Russell pounding

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Does this guy have Baez-like plus power? Or is this just kind of a lucky streak?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate comps the guy that gets mentioned with Russell all the time is Barry Larkin. The guy has the tools to be a better hitter than Baez with more command of the strike zone, but he doesn't have the plus-plus power.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He has a career MiLB BB% at 12.5%. Strong glove and arm. He IMO is the best SS on the Club looking at it in a 5 year window.

Castro's BB% has been around 5%. Recently he has picked it up some but he is still shy of a 8% that should be the low point we are looking at.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think Russell sees Baez, Bryant, and Soler waiting their chance in AAA and is just licking his chops and busting his Ass to join them so they can all move up together.

I mean seriously when was the last time a team called up 4 or 5 top 50 hitting prospects in the same season ?

I know we have to wait and see how they adjust to MLB pitching, but damn they are all solid legit players that have the very least AS potentials..
they can all be very easily be a Puig, Trout, Harper type players out of the system or yes they can all flop...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think Russell sees Baez, Bryant, and Soler waiting their chance in AAA and is just licking his chops and busting his Ass to join them so they can all move up together.

I mean seriously when was the last time a team called up 4 or 5 top 50 hitting prospects in the same season ?

I know we have to wait and see how they adjust to MLB pitching, but damn they are all solid legit players that have the very least AS potentials..
they can all be very easily be a Puig, Trout, Harper type players out of the system or yes they can all flop...
Thay narrowed it down. :clap:

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
Another Hr today (8)....Hitting .296 . Starting to warm up the avg. Can't wait to see him in ST next year.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars