Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I know Barney couldn't hit, but damn his D at second was awesome.

I hope the Sox pick him up, tbh.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Right, but he can be a great utility infielder.

He is great at second, and average at best (in a small sample size) at short and third.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
About time.

There are multiple pitchers on the Cubs this season that I have more faith at the plate than Barney.

There are victims in a youth movement, he is the first.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Baez isn't getting called up soon. He has to improve on his contact more in AAA. He has been improving a lot over the last 2 months I don't think it would be wise to really interrupt that. He is only 21. I don't see why there is a rush to promote Baez, but not Bryant. Sure you don't want to start Bryant's clock but then why not follow the same path with Baez? Bryant is probably a lot more ML ready than Baez is

I'd like to see them come up for the last few weeks of the season to get a taste. I'd like to see Bryant, Baez, and Soler. Give those guys 10 games at the end of the year and I believe we'll see some wet panties....

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally. Thank god.

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, but he can be a great utility infielder.

He is great at second, and average at best (in a small sample size) at short and third.

that is what he should have always been.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
you are a horrible poster.

whats more fitting is picking up a sox scrub in edwin jackson or ryan sweeney. moron

What better way to suck, then p/u some Sox players....

You sound butthurt. You'll be lucky to get our scrubbs in the near future. You better get used to it.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Gee what a surprise, Darwin Barney doesn't start at second base and Bonifacio makes an error! The Cubs should have kept him as a backup for the middle infield. Nothing wrong with that. I would rather have Barney starting at second base with Arismendy Alcantara in center field and Emilio Bonifacio on the bench or platooning with other outfielders. I like Junior Lake but with him struggling they could always send him down to AAA to try and work things out. I think Nate Schierholtz is only batting .200 and he barely plays.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Didn't Barney move his average up from .200 to .230 in the last month? .230 isn't a good average but increasing your batting average by .30 is pretty good, it means he was picking it up.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Barney move his average up from .200 to .230 in the last month? .230 isn't a good average but increasing your batting average by .30 is pretty good, it means he was picking it up.

So with Baez, Russell, Alcantara, and possibly even Castro in the mix for 2nd, we should hang onto Barney? You. Get. It.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start him until those guys are ready and when those guys are ready then he can be a backup.

Alcantara isn't ready?

Also, he's making 2.3 million this year. Next year he'll be making more. That's not worth a backup who can't hit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alcantara isn't ready?

Also, he's making 2.3 million this year. Next year he'll be making more. That's not worth a backup who can't hit.

claiming alcantara is ready is pre mature. might as well play him and give him mlb at bats but to say he is ready is infact premature.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
claiming alcantara is ready is pre mature. might as well play him and give him mlb at bats but to say he is ready is infact premature.

Agree, but there is a lot to like so far. We will see because there are so many ways his career could go from here, but I think we are allowed to be excited by the skills he has shown so far.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Alcantara isn't ready?

Baez and Russell aren't up yet and it looks like the Cubs want Alcantara in the outfield???

Status
Not open for further replies.