the haters' thread

diavolos

Liked Posts:
since the fanboys don't like us posting on their own precious threads, even going so far as keeping track of when/how-much we post, i've decided to start my own thread.

yeah, the haters' thread.

here's what i hate about the cubs, in no particular order:

the ricketts. why? they're content to be losers. but don't worry, sustained success is around the corner.

loser cubs fans. why? because their fandoms precludes any kind of rational thought on the subject of the cubs. they just want to believe so bad, when all evidence is contrary. you can talk about "sustained success" and "prospects" and farm system rankings all you want. the simple fact is that this team sucks, and is not going to get any better anytime soon. yet, they just gotta believe. and if anyone questions it, they're not "real fans" like they are. i used to get pissed off when sox friends of mine would say things like "you could turn all the seats around at wrigley and you'd still have a full house". i'm starting to think that it's all actually true.

loser statues and flags inside and outside of wrigley. because having a drunken buffoon is cool. and statues of guys that never won a world series is also cool. forget the jordan statue, we've got harry! forget the mick and lou, we've got ernie banks.

wrigley field. why? because it's a shit hole. and only cubs fans put up with shit holes. because it's wrigley! duh.

what do you hate about the cubs?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
loser statues and flags inside and outside of wrigley. because having a drunken buffoon is cool. and statues of guys that never won a world series is also cool. forget the jordan statue, we've got harry! forget the mick and lou, we've got ernie banks.
I hate Wrigley Field because it's a dump and yet people flock to it. It's the reason whoever the ownership group was, they never had to completely commit to putting a winner on the field. As for your comment about Ernie Banks, that's plain dumb. The guy is a HoFer. 512 HR. He deserves a statue whether he could have individually won a WS or not.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
how many baseball players that haven't won a world series are in monument park?

and before you say that it's not fair that i'm comparing the yankees to the cubs, i'll agree; it's not fair.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
you know what else isn't fair...

the chicago white sox, bane of cubs fans everywhere, has more wins over jerry reinsdorf's tenure as owner than the cubs have had in the same time frame. jerry fucking reinsdorf. cheap ass motherfucker, who also managed to get taxpayer funding for his new stadium, kept mark cuban from owning the cubs. and oh yeah, a world series.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

the chicago white sox, bane of cubs fans everywhere, has more wins over jerry reinsdorf's tenure as owner than the cubs have had in the same time frame. jerry fucking reinsdorf. cheap ass motherfucker, who also managed to get taxpayer funding for his new stadium, kept mark cuban from owning the cubs. and oh yeah, a world series.

Lol, I think most Cubs fans couldn't care much less about the White Sox...

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

How is Reinsdorf cheap? He just spent 13 million on an amnesty of Boozer. Overall he has eaten $80 million worth of contracts to improve his teams.

http://www.chicagonow.com/bullsville/2014/05/jerry-reinsdorf-is-cheap-the-facts-behind-the-myth/

Liked Posts:

Not the bane of cubs fans anywhere. Nice try with your chuck garfein little brother nonsense.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What are all the DBag Cubs bashers gonna do when the Cubs are winning, and the world goes crazy? The day is coming sooner then later. The signs are showing.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What are all the DBag Cubs bashers gonna do when the Cubs are winning, and the world goes crazy? The day is coming sooner then later. The signs are showing.
I'm not a basher, but where are these signs that the Cubs are going to win soon? And what's the definition of soon?

diavolos

Liked Posts:

There's that word again: "when". Who's the real d-bag? I'm sure next you'll break out the old "if". As in "if the prospects pan out then the Cubs will win the World Series".

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'm not a basher, but where are these signs that the Cubs are going to win soon? And what's the definition of soon?

Well, for me.....

Alcan coming up and looking good.
Rizzo looking for real.
More kids coming up through the ranks.
Wrigley renovations finally being approved.

The Cubs are stockpiling the best hitting/fielding prospects at a time that is shy in the MLB. They have a plan, and I don't see that plan being wrong yet. Simply watching and being entertained by better ball is a sign for me.

I'm getting the feeling that the Cubs will try to field a decent team next year, one year sooner then they said. What I won't do, is sit here and whine about their rebuild before they are done. That's ridiculous.

If the Cubs do field a great team in the next two years, what would all the complaining have been worth? Nothing, cuz the Cubs would have done EXACTLY what they said they were gonna do.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
There's that word again: "when". Who's the real d-bag? I'm sure next you'll break out the old "if". As in "if the prospects pan out then the Cubs will win the World Series".

And all your really doing is saying "if not", right? What butthurt facts can you post that the Cubs kids WILL NOT be great? As far as when? I expect after the 4 years they told me it would take, I'll be expecting a lot more. Until then, it's just speculation and whining.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
What butthurt facts can you post that the Cubs kids WILL NOT be great? As far as when? I expect after the 4 years they told me it would take, I'll be expecting a lot more. Until then, it's just speculation and whining.

you might call me a "whiner". but at least i'm not a fucking homophobe.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
you might call me a "whiner". but at least i'm not a fucking homophobe.

And I'm a homophobe why? Cuz I said butthurt? I didn't realize that word was specific to the gaaaay community. Sorry to touch on a sensitive subject for you. At least you have something to whine about. ;)