Bulls Love Push Part II

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If you're Minnesota, and you're already a joke of a franchise. Taking a hard stance would do them some good because they're not getting anything out of the deal because no one stays in Minnesota.
Doesn't sound like a smart plan.

Draft multiple lottery picks & simply allow them to walk at the end of their contracts without receiving any assets in return.

Liked Posts:
No one finds it strange that all of a sudden these guys are brought to the rumor? Neither Niko or Dougie can be traded until 30 days after signing. This just could be the Bulls do their best job to cockblock the Cavs. They may, or may not, have intentions of going for this trade, imo.

If you think about it, it could be a brilliant move by GarPax. Suppose they fake their interest, and that gets the Cavs to throw in Wiggins.

Where to begin? Yes, several others find it strange they are being brought in. Many, if not most, find it bogus for the names mentioned. But it's more likely this is being leaked by Minnesota to create leverage. It's doubtful the Bulls are making these offers.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
See my stance is coming from a football/NFL standpoint where teams can actually get away with that tactic and players usually cave in and end up playing when they realize that life goes on without them. And some outright retire for being greedy or self obsessed dumbasses like Ricky Waters. I hate the fact the NBA is such a
"players league" and how demanding trades is modus opperende to get your way. Wiggins is going to leave when his rookie deal is up. Minnesota is never going to build a championship team. They're just renting players and will always cycle from bad to worse post KG.

This is what irritates me with Minny allowing the Cavs to build another super team. Not only are they Losers, but their gonna fuck the rest of the league as well. That's like a double Loser to me!!!

To me, the NBA is getting pushed around a little, I agree. I see certain players getting away with a lot. I see the same teams in the finals every year. I see teams tanking for draft picks regularly.

It seems that a team that drafts well and tries to keep it's own players, and actually tries to win, gets fucked. The NFL has done a great job with the parity thing. The NBA needs some work in that area.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
It seems that a team that drafts well and tries to keep it's own players, and actually tries to win, gets fucked. The NFL has done a great job with the parity thing. The NBA needs some work in that area.
This would be a great time for the league to put their foot down.

Without Kevin Love in Cleveland, the East is wide open for the first time in years.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The more this situation drags out, the more apparent the whole trade is becoming a tasty PR ploy to take heat off LeBron (no pun intended). Look at the facts:

**It took LeBron almost over a week to meet face-to-face with Pat Riley. His agent fielded offers and pitches from a variety of teams and never once did the media try to fabricate a "favorite" in the LeBron sweepstakes.

**There was zero fanfare to LeBron's announcement. Nobody hyped up a date to when he would make a concrete decision then boom: he posted a Twitter link to a Sports Illustrated article. People can point to a "maturation" for LeBron, and I'm sure there is a bit of credibility to that angle, but LeBron understands how big a hit his brand took in 2010 and wanted to avoid having to work to reestablish it.

**During Game 5 of the Finals, you could sense a dramatic change in LeBron's body language. He understood that Wade needed to make a shift to a Manu-type role and even though the Heat reduced his playing time and didn't play him in back-to-backs, it still seemed like he needed a push into that role. With Wade's ego, that doesn't seem possible. His pride gets in the way. And I also think LeBron always knew Bosh could command a max offer and figured a team like Houston or Dallas would offer that. And it didn't seem possible for the Heat to actually improve unless he and Wade took less money.

**As soon as the idea was floated out that the Cavs could be a prime candidate for a Love trade due to their assets and (at the time) cap space, Love magically made it public that he would be "intrigued" to play in Cleveland. Coincidence?

**LeBron conveniently left out Wiggins and Bennett of his letter. And guess what two pieces have been the main cogs in all the Love-to-Cleveland gossip? Again, coincidence? You don't think LeBron made it abundantly clear to Dan Gilbert that he wasn't going anywhere unless he could guarantee another elite guy to slide in next to him and Irving? Hmmm...

**The Cavs have dragged out signing Wiggins, and now that the idea has been floated out that Wiggins would sign "this week", but Bulls are suddenly interested in revamping Love talks. Not only that, but several other teams are being thrown in as potential third-wheels in a deal in order for Minnesota to dump more salary and take on more assets.

**Why on Earth would two of three suggested pieces in a Love-to-Chicago trade (Mirotic, McDermott) make sense now whenever they can't be dealt for 30 days? Wouldn't this suggest that if Minnesota was even considering it, they also consider to wait it out and try and deal Love closer to the deadline in hopes that a team gets desperate/gets a huge injury/a surprise team wants to make a push?

Just too many things seem to be falling perfectly in place.... Not buying any of this Love-to-Chicago shit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
This would be a great time for the league to put their foot down.

Without Kevin Love in Cleveland, the East is wide open for the first time in years.

they wont veto a Love to Cleveland deal and dont actually think its possible they can

the only reason the cp3 trade got axed was because the NBA owned the Hornets at the time

funny enough it was Dan Gilbert who complained about it and got it vetoed

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
they wont veto a Love to Cleveland deal and dont actually think its possible they can

the only reason the cp3 trade got axed was because the NBA owned the Hornets at the time

funny enough it was Dan Gilbert who complained about it and got it vetoed
It doesn't have to be a public cockblock. It can be done privately with the T-Wolves making "their own decision" to trade him to GS.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
The more this situation drags out, the more apparent the whole trade is becoming a tasty PR ploy to take heat off LeBron (no pun intended). Look at the facts:

**It took LeBron almost over a week to meet face-to-face with Pat Riley. His agent fielded offers and pitches from a variety of teams and never once did the media try to fabricate a "favorite" in the LeBron sweepstakes.

**There was zero fanfare to LeBron's announcement. Nobody hyped up a date to when he would make a concrete decision then boom: he posted a Twitter link to a Sports Illustrated article. People can point to a "maturation" for LeBron, and I'm sure there is a bit of credibility to that angle, but LeBron understands how big a hit his brand took in 2010 and wanted to avoid having to work to reestablish it.

**During Game 5 of the Finals, you could sense a dramatic change in LeBron's body language. He understood that Wade needed to make a shift to a Manu-type role and even though the Heat reduced his playing time and didn't play him in back-to-backs, it still seemed like he needed a push into that role. With Wade's ego, that doesn't seem possible. His pride gets in the way. And I also think LeBron always knew Bosh could command a max offer and figured a team like Houston or Dallas would offer that. And it didn't seem possible for the Heat to actually improve unless he and Wade took less money.

**As soon as the idea was floated out that the Cavs could be a prime candidate for a Love trade due to their assets and (at the time) cap space, Love magically made it public that he would be "intrigued" to play in Cleveland. Coincidence?

**LeBron conveniently left out Wiggins and Bennett of his letter. And guess what two pieces have been the main cogs in all the Love-to-Cleveland gossip? Again, coincidence? You don't think LeBron made it abundantly clear to Dan Gilbert that he wasn't going anywhere unless he could guarantee another elite guy to slide in next to him and Irving? Hmmm...

**The Cavs have dragged out signing Wiggins, and now that the idea has been floated out that Wiggins would sign "this week", but Bulls are suddenly interested in revamping Love talks. Not only that, but several other teams are being thrown in as potential third-wheels in a deal in order for Minnesota to dump more salary and take on more assets.

**Why on Earth would two of three suggested pieces in a Love-to-Chicago trade (Mirotic, McDermott) make sense now whenever they can't be dealt for 30 days? Wouldn't this suggest that if Minnesota was even considering it, they also consider to wait it out and try and deal Love closer to the deadline in hopes that a team gets desperate/gets a huge injury/a surprise team wants to make a push?

Just too many things seem to be falling perfectly in place.... Not buying any of this Love-to-Chicago shit.
Kevin Love never said anything about being intrigued.

That came from an ESPN source.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This is probably the most accurate conclusion to come to for all this

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Did you lift this conspiracy theory from Bill Simmons?

I was in the car listening to ''The Herd" a little while ago. He recited a theory from Simmons. It was basically word for word what you posted.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I was in the car listening to ''The Herd" a little while ago. He recited a theory from Simmons. It was basically word for word what you posted.

No, I've been posting about this since the day LeBron made his announcement. When I read the letter, the first thing I thought was, "Huh, he didn't mention Wiggins or Bennett. Must be priming for a trade."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

There wasn't much heat on LBJ to begin with though. He was getting more praise than anything.

They actually did have a favorite.... The Heat. The media kept repeating that LBJ was most likely going to return to the Heat and that he's just waiting for Riley to put a team together. It wasn't until about 3-4 days prior to LBJ announcing that he was going to the Cavs that some people started saying that the Cavs could be in the mix.

I feel like there was quite a bit of fanfare. 2 days before the article came out he was expected to announce what he's doing. Then he was expected to announce in a day before, after 3 P.M. Then later than night as fans were flooding the streets of his hometown. And for a few days before he announced it, it kept being repeated that he'd announce it before he leaves for Brazil.

I think this is a bit of a reach. This is kind of going back to the "LBJ looked like he quit on the cavs. Just look at his body language against Boston." I simply think it was the look of defeat. He knew they weren't good enough to beat the Spurs.

All of that probably went through his head after the finals as he was trying to make his decision.

It was reported that Love was intrigued by the Cavs after they got LBJ. Not before.

The Cavs told LBJ they'd try working on a trade for Love if he agreed to come back. They probably told him the pieces involved would include Wiggins and Bennett.

The last two things make me believe MIN isn't serious about trading him here. The Cavs may have said they're going to sign Wiggins this week to speed Minny up. Because if they don't accept what CLE offers now, then they'll have to wait at least 30 days, and CLE may not be interested anymore. And MIN probably caught their bluff and said, "Oh, we're interested in the Bulls offer despite them having two guys we can't get for 30 days.... What makes you think we can't wait for your offer? Give up more pieces or say goodbye to Love."

Everything else before that is either irrelevant to this situation, or not really true. Before LBJ went back to the Cavs, there was no talk of Love going to CLE [unless it involved going there with LBJ]. It seemed he was on the brink of being traded to the Warriors, but they wouldn't give up Thompson. Those talks cooled and the Bulls and Celtics were involved. Then LBJ said he's coming home, and everything changed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you're Minnesota, and you're already a joke of a franchise. Taking a hard stance would do them some good because they're not getting anything out of the deal because no one stays in Minnesota.

Thing is, though, players might want to stay if team was better. The Twin Cities could support the TWolves if the management of the club was good. THere isn't any reason that they couldn't be a Portland, a Cleveland, or another smaller city franchise. It comes down to bad management where pretty much every failure happens.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one finds it strange that all of a sudden these guys are brought to the rumor? Neither Niko or Dougie can be traded until 30 days after signing. This just could be the Bulls do their best job to cockblock the Cavs. They may, or may not, have intentions of going for this trade, imo.

If you think about it, it could be a brilliant move by GarPax. Suppose they fake their interest, and that gets the Cavs to throw in Wiggins. :dunno:

I do not believe that this is all of a sudden or a conspiracy on anyone's part. It is obvious to me that both the Bulls and Love were interested in each other. I also think that the Bulls wanted to bring Melo in because it wouldn't cost them any of their corps players. It made sense. But before that went down, Love had expressed interest in Chicago so I have to believe that this was simmering and when the Cavs balked at trading Wiggins, the Bulls jumped in full barrel. Once again, this is another high stakes poker game.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
At this point I think this latest 'offer' is coming from Minn because they don't see anybody offering what they were before. They struck out prior to the draft with GS and the Bulls because they thought they would bid each other up. But GS wouldn't include Thompson, Minn didn't want Boozer and the Bulls found a way to trade up and only have one guaranteed 1st round contract, as well as filling a need so they didn't have the same assets to trade. After the draft and Lebron Cleveland enters the picture but they may have either had second thoughts about trading 2 #1 picks plus more to get Love or there's the talk about them trying to get some non guaranteed contracts to make things match and maybe they don't want to overpay for them.

So now Minn decides to call GS and Chicago back and retry those offers. If GS still said no to Thompson the Bulls now have signed Gasol, amnestied Boozer as well as renounced those non guaranteed contracts. So they don't have the same assets to include that they did before. So this new deal could be Minn asking for McDermott as he is the equal of the 2 1st round picks they offered before and now they ask for Mirotic as the Bulls have more players at the 4 than the 2 when Butler was in the offer.

I say wait, and maybe beyond the 30 days, to see if Minn comes down further on what they'll take. They already have a limited number of teams to deal with, once the season starts if those three get off to a strong start they'll think they don't need to trade. If Love even hints that he'll sit out, Minn will take way less than was talked about prior to the draft.

Liked Posts:

Do you really need Simmons to notice a glaring omission?

ginny

Liked Posts:
Guys,
First, forgive me for not reading the entire thread, because what i am gonna throw out here might have already been discussed..

But what i would like to know is this...
What effect could Wiggins have in Clevelands offer for Love considering the fact that is is currently unsigned?

What are his options?
I mean, if im Wiggins, and i hear that 30 days after i sign with Cleveland that i could be dealt to Minn, ...that might make me want to explore my options, and possibly throw a wrench in this whole deal.

What do you guys think his options are in this situation?