Barney DFA'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Probably means Alcantara is here for the year and Bonifacio comes back up. But here is to hoping it is a move to help get Baez up here.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs designate INF Darwin Barney for assignment, activate INF Emilio Bonifacio from DL, recall RHP Kyle Hendricks, option LHP Zac Rosscup.

czman

Liked Posts:
I wonder if anyone will grab him?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
People felt Barney would be traded. Im sorry...marginal bench players are usually throw ins to better players

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No.. just demote olt or lake.. Most likely lake

Boni would then back up both Alcantara in CF and Baez at 2B

I do feel trades are coming..
Possibly Valbuena Schierholtz Ruggiano Bonifacio
Some relief pitching is likely to go along with that, isn't it?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Some relief pitching is likely to go along with that, isn't it?

yea maybe a team would take a shot on wither Russell, schlitter, wright, or Villanueva

none of these trades of either pitchers or position players will net much back, they will be basically moves to open up 40 man roster spots

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Sad to see this the inevitable end of Barney happen. Even though his bat has disappeared over the last few years, he was a guy I always liked on the Cubs. Hope he finds success somewhere else and this isn't the end of his career.

2012 GOLD GLOVE!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Next big move I want to see is Baez being called up

I honestly think we'll see a couple kids come by the end of the year. Not too soon, though, as Theo's eye'ing one more high draft pick, imo.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I know it's early, but I am liking DJ Stewart from Florida St.

A big OF would be nice, but what pitchers are coming up that could be dominant? I could see the Cubs try to get the #1 pick and finally go pitching if they do view this as the last rebuilding year.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
A big OF would be nice, but what pitchers are coming up that could be dominant? I could see the Cubs try to get the #1 pick and finally go pitching if they do view this as the last rebuilding year.

Michael Matuella's the guy I'm hearing about...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Michael Matuella's the guy I'm hearing about...

A 97 fastball with a 85 slider? Nice. I found an article here. I'm hoping that the Cubs bring up some kids at the end of the year to see what we got for off season trades. But, a #1 pitcher as the last draft pick of the rebuild sounds nice to me.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Aiken will be back in the draft likely and if he continues to perform the injury concerns over him will likely disappear. More importantly the Astros are surely out on him next year after the shit they pulled.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Baez isn't getting called up soon. He has to improve on his contact more in AAA. He has been improving a lot over the last 2 months I don't think it would be wise to really interrupt that. He is only 21. I don't see why there is a rush to promote Baez, but not Bryant. Sure you don't want to start Bryant's clock but then why not follow the same path with Baez? Bryant is probably a lot more ML ready than Baez is

Status
Not open for further replies.