or somebody else?

I agree about Melo. Why couldn't he sign for two years? He wouldn't give up that much money that way, and most likely make more in two years, when the cap goes up, which was the biggest issue, right? He could have even gone back to NY in two years when Phil puts together a team.

Imo, all signs pointed that Melo could WIN a ring or two and still have options, and still make money. All this just tells me that Melo is a big pussy and let Phil and Lala run his life....... like the LOSER he was destined to be!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The only place we are thin, is at C. And even then, it isn't that bad. I like or balance

We could just sign Nazr to a vet minimum, right? He wasn't all that bad in spot duty, imo. Besides, Pau, Noah, Taj, and Bairstow can always play C too. However, I'm hoping a big wants to go for a championship ride for a vet minimum down the way. I think if the right guy is there the Bulls could sign him.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Who's to say LeBron doesn't bolt after one year to go play with his buddy Melo, something he's wanted to do :shrug:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Who's to say LeBron doesn't bolt after one year to go play with his buddy Melo, something he's wanted to do :shrug:

Bron is not gonna leave the Cavs again trust me

he got some rings now hes trying to make things right with Cleveland and hopefully bring them a championship aswell

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

Pau can play C (he actually SHOULD be playing C) and even Taj can play spot minutes at center if need be

we have bodies on the wing however the quality of them is lacking.....Dunleavy is likely our starter and Butler wasn't very good on the offensive end last year...its a weak spot

alot is riding on McDermott being a big contributor, Butler improving offensively and Snell taking a huge step forward

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck Lebron. Fuck everything about him. His leaving of Cleveland was a farce. His leaving of Miami is a farce. His leaving of Cleveland for bum fuck wherever is a farce. Fuck Lebron.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Fuck Lebron. Fuck everything about him. His leaving of Cleveland was a farce. His leaving of Miami is a farce. His leaving of Cleveland for bum fuck wherever is a farce. Fuck Lebron.

tumblr_m6s0fu9fsJ1rpga6zo1_400.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Center? Re-think that one, please. We are good at point guard? We are anywhere decent at shooting guard? SF?

In the NBA, 7 or 8 players typically get 90+ percent of the minutes. Who are our top 7 or 8? The guys who should play 20+ minutes per game. I will give you the following who absolutely get 20+ minutes....... Rose, Noah, Gibson, and Gasol....... who is your next 3 or 4? Remember now, that we do need some guard play in there somehow. We have a guy, Butler who has pretty much played the entire game. Does that change? Are you going to play him at shooting guard exclusively because sre as hell there is a logjam at SF. Is he going to be the odd man out? With that mix, someone is going to get have to give up a lot of minutes and they still will not have a talent other than Rose at the guard position.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We could just sign Nazr to a vet minimum, right? He wasn't all that bad in spot duty, imo. Besides, Pau, Noah, Taj, and Bairstow can always play C too. However, I'm hoping a big wants to go for a championship ride for a vet minimum down the way. I think if the right guy is there the Bulls could sign him.

Come-on now. this is just to get me pissed off isn't it? Nazr? Come-on now. I'd rather sign Calvin Murphy.