Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would I do it? Yeah probably. Would Minnesota do it? Most likely not.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
B/C Love is leaving?

yeah but theres this team offering a guy by the name of Andrew Wiggins who was the #1 pick in a draft half the NBA tanked for

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
yeah but theres this team offering a guy by the name of Andrew Wiggins

I have a question. Why is it that a 19 year old freshman, with one year of College experience, is considered to be such a Lock to be a star, as opposed to a 23 year old Niko, who's played 7 years of Pro ball in Spain, considered the 2nd best league behind the NBA, and is more highly decorated (awards) then any other Euro player?

Is it cuz he's black? What has Wiggens done that is such solid proof? And what has Niko done that isn't?

Wiggins played for Kansas, right? Didn't Kansas lose to Stanford in the tourny? LOL. Sorry I'm back. Is this what makes him so great?

Can any of you smartypants answer this for me?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a question. Why is it that a 19 year old freshman, with one year of College experience, is considered to be such a Lock to be a star, as opposed to a 23 year old Niko, who's played 7 years of Pro ball in Spain, considered the 2nd best league behind the NBA, and is more highly decorated (awards) then any other Euro player?

Is it cuz he's black? What has Wiggens done that is such solid proof? And what has Niko done that isn't?

Wiggins played for Kansas, right? Didn't Kansas lose to Stanford in the tourny? LOL. Sorry I'm back. Is this what makes him so great?

Because athleticism and potential >>>>>>> :kermit:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Because athleticism and potential >>>>>>> :kermit:

also a ton of hype

folks hyped him up so much just the name Andrew Wiggins is attractive

if the media gassed Nikola like they did Wiggins im sure some would feel our trade package was competitive

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Ahhhhhhh, athleticism, I see. I guess if your black and athletic, you can rule the world. Yet we create jobs every day for people like that....... so are you saying a black man in America has nothing more to offer?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
no...they are saying white guys aren't athletic. Haven't you got that yet? 20 people on this site are continually making that snide point with their comments and their sigs.

Tell me, why the fuck do you think I'd say something like that? :shrug:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would you make the deal?

No. But I would trade Gasol, McBuckets, and a first rounder for Love. Or Gibson, McBuckets and Butler. Or some combination of the above.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
also a ton of hype

folks hyped him up so much just the name Andrew Wiggins is attractive

if the media gassed Nikola like they did Wiggins im sure some would feel our trade package was competitive

Its a simple answer, really. Very few have seen him play while they sure have seen Wiggins. Wiggins has a chance to be a big time star. But I think that Mirotic also has a pretty much equal chance to the same. I also think that Mirotics career will be a long one because of his versatility.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I was not referring to you Bear Pride. I was referring to others. Sorry it came off wrong

NP my man, sometimes I quote people and try to add to what their saying. I should be clearer that I agree or disagree sometimes too, myself. :beerbang:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
How about Rose? What has he done for us lately?

image.png

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Are you really for real? It is a race question? The two players could not be not be more different as players. But is has nothing to do with race.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I notice Hawk just responded to this thread. I wonder if he is going to have time to enlighten us to what backup plan the Bulls should have had

he already told us....Rondo or Jeremy Lin

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

No one is saying that Wiggins is a lock to be a star, but he has a very high ceiling,which is attractive to a team looking ahead(which the Wolves will obviously be). He has elite athleticism/slashing ability and can play good defense.

Niko's ceiling is not nearly as high. He's a good shooter and can handle the ball decently, but lacks in athleticism,strength, and defense. Coming into the NBA is going to be an adjustment, He might have played in the second best league behind the NBA, but it's still a pretty big step below the NBA. Remember Rudy Fernandez? He's pretty good with Real Madrid too,right?

I'm not saying Niko isn't going to be a good player and won't contribute starting out, and I'm not saying Wiggins has no adjustment to make himself. However, look at Niko's strength and weaknesses compared to Wiggins. Which one do you think is going to have an easier time translating their game to the NBA? Honestly....

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll laugh if Wiggins turns into Tyrus Thomas... though he did score 50 one game against Lebron and the Cavs rookie year. Still lost.