Bulls Love Push Part II

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's a smokescreen. I'm sure some stupid Wolves insider "leaked" this "story" in hopes that the Cavs increase the quality of their offer. If the Bulls really wanted Love, I feel like it would've happened on draft night. And to be honest, I think the Wolves are insane for not taking Bennett, Wiggins, a future #1 and cap relief, if that truly was what Cleveland had on the table. That's a heist for a guy who's repeatedly said he doesn't want to play there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is definitely a leverage ploy. They don't even really say what we'd include other than the obvious.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would we go after love after getting pau and mirotic?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
we were out of the love trade when we signed gasol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We could be waiting for the trade deadline when their asking price will have to drop a little? Seems unlikely given the frontcourt pieces we have, but Love is better than all of them so...

Liked Posts:
This sounds like ESPN is just throwing Chicago out there to get web hits.

Here's why I say this:

. Although the full extent of the Bulls' offer wasn't immediately known, it is believed Minnesota would seek a package from Chicago featuring forward Taj Gibson and defensive ace Jimmy Butler in addition to other assets. The Bulls shelved their Love interest while trying to sign Carmelo Anthony away from the New York Knicks but, according to sources, have re-emerged as contenders.

Butler and Taj are nice players but it doesn't seem like they'd be the headliners in a deal for Kevin Love and the headliners are usually who get mentioned in stories like this. If they had mentioned Mirotic, it might seem credible. I also don't see it being two guys who are each stronger at defense, especially not with Flip Saunders coaching.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
ESPN would NEVER extend filler content to garner a reaction. NEVER. How dare you guys for insinuating such a fine news source has compromised integrity.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ESPN would NEVER extend filler content to garner a reaction. NEVER. How dare you guys for insinuating such a fine news source has compromised integrity.
ESPN has the highest integrity. They can always be trusted to tell the truth.

Liked Posts:
It's a smokescreen. I'm sure some stupid Wolves insider "leaked" this "story" in hopes that the Cavs increase the quality of their offer. If the Bulls really wanted Love, I feel like it would've happened on draft night. And to be honest, I think the Wolves are insane for not taking Bennett, Wiggins, a future #1 and cap relief, if that truly was what Cleveland had on the table. That's a heist for a guy who's repeatedly said he doesn't want to play there.

Perhaps, but if Butler and Taj are the biggest names dropped, would you feel threatened if you were Cleveland?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
It's likely a story planted by Love's agent to get Cleveland to close on the deal. Sure the Bulls can add a couple of picks but I don't see how they could add another player. As much as I like Butler, are he and Gibson even close to getting a pair of number one picks with the supposed potential of Wiggins? I don't think so, I mean Gibson is at his peak and Butler's strength is defense and few teams value that like the Bulls so unless he really stepped up his shooting I doubt Minn thinks he's a great addition.

If there was a way for the Bulls to get involved as a third team and end up with a big upgrade at the 2 or 3 I'd investigate that but I really don't see Minn dealing straight up with the Bulls and getting what they're passing up in Cleveland or GS.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish build brass would plant a question asking about a renewed interest in Love, so they can say "Nope, maybe someone is trying to shake down Cle"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wish build brass would plant a question asking about a renewed interest in Love, so they can say "Nope, maybe someone is trying to shake down Cle"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bulls wont deny it as it could a make division/conference rival give up more assets making them weaker

Liked Posts:
Surprised espn used us instead of their beloved lakers, heat, or knicks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Perhaps, but if Butler and Taj are the biggest names dropped, would you feel threatened if you were Cleveland?

Not when they're armed with the previous two #1 picks.