Bulls Love Push Part II

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
.What I don't understand is why go after Love now? You already have Gasol. Why didn't they just try to get Love in the first place after Melo decided to return to the Knicks?

i posted my theory a few pages back

i believe they are extremely high on Nikola and would actually rather have him than trade him plus other pieces they are also high on for Love

its not a position i agree with...imo you get the known player if its a chance

but as you pointed out its not likely we can beat Cavs offer if Wiggins is involved anyway

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you can keep assuming stuff so it fits your narrative if you want

but its still not right to trade Gasol right after you signed him

Its not "right"? If it is legal, then it is "right". If somehow, they can trade Gasol and Butler, and a draft pick for Love, it would be the best trade ever in franchise history.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But.... let's think about this for a moment. The Bulls at least have enough balls to realize that letting LJ and the Cavs sign Love is not the answer for great NBA parity. There is a lot to be said for that, imo. Did anyone think that the Bulls are doing what they can to keep the Cavs from letting LJ build a team that YOU will see in the finals for the next 4 years?

I think there's a middle ground we're reaching here. Perhaps the Bulls are doing this not because they think they can actually pry Love away from the Cavs or Warriors, but because they want Cleveland or Golden State to have to give up more in order to get Love. You don't want your competitor to get a prized player without having to truly pay for that prize.

Maybe Smalls is on to something here? Why should the Bulls stand by and let perennial loser Minny arm the Cavs to do just that? It seems the Bulls are the only ones trying to prevent this from happening.

What can the Bulls really do,though? They can't really offer the same packages as GS or the Cavs(possibly with Mirotic,but I don't see the Bulls trading him unless the Wolves express the interest in him first, which COULD happen).

But yet, here are our lowly Bulls..... fighting...... trying everything they can to keep this from happening, only to be viewed by you fucks, negatively, and have their very own fans wish they would Lose, or tank, to be the next mini dream team!!!!!
Lol, no. Nice strawman. Obviously no one wants to lose to the next mini dream team. There's still a lot to be played out here. I wouldn't be surprised if Golden State gets back in the mix. If they end up putting Thompson on the table, this is all over.

Has any of the tankers realized that LJ is not coming to the Bulls? Why do the Bulls fans like LJ so much for fucking them in the ass?
I'm not a supporter of tanking, and of course Lebron isn't coming to the Bulls. What are you trying to say? You don't have to like Lebron a lot to want him on your team. The dude is the best player on the planet for christ's sake.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, why the fuck would Minnesota want Gasol?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Its not "right"? If it is legal, then it is "right". If somehow, they can trade Gasol and Butler, and a draft pick for Love, it would be the best trade ever in franchise history.

It's comment's like this that tell me your biggest Business endeavor has been cutting the neighbors yard when you were a kid. It's moves like this that will make NO FA want to come to the Bulls!!! AND IT'S FUCKIN RIDICULOUS THAT YOU WOULD THINK DIFFERENTLY!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they can make the salary work without adding Gasol

also Nikola+McDermott doesn't trump Wiggins

Wiggins is highly sought after why do you think so many teams tanked?

They didn't tank for Wiggins. You could argue that there were at least two other guys just as highly sought. The teams that tanked thought that they couldn't lose
if they got on of the top three picks. There is no way that I would trade McDermott and Mirotic even for Wiggins. Both of those guys will probably be all-stars as Wiggins well could be. I think that the best move that the Bulls have made in recent vintage is the foresight in drafting Mirotic for down the road.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Also, why the fuck would Minnesota want Gasol?

You talking to me? I'm not proposing a trade with Minny if that's what you're thinking. I'm proposing that more teams should be weary of supplying the Cavs with the weapons to make the next 4 years seem like ground hog day!!! And if the Bulls are doing what they can, even if they can't offer the same, then I say kudos to the Bulls! And douchebaggery to the rest!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You talking to me? I'm not proposing a trade with Minny if that's what you're thinking. I'm proposing that more teams should be weary of supplying the Cavs with the weapons to make the next 4 years seem like ground hog day!!! And if the Bulls are doing what they can, even if they can't offer the same, then I say kudos to the Bulls! And douchebaggery to the rest!

I'm talking to whoever would think Gasol is a part of these trade talks. Maybe if you get a third team involved, but is that really going to happen?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'm talking to whoever would think Gasol is a part of these trade talks. Maybe if you get a third team involved, but is that really going to happen?

I see. I'm of the belief that you don't trade Pau. I also believe that's why Dunleavy is still here.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
It's comment's like this that tell me your biggest Business endeavor has been cutting the neighbors yard when you were a kid. It's moves like this that will make NO FA want to come to the Bulls!!! AND IT'S FUCKIN RIDICULOUS THAT YOU WOULD THINK DIFFERENTLY!!!!

and we already have that issue with the big time players

we got players like Wade questioning our loyalty and he would be right with what he said if we do something like that

i understand Love is better.....however thats a bad look and you dont operate like that

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, you're getting worked up because you don't think people realize the Cavs will be good with Love. But you need to realize that Minnesota may not be interested in what the Bulls can offer when compared to Wiggins +. Also, some probably realize the Cavs might be better off long term with Wiggins.

I really hope like hell, that Cleveland thinks that way.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What item of information, that resembles legitimacy, is out there to suggest the Wolves would prefer something the Bulls can offer over what Cleveland can offer? Until you get past this, everything you're saying is moot. Everyone knows Cleveland will be good with Love. But, as of now, there's no reason to think the Bulls can stop it.

I essentially just told you exactly what I told him.

I think that the Bulls have at least as good a chance for Love as the Cavs have. People talk about Wiggins as if he is the second coming. But is Wiggins a better item than Gasol and Butler? Or Gibson and Butler? Or Mirotic and a first round draft pick? I don't think so.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
and we already have that issue with the big time players

we got players like Wade questioning our loyalty and he would be right with what he said if we do something like that

i understand Love is better.....however thats a bad look and you dont operate like that

Big reason Scottie is on the bench now. You better be connected if you're gonna fuck people in Business. Otherwise, it catches up with you quickly.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But it certainly helps the Wolves if they have another supposed buyer for Love, no?

Cleveland seems to have responded.

Chicago is,IMO, not seriously in the mix(because if the Wolves want someone like Wiggins or Thompson,why would they look at the Bulls when the best they can really offer is either Butler or Gibson?), but having the Bulls out there as a possible suitor may worry Cleveland a little. They don't want any more competitors, and more competitors can drive up the price and gives the Wolves the ability to say they can look at other teams if the Cavs can't make a suitable offer.

What I don't understand is why go after Love now? You already have Gasol. Why didn't they just try to get Love in the first place after Melo decided to return to the Knicks?

I suppose you could argue that after Melo's decision, Gasol was expressing some interest in the Bulls, and they didn't want to spurn him for Love, because they possibly end up with neither. Ok.

But getting Gasol, to me, sends a pretty clear message that things aren't going to work out with the Bulls and Love. It seems like they pulled the trigger on the guaranteed commodity and honestly it was a good move.

Bottom line is the Bulls don't really have enough to compete with Golden State and Cleveland IRT Love(they don't have a Wiggins or Thompson), and they already have Gasol. This is a longshot, but having the Bulls out there is important. There's a game being played here.

They sure as hell have enough to compete with anyone regarding Love. Think for a second. They are going to lose Love. To me, if they ever are going to gain any relevance they need to WIN. And winning involves putting a team together. They never have done it. And winning requires good players not prospects. If they, obtained Gibson and Butler, they automatically, for example, get two of the best starters defensively in the NBA and guys who would account for 30+ points in their two positions. They also would be a salary cap bargain. So why not gain two good starters for a guy you are going to lose and throw in a good draft pick to boot.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They sure as hell have enough to compete with anyone regarding Love.
What they're supposedly offering, on its own value, does not really compete with "anyone"

TThey are going to lose Love. To me, if they ever are going to gain any relevance they need to WIN. And winning involves putting a team together. They never have done it. And winning requires good players not prospects. If they, obtained Gibson and Butler, they automatically, for example, get two of the best starters defensively in the NBA and guys who would account for 30+ points in their two positions.
Without Love, I'm not so sure if the Wolves are going to be winning much in the West immediately. The point is they are looking towards rebuilding again because they are stuck in the middle of things and Love wants out. It's time for a fresh new start.

Gibson and Butler are definitely stalwarts defensively(although being coached under Thibs and being under his system helps, don't forget that) and are ok offensively(I don't know about 30+ points from the two, but I suppose on a team with lackluster offensive options they can have similar numbers to what they had this previous year). However, those two aren't really going to make the difference for the Wolves. I would be shocked if they accept Taj,Butler, and a 1st.

Wiggins is the jewel. He's the #1 pick, has sky high potential. He could turn into a force with the Wolves in a few years. Yes, it's based on potential, but I understand wanting to take that risk. You'd be crazy not to.

What GS offers is similar, although with guys like Barnes and Thompson, they can start winning earlier than with Wiggins perhaps(maybe not next year, but soon after if Barnes can become the player he could be). That,along with whatever else GS offers would be a bit more than the Bulls supposedly have on the table. And even more than the Cavs will offer if Thompson is included.

They also would be a salary cap bargain. So why not gain two good starters for a guy you are going to lose and throw in a good draft pick to boot.
Even though Love wants out, Minnesota has options. The Bulls aren't the only suitors, and they can get better deals. They're not going to take Taj, Butler, and a 1st when they can get something better from the Cavs or GS.

poido123

Liked Posts:
Forget about Love guys.

We have the team now to win the championship, considering all potential rivals.

Right now, we are favorites to win the east. Only miami stood in our way, this cavs team with lebron are from contenders yet. If you look at their roster, they lack defenders, any insurance for when Andy inevitably goes down, and not much in the way of shooters.

If our only roadblock is to beat a team out west, why do we need to do anything to our roster? Unless there are other big moves on other teams, we are sitting quite well.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Forget about Love guys.

We have the team now to win the championship, considering all potential rivals.

Right now, we are favorites to win the east. Only miami stood in our way, this cavs team with lebron are from contenders yet. If you look at their roster, they lack defenders, any insurance for when Andy inevitably goes down, and not much in the way of shooters.

If our only roadblock is to beat a team out west, why do we need to do anything to our roster? Unless there are other big moves on other teams, we are sitting quite well.

This Bulls team has no chance to beat out a beast from the West. That's why you need to do something with the roster. You answered your own question.

poido123

Liked Posts:
This Bulls team has no chance to beat out a beast from the West. That's why you need to do something with the roster. You answered your own question.

I consider us a 50 percent chance or better, depending on the matchup. This bulls team has IQ and grittyness to handle anyone. Spurs are the main ones that worry me.

I'll take that.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Why the heck would the supposed rebuilding Wolves want Gasol back in a trade?

Poor Wolves, they can never keep their stars. Team should probably move. How do they go about trying to win a championship? Acquire Wiggins and other pieces and hope he's good enough to lead them to a title before he bails and they have to rebuild again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would stay status que.

Front court:
Nikola Mirotic 6'10"
Pau Gasol 7'0"
Joakim Noah 6'11"

Bench:
Gibson 6'9"
Dunleavy 6'9"
McDermott 6'8"