For homestand celebrating the 1970's...

https://twitter.com/PhilHecken/status/491585949634015232/photo/1

BtJ20NOCEAEi2Bf.jpg:large

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
As a hater im really torn

I like the ideas they are doing

At the same time its outright pathetic and borderline criminal to the fan base that this is all they have to show for 100 years

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

At the same time its outright pathetic and borderline criminal to the fan base that this is all they have to show for 100 years

I like the 70's uniforms. They are my favorite so far.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:elephant:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not only have they brought back the uniforms, but they've brought back 1974's W-L record, if they are even lucky enough to do that. :D

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I hate stirrups. I've always hated them and never really saw the point. As for the jersey's, they are ok i guess.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Not only have they brought back the uniforms, but they've brought back 1974's W-L record, if they are even lucky enough to do that. :D

True, but tics were only 5 bucks...and we didn't really care if they won or lost back then.

A trend that continues to this day. The Cubs are the only organization I have ever seen tell their fan base they are going to suck for a few years...and not suffer a massive drop-off in tic sales.

As far as I can tell, they are the only team in professional sports that can get away with stuff like this.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
True, but tics were only 5 bucks...and we didn't really care if they won or lost back then.

A trend that continues to this day. The Cubs are the only organization I have ever seen tell their fan base they are going to suck for a few years...and not suffer a massive drop-off in tic sales.

As far as I can tell, they are the only team in professional sports that can get away with stuff like this.

Yeah, but imagine what it's gonna be like when they do win.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should try & bring back a major league quality team on the field.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

Agreed. However it will be so much more exciting if they win it all within my lifetime. Me personally, as someone who is 21 and can only remember about 14-15 years of this rough history get to experience 108+ years of pent up celebrations. When/if the Cubs finally win being a Cubs fan just won't be the same anymore. Goes without saying there isn't anything I want to see in sports more than a Cubs WS

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Agreed. However it will be so much more exciting if they win it all within my lifetime. Me personally, as someone who is 21 and can only remember about 14-15 years of this rough history get to experience 108+ years of pent up celebrations. When/if the Cubs finally win being a Cubs fan just won't be the same anymore. Goes without saying there isn't anything I want to see in sports more than a Cubs WS
:clap:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

It won't be the same cuz Sox fans won't have their tired old shit to say anymore.