Stephen Hill may be available

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
Normally I don't post links to NFL.com content but I had a chuckle with this one.

www.nfl.com

Apparently Stephen Hill of the New York Jets isn't cutting it as a receiver for the Gang Green and might get cut. The same Stephen Hill that was anointed as the next Randy Moss by Bears fans and were pissed off when we had to settle for Alshon Jeffery.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, a bunch of people on here wanted him during that draft. Wouldn't they try and trade him though, instead of cutting him?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hill was such a JA pick. Fast motherfucker that can't run routes or catch.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember only a handful of people that were hoping the Bears would draft him over Jeffery. It was that Fireront douche that went all "Firing a rifle in the air while balls deep in a squeeling hog" for him as if he'd turn into the next Calvin Johnson.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, a bunch of people on here wanted him during that draft. Wouldn't they try and trade him though, instead of cutting him?

You would think that they would try to trade him for a ham sandwich. But if he is a pain in the ass and he is still working on a rookie deal, they may not care.

Pass on him unless he plays for minimum. And if he isn't a jerk and I have no idea if he is or isn't.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Normally I don't post links to NFL.com content but I had a chuckle with this one.

www.nfl.com

Apparently Stephen Hill of the New York Jets isn't cutting it as a receiver for the Gang Green and might get cut. The same Stephen Hill that was anointed as the next Randy Moss by Bears fans and were pissed off when we had to settle for Alshon Jeffery.
I guess you don't understand that the Randy Moss exaggeration makes you look worse than the thinking he was a 1st round pick. I generally don't like 1st round WR choices unless they seem like sure things but he had the kind of potential GMs do reach for. I don't remember anyone calling him Randy Moss.

I wonder who in this last draft had little film and lots of potential? It's a draft. Sometimes it works out and most times it doesn't once outside of the 1st round.

We don't need him and I expect Wilson to take the next step so I don't really care but if Trestman wanted a look, I wouldn't mind. The potential is still there and unlike a 2nd round pick, the value may be as well. This group could be a great influence on him.

I know, it's a message board and a guy needs to be either a bum or a hero but really, most players fall somewhere in between.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I remember only a handful of people that were hoping the Bears would draft him over Jeffery. It was that Fireront douche that went all "Firing a rifle in the air while balls deep in a squeeling hog" for him as if he'd turn into the next Calvin Johnson.

somebody has been playing "cards against humanity".

I guess if he is fast and all, then bring him in for a look see. He may be good special teams potential or a returner if he has speed to burn.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've more than once wondered where AJ would be on his development curve without Brandon Marshall.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'll man up and admit I wanted him. I loved his deep speed and thought him coming from a running offense would make him a decent blocker. Seduced by speed yet again...

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be a man and admit I wanted him. I loved his deep speed and thought him coming from a running offense would make him a decent blocker. Seduced by speed yet again...

lol, that's mighty big of you. You never know, he could still turn it around. It's hard to develop a WR while having complete shit at the QB position.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't want to make that 'excuse'. Team made Santonio Holmes look mediocre as well.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was big on michael floyd

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Floyd is turning out OK. I didn't see much overall value difference between Floyd, Hill, Blackmon and Jeffery other than Blackmon being the most ready and Hill the least. WRs are just tough to project and why I wanted to go another way in one. Crossing my fingers on Shea.

Liked Posts:
Nobody wanted Stephen Hill..

Yeah that's what I had thought. I remember there being a couple of posters that stubbornly went on & on about Hill being the next great thing & that was about it. I thought a lot of us posters were very happy with the Jeffery pick when it happened. Hell I thought he was steal in the second round, I actually jumped out of my seat I was so happy with that pick, especially after being so disappointed with the first pick. Jeffery was the top rated WR in many eyes heading into the 2011/12 collegiate season. It wasn't until after he went through a season with a bad QB who could not throw the ball, & was accused of getting fat that his draft stock dropped.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I do think it's funny, but you got to think that Al Davis' dead body just got a boner thinking of Hill in a Raiders uni.

If you are a height/weight/speed type evaluator you would have loved the guy. Like all evaluation methods they have their successes and failures.