Bulls Love Push Part II

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Guys,
First, forgive me for not reading the entire thread, because what i am gonna throw out here might have already been discussed..

But what i would like to know is this...
What effect could Wiggins have in Clevelands offer for Love considering the fact that is is currently unsigned?

What are his options?
I mean, if im Wiggins, and i hear that 30 days after i sign with Cleveland that i could be dealt to Minn, ...that might make me want to explore my options, and possibly throw a wrench in this whole deal.

What do you guys think his options are in this situation?
He has no leverage if he doesnt want to to go Minny because hes under contract for what, 4 years? Not like hes on the last year of his deal and can threaten to not resign with whatever team is giving up assets for him. Wiggins was happy to get drafted by Cleveland before they got LeBron so im not sure he's the type to get upset about where he ends up. Im sure hes just happy to be #1 and get that extra money. I could be wrong.

I really dont think he has any options as an unknown rookie under contract.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think Ginny didn't hear that Wiggins just signed. Now that he's signed, it'll be another month of rumors probably. It likely could bite Minny in the ass if all these players start playing well.

ginny

Liked Posts:
I think Ginny didn't hear that Wiggins just signed. Now that he's signed, it'll be another month of rumors probably. It likely could bite Minny in the ass if all these players start playing well.

Thanks BP, and no I didn't know he signed.
Guess my question is moot now...

Was just wanting to know if being rumored to being traded to Minny would piss him off and make him want to explore his options (if he had any options to explore that is).

As far as the Bulls being players in acquiring Love goes, I am on the fence.
I've heard good arguments both ways and suppose I would be happy either way.
Bit given a preference, I would be reluctant to trade Mirotic because I just have a gut feeling he is going to be special.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks BP, and no I didn't know he signed.
Guess my question is moot now...

Was just wanting to know if being rumored to being traded to Minny would piss him off and make him want to explore his options (if he had any options to explore that is).

As far as the Bulls being players in acquiring Love goes, I am on the fence.
I've heard good arguments both ways and suppose I would be happy either way.
Bit given a preference, I would be reluctant to trade Mirotic because I just have a gut feeling he is going to be special.

I echo that and would be very, very surprised to see them trade Mirotic right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is a rumor that there will be a third team involved in the trade discussion between the Bulls and TWolves. That team is the 76ers. It goes that Kevan Martin will go to the 76ers and the Twolves will get back 2 or 3 of their draft picks. The Bulls would get Love and give up Gibson, and Butler along with a draft pick. The 76ers would get a good player that has, I believe an expiring contract, the Bulls get Love, and the Twolves, get two starters and a draft pick. They do not move Mirotic, McBuckets, nor Gasol. I think that the trade is pretty workable.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There is a rumor that there will be a third team involved in the trade discussion between the Bulls and TWolves. That team is the 76ers. It goes that Kevan Martin will go to the 76ers and the Twolves will get back 2 or 3 of their draft picks. The Bulls would get Love and give up Gibson, and Butler along with a draft pick. The 76ers would get a good player that has, I believe an expiring contract, the Bulls get Love, and the Twolves, get two starters and a draft pick. They do not move Mirotic, McBuckets, nor Gasol. I think that the trade is pretty workable.

Wow.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I echo that and would be very, very surprised to see them trade Mirotic right now.

Supposedly, the Bulls assured Niko that he would NOT be traded if he bought out his contract from Real Madrid.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I'm hoping your source isn't your grammar teacher!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Sixers give up 2 or 3 of thier picks for Kevin Martin?

yeah ok

thats not even halfway believable

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Supposedly, the Bulls assured Niko that he would NOT be traded if he bought out his contract from Real Madrid.

That's what I think happened also. Like him or not, Reinsdorf is a guy who keeps his word and I do not think he would trade Mirotic if they told him that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has no leverage if he doesnt want to to go Minny because hes under contract for what, 4 years? Not like hes on the last year of his deal and can threaten to not resign with whatever team is giving up assets for him. Wiggins was happy to get drafted by Cleveland before they got LeBron so im not sure he's the type to get upset about where he ends up. Im sure hes just happy to be #1 and get that extra money. I could be wrong.

I really dont think he has any options as an unknown rookie under contract.

Wiggins is Canadian.

He will do what he is suppose to do and will not complain. He will probably apologize to the Cavs for not being enough on his own in the trade.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Fuckin Canadians ... probably think you're French....

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Wiggins is Canadian.

He will do what he is suppose to do and will not complain. He will probably apologize to the Cavs for not being enough on his own in the trade.

Cuz he's too afraid to battle? :shrug:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Well, Cleveland is on record of doing the same for Wiggins.

Mirotic is not in any position to demand anything. He only came this season because he fell out of favor with his coach overseas.