Updated Long-Term Plan for the Chicago Bulls

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
it has nothing to do with Gordon and im not overly upset about it really

i knew we were gonna be forced to overpay again but i only expected it to be for one year

hopefully he can play the role he was brought in to play and he will be more efficient

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
i think you better keep an eye on the Knicks. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Knicks offer Noah a max offer sheet. I really think Noah and Melo hit it off and Melo returns the favor and ends up recruiting Noah to the Knicks.

Yeah, Noah strikes me as a guy who'll Love getting blown off by Melo. The Bulls will now play Melo like they have LJ the last 4 years. Physical and with revenge.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Difference is unlike the Bulls the Knicks are equipped to put money where their mouths are. Plus, Noah has strong ties to New York. Wouldn't be a stretch at all if the Bulls start crying poor.

Uh, did you READ the article, you know the one in the OP, the one that says the Bulls WILL be able to pay their players moving forward?? :nope:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'll be curious as to what happens with Noah at that point. He'll have some age and has the history of injuries but he could still get one last big pay day if he plays at the level he did last year to finish this contract. Hopefully we're able to keep him.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People really think Phil Jackson sees Noah as a max contract player? Not happening

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know when the new TV deal would kick in? The Bulls would be 22+ million over the cap if it ups to 85 million and that puts us in great shape going forward. So things don't really look as bleak as some people want to make them out to be.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone know when the new TV deal would kick in? The Bulls would be 22+ million over the cap if it ups to 85 million and that puts us in great shape going forward. So things don't really look as bleak as some people want to make them out to be.
2 years I believe.

Of course, higher salary cap = higher salaries across the board. I guess we'll see how much it actually helps us.

czman

Liked Posts:

A rising tide lifts all boats.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Bulls can still be in the middle of a title window when Noah hits FA. Sure he will be expensive but if they are competing for championships and there are no respectable replacements then they should sign him. Hopefully they can work out something like a 3 year extension in the next year or so

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls can still be in the middle of a title window when Noah hits FA. Sure he will be expensive but if they are competing for championships and there are no respectable replacements then they should sign him. Hopefully they can work out something like a 3 year extension in the next year or so
Honestly, I think Noah will stay here at a price that is pretty reasonable. This max contract idea would be quite silly considering he'd be on the decline at that point. Though I guess teams haven't necessarily been the most financially wise lately...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Noah is a guy that will decline fast....he doesn't have a game that will translate well with age

so hes not getting a max deal a 30-31

i think the Knicks would rather give max to Marc Gasol who is more skilled and is a FA next season

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Noah is a guy that will decline fast....he doesn't have a game that will translate well with age

so hes not getting a max deal a 30-31

i think the Knicks would rather give max to Marc Gasol who is more skilled and is a FA next season

We should go after Marc Gasol and cockblock the Knicks or anyone going after him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should go after Marc Gasol and cockblock the Knicks or anyone going after him.
He'll be well past his prime by then right? That's the only way we can get good players to come here

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

you changed your sig!!

im glad i dont have to see a guy in tight underwear nomore

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
No shit. What Bulls fan post a pic of LJ like that on a Bulls MB. There's something wrong with that, imo, no matter what you think about LJ.
They wouldn't dare do it on other Bulls message boards.

Stuff like that is why I've made an effort to help you & a few others raise the standards on this Bulls board. There are a lot of bright posters here, but they are drowned out by the silliness of a few others.