Urlacher not opposed to coming out of retirement.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
"I won't say 'heck no,' but there's a couple situations I would think about playing," he said. "But it would have to be a really good situation."-CSN Chicago.

To me, he's been switching his stances over the past year. Originally he was done forever- no way I'm coming back, then it was well eh I don't really care, now it's more of a good situation and he'd be down to play again.

Very interesting.. This time of year, too. Seems like he's almost willing to play if he's given the shot to be on a good time. What teams do you see him going on if the situation was good?

Cowboys

Bears(lol jk)

Patriots

Seahawks?

Idk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cowboys would be the only crazy team

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like he's decided that being able to walk the next 40 years isn't that important. He's going to the HOF and has a ton of money.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would only do himself a disservice. Stay on the sidelines and maintain your legacy Brian.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't blame him.

He never got a ring... Ever.

hmmm maybe Tampa with lovie? Although I never liked Lovie's D, I think Lach would go play for him again.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to have Urlacher back. The team that could use him the most right now is the Giants, other than us, of course.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You never liked lovie's d?
Nope. I get a lot of shit for it and that's totally understandable; but I never was totally comfortable with it. The weaknesses and bland vanilla scheme were overshadowed by extremely talented players who made it look better than it was. I think Urlacher could've been 2-3x better than he was if he was still with a scheme like Blaches which allowed to clog like figures such as Washington/Traylor combo to set up Urlachers speed to allow him to run free away and keep guards at bay with the DT's. Stats or not, his D gave up lots of yards and not neccesarily got 'lucky' with so many turnovers(which were great); but if the turnover battle wasn't wonl by his D, teams could just throw all over them. That's what I gathered. I just wish they kept a D more fitting for Urlachers talents, just my opinion though.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
No team is paying an old former star to play. In today's nfl it's better to be young and bad versus old and bad.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. I get a lot of shit for it and that's totally understandable; but I never was totally comfortable with it. The weaknesses and bland vanilla scheme were overshadowed by extremely talented players who made it look better than it was. I think Urlacher could've been 2-3x better than he was if he was still with a scheme like Blaches which allowed to clog like figures such as Washington/Traylor combo to set up Urlachers speed to allow him to run free away and keep guards at bay with the DT's. Stats or not, his D gave up lots of yards and not neccesarily got 'lucky' with so many turnovers(which were great); but if the turnover battle wasn't wonl by his D, teams could just throw all over them. That's what I gathered. I just wish they kept a D more fitting for Urlachers talents, just my opinion though.

Those turnovers were not by luck. That was the plan, and it worked. And the process of turning TOs into instant TDs were the plan as well, practiced every day of the week. Luck was not the formula.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Those turnovers were not by luck. That was the plan, and it worked. And the process of turning TOs into instant TDs were the plan as well, practiced every day of the week. Luck was not the formula.
Fair enough. Other teams should work on that, too. I never stated I hated all aspects of his D, but I never cared for it much. It was too easy to pass all over the scheme and find glaring holes. I'm more of a Blache type D but without his dumb idea of 'sacks are overrated'. Other than that, I liked his D a lot.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Good luck with that Brian, but I seriously doubt any team would have interest. He was ineffective in 2012, then no one except the Bears offered him a contract in 2013. And taking an entire year off isn't going to help him at his age.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
While I do believe Emery goofed in making a beter effort in signing Urlacher last year, who probably would've helped the team limp to 9 victories and a playoff birth instead of 8....

he is not coming back.

But I bet he could play 1 more year in a Lovie defense.

And yeah...it would have been a nice ending for Urlacher last year. I truly believe we would have made the playoffs last year with Urlacher. We probably would've won the Rams game or the Vikings game if Urlacher had been there. I'm convinced Emery was smitten for DJ Williams before he even made an offer to Urlacher.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While I do believe Emery goofed in making a beter effort in signing Urlacher last year, who probably would've helped the team limp to 9 victories and a playoff birth instead of 8....

he is not coming back.

But I bet he could play 1 more year in a Lovie defense.

And yeah...it would have been a nice ending for Urlacher last year. I truly believe we would have made the playoffs last year with Urlacher. We probably would've won the Rams game or the Vikings game if Urlacher had been there. I'm convinced Emery was smitten for DJ Williams before he even made an offer to Urlacher.

We would have been stillborn in the playoffs, Jeff