Teuvo stands out to Q at Prospect Camp

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4684253/teravainen-stands-out-to-quenneville

“Today you get to see him play in a game situation, you see his abilities jump out,” Quenneville said Friday. “I thought he had a special day today. Over the course of the week, you can see his skills. When you put a puck down and you’re playing for real, you see his vision, anticipation and how he’s creating with the puck, and his anticipation offensively is excellent.

“He’s only going to get better with both sides of the puck as he gets over here and familiar with our game. Certainly fun watching him play and envision him playing where he’s going to be at some point in his career at the top end of the game. That’s an exciting guy to watch.”

Might as well put Richards on the trade block. It's Teuvo Time for the next 20 years.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I enjoy hearing about TT and the skills he has but I worry about his size playing C.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
TT will play wing in the NHL especially in the West. The centers he would go up against would destroy him physically.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can add Andrew Shaw to the list of smaller dudes too.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
TT will play wing in the NHL especially in the West. The centers he would go up against would destroy him physically.

See, here's the thing about that.

Say that, in the future, Teuvo becomes the 2C. Knowing that Q loves his matchups, here's how a lot of games would go:

Toews' line would get the best checking line from the opponent. Whatever line Marcus Kruger centers would likely be the choice to face the opposing team's top scoring lines.

That means Teuvo's line wouldn't have to face the most talented opposing line, nor its best checking line. So he's going to have favorable matchups every time he steps on the ice. That's going to help a TON.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now Q sees it? I wonder if Tuevo could have scored or created or caused the mismatch we needed to get the the one goal we needed to win another cup. Had to keep the books straight and the future brighter, but perhaps we made a mistake not using Tuevo in the playoffs.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe reading too much into it. It's camp time; time to fluff some confidence and build hype.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q is pretty dense about breaking into the team. I think he intentionally disbelieved the hype during a season in which he was surely focused on other things. Tuevo got his 9 minutes a game to prove he was hot, and he wasn't quite ready. I think Q sees the light now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Q is pretty dense about breaking into the team. I think he intentionally disbelieved the hype during a season in which he was surely focused on other things. Tuevo got his 9 minutes a game to prove he was hot, and he wasn't quite ready. I think Q sees the light now.

Q doesn't talk hype in the season for any player. It's rare to see.

The only criticism he outwardly gave of Teuvo was that he was playing tentative and not looking to shoot. Which was true, but as far as awarness and playing back on D he has the hockey sense to be great.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q doesn't talk hype in the season for any player. It's rare to see.

The only criticism he outwardly gave of Teuvo was that he was playing tentative and not looking to shoot. Which was true, but as far as awarness and playing back on D he has the hockey sense to be great.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Which I thought was unfair.....the guy is breaking into a new team and you want him to shoot shoot shoot at 19? I feel that would have been socially ignorant of Tuevo. He was trying to create.