Cubs bring back the 70's jerseys

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Think about it man, just what did you say that was based on fact, or was intelligent at all? Nothing, you are full of hot air. You have no fuckin idea how good the Cubs will be. One thing's for sure though, you're gonna bitch the whole time. :smh:

you also have no fucking idea how good or bad the cubs are going to be. you're all bluster because you know the only thing you've got is the supposed promise to "compete". that's it, you don't have jack fucking shit. you've got a bunch of guys in the minors who may or may not work out. no one has any idea how the prospects are going to work out when they come up. no one. not baseball prospectus, baseball america, keith law, whoever the fuck you want to quote that's feeding you the bullshit that the cubs are on the right path. and you've got a major league team with a crappy payroll and a stadium that's falling apart.

for all the hype around the last round of big prospects the cubs had when they supposedly rebuilt last time, where the fuck are kerry wood, mark prior, corey patterson now? and did any of them really do shit their entire careers? remember brooks kieschnick? or felix pie? or are like 8 fucking years old?

diavolos

Liked Posts:
i'm looking at baseball america's top ten prospects in 2003. remember juan cruz and sean burroughs? :) how about hank blalock? remember him? how about wilson betemit. add in mark prior and you've got 5 of the top 10 baseball america prospects in 2003 didn't amount to jack fucking shit.

currently, kris bryant #2, addison russel #5, javier baez #7. just sayin'.

what do you have to retort to that? or do you have some baseball prospectus rankings you want to throw out about how stocked the cubs farm system is?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm looking at baseball america's top ten prospects in 2003. remember juan cruz and sean burroughs? :) how about hank blalock? remember him? how about wilson betemit. add in mark prior and you've got 5 of the top 10 baseball america prospects in 2003 didn't amount to jack fucking shit.

currently, kris bryant #2, addison russel #5, javier baez #7. just sayin'.

what do you have to retort to that? or do you have some baseball prospectus rankings you want to throw out about how stocked the cubs farm system is?

Jorge Soler, Kyle Schwarber, Alber Almora, Alcantara. All around top 50 prospects. Add in McKinley and Edwards who wil probably crach top 100 and a couple others right outside. The Cubs wont have a problem finding bats. The Cubs arent banking on those 3. The Cubs are banking on their farm as a whole to produce major league hitters. Major league power hitters at that. If you cant see that, then thats your problem.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
If you cant see that, then thats your problem.

remember how in 2012 the royals had the best farm system in baseball? remember that? how's that working out for them now?

remember how in what, 2003 or 2004 how the indians had the best farm system in baseball? they actually did bring up a lot of guys. how did sustained success work out for them? what, one good year? and another .500 year.

or remember when the pirates were ranked with the best farm system in baseball?

who again has the problem? me, or you?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
remember how in 2012 the royals had the best farm system in baseball? remember that? how's that working out for them now?

remember how in what, 2003 or 2004 how the indians had the best farm system in baseball? they actually did bring up a lot of guys. how did sustained success work out for them? what, one good year? and another .500 year.

Here's a fun little article by Dabs

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-insider/2014/07/how-good-is-the-cubs-farm-system-right-now/

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
you also have no fucking idea how good or bad the cubs are going to be. you're all bluster because you know the only thing you've got is the supposed promise to "compete". that's it, you don't have jack fucking shit. you've got a bunch of guys in the minors who may or may not work out. no one has any idea how the prospects are going to work out when they come up. no one. not baseball prospectus, baseball america, keith law, whoever the fuck you want to quote that's feeding you the bullshit that the cubs are on the right path. and you've got a major league team with a crappy payroll and a stadium that's falling apart.

for all the hype around the last round of big prospects the cubs had when they supposedly rebuilt last time, where the fuck are kerry wood, mark prior, corey patterson now? and did any of them really do shit their entire careers? remember brooks kieschnick? or felix pie? or are like 8 fucking years old?

Yeah, but I'm not the one sitting here bitching, though, am I? I'm willing to let them complete their job before I judge them. Are the Cubs supposed to please you? LOL!!! You keep bitching about players from other regimes.

It's a new day pal, and the Cubs are doing things differently. They have a plan. A Business plan as well. They are NOT here to make you happy.

All we can go on is what we've seen. Let's start with Mendy. Does he suck so far to you? I think not. How about Hendricks? You know, the pitcher that pitched 7 scoreless innings for a win yesterday in his 2nd start. It seems he is being compared to Greg Maddux by Many, including Suttcliff, who might know a little bit?

What about Rizzo, he's a young guy that Theo brought in. Now he's leading the NL in HR's. Did you hear about Solor and Baez being promoted yesterday? The rumor is we'll see these guys when the roster expands in Sept..

Imagine how stupid you're gonna look if the Cubs assemble a great team? I can't wait!

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So because some Cubs prospects didn't work out, all of them won't? Hmm... I learn something new every day!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who has had the best farm systems for years? Rays, Pirates, Cardinals, Giants. How did that work out? You have no idea what you are talking about. Your just a fuck face troll. Call a spade a spade.

diavolos

Liked Posts:
Who has had the best farm systems for years? Rays, Pirates, Cardinals, Giants. How did that work out? You have no idea what you are talking about. Your just a fuck face troll. Call a spade a spade.

trolling with the motherfucking truth motherfucker. how many seasons since when fucking ever did the cardinals purposefully tank a season to get a better prospects? how about the giants. name me one motherfucking season the giants fucking tanked purposefully. the franchise with the most wins of any team in the history of fucking major league baseball.

the cubs have tanked the last three, and next year too. this is your example of building a championship?

you're comparing proven championship teams and franchises to the cubs? what the fuck? i might be a fuck face troll, but at least i'm not an idiot.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
trolling with the motherfucking truth motherfucker. how many seasons since when fucking ever did the cardinals purposefully tank a season to get a better prospects? how about the giants. name me one motherfucking season the giants fucking tanked purposefully. the franchise with the most wins of any team in the history of fucking major league baseball.

the cubs have tanked the last three, and next year too. this is your example of building a championship?

you're comparing proven championship teams and franchises to the cubs? what the fuck? i might be a fuck face troll, but at least i'm not an idiot.

So we should have spent 200 million on the last 4 seasons to still be mediocre?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who has had the best farm systems for years? Pirates, How did that work out? You have no idea what you are talking about. Your just a fuck face troll. Call a spade a spade.

LOL

Yeah 1 playoff appearance in 20 years worked out great. Onto to 2032 for a first round loss.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

When did any team do it under the new CBA which basically handcuffs how you draft now? Do you even know what the new CBA entails? Do you know how it stops teams like Cardinals, Theos Red Sox, and other teams from doing what they use to do. Do you know that everyone of those teams built a core before a championship? Guess where the core of those teams came from? Do you know how many championships they won with that core? Do you know that drafting in the top 10 greatly increases your odds of drafting a major league player? Do you even know what odds are? Theo and them got handcuffed money wise by Ricketts and got handcuffed with the new CBA. They still have built the best Cubs farm in 30 plus years. Also, guess what, by May next season 3 of the 4 will be up. Almora and Russell, and Schwarber will be waiting in the wings. You have some legitimate beef, but most of what you are saying is jerk off talk for I want to troll.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL

Yeah 1 playoff appearance in 20 years worked out great. Onto to 2032 for a first round loss.

Pirates have a bunch of awesome players coming up. Polanco and McCutchen alone are exciting. You also do know they are 2.5 out of the division lead this year?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pirates have a bunch of awesome players coming up. Polanco and McCutchen alone are exciting. You also do know they are 2.5 out of the division lead this year?

That 20 years of not making the playoffs was great, so MAYBE they could make the playoffs two years in a row.

Look I'm in "support" of this plan, but at the end of the day I won't celebrate results until they actually happen and matter.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That 20 years of not making the playoffs was great, so MAYBE they could make the playoffs two years in a row.

Look I'm in "support" of this plan, but at the end of the day I won't celebrate results until they actually happen and matter.

Really? You haven't been very clear about that.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really? You haven't been very clear about that.

Sorry.

:fap: Theo. :fap: prospects: :fap: best in all off baseball :fap: 27 Yankees, 04 Red Sox here we come.

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Clear?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who is celebrating results? People are saying they failed before they have even came up. lol

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Who is celebrating results? People are saying they failed before they have even came up. lol

Silence, what people are failing to understand is that the Cubs have had Rizzo, Castro, Shark, Russell, and Marshall come out of the farm and contribute to this team. Doesn't speak volumes to me other than just how pathetic the farm actually was. And since they had absolutely no one in the farm to advance other than the aforementioned players, it is expected that the Cubs should be able to advance their current minor league players like the Cardinals did with Wong and Wacha, the Angels with Trout, or the Dodgers with Puig. Doesn't work that way. Doesn't happen overnight.

Those are the exceptions and not the rule, so you generally cannot bring players up that fast. The Cubs have a pretty good amount of players to toss up to the big league team next year, and players to follow. It is getting close, and this off-season ought to be very interesting knowing they have little to no payroll on the books, and players that are coming up, will be getting paid the league minimum.

The Cubs are in really good shape as far as flexibility, and we will soon see just how good this plan is going to shake out. If Rizzo and Castro can be everyday players and pretty decent ones at that, I sure as hell like the chances of a couple more from AAA doing the same thing. Take your pick, because they all have above average power for their respective positions.

Let a few of the kids come up, and the front office make an actual move or two first via free agency before we completely cast them to the wolves.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kerry Wood ad Mark Prior were All-Stars so I am not sure what your point is besides the fact that pitchers break easy. Corey Patterson and Juan Cruz are the only other two top 10 prospects that Cubs have ever had. Cruz and Patterson never reached their ceiling that those rankings predicted but Cruz pitched in the big leagues for 12 years and 655 IP with an above average ERA for his career. Patterson also had a 12 year career with 4500 PAs. So yeah they weren't the superstars, but they were still big leaguers.

So if the Cubs can just duplicate the success rate they had which is half of their current top 10s developing into All Stars then this is likely to work out well.