Bulls offering Mirotic, McDermott and Gibson

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose would move to shooting guard with Rondo as the PG.
Sounds like a good plan! Let me know who will actually be starting from the Bulls at point guard and shooting guard.

As for not having an offensive game, that is really hilarious. There really is not a player in the NBA that can get to the basket better than Rose and Rondo. You have to be kidding me, right? Who can guard those two guys? Seriously, have you really watched Rondo play? When he had Pierce, and Garnett, the combination was pretty freeking awesome. The Celtics were good but old. The Bulls would have the same pieces but would be younger.
It helps to have three hall of famers on your team doesn't it? Fine, I'll give you his ability to attack the basket. Hooray. Too bad teams don't honor his jump shot at all, that kinda hurts him where he's best,huh? Point is, I'm not really looking at Rondo to be my go-to guy for scoring, or anything close to it.

Look, I just suggested Rondo, because they need a better back-court than they have. But if they fail with Love, they should try like hell to make a trade for another guard.Most people here think that we are all set right now. I just disagree. IF not Rondo, then someone else needs to be traded for.
Who are the Bulls trading to get this guard? And yea, not Rondo. For obvious reasons.

Celks

Liked Posts:
Are you having a massive memory loss? Better call your shrink and have them change your medication????? Remember what your point was about Gasol(Probably not)

Dude, Pau is the first big man that can attack the basket and score that the Bulls have had in 20 years! That keeps the defense respectful. This is precisely why teams have been able tp play great perimeter defense against the Bulls and trap so much.

Your drivel is getting pretty onerous and I tire of you. You just throw shit at people and hope somehow that it makes some semblance of sense. It fails a LOT:)

Carefully read what Bear Pride wrote and re-read your response once again. "Paul is the first big man that can attack the basket and SCORE....."

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think that you are expecting a lot from Pao, particularly offensively. He is, right now, at the last leg of his career, is slow, and injury prone. Yeah Rondo is also injury prone but offensively is about as good as it gets as a point guard. Without a good partner in the back-court for Rose he will get trapped a lot because they really do not have a guy with him that can take it to the hole. I think that smart team will also take Gasol away from where he wants the ball. Just an opinion. we will see, I guess.

Frankly, if I were Thibs, I'd play Gasol mostly at center and spot him at power forward for maybe 25 or so minutes a game. That's pretty much what he probably be able to handle without going down with an injury. I know that I am in the minority with this one but that is okay. I just do not think that you who disagree with me are thinking about what has damaged the Bulls offense in the Rose era, namely a good guard to run the offense with or without him. Gasol doesn't do it.

The problem is you look at the Bulls roster over the last few years and totally misdiagnose the problem. What damaged the Bulls is Rose not having a top level wing that can create a shot for himself. Rondo doesn't have the offensive skill to do that. As far as running the offense, Rose did a good job...but you can't make chicken salad with chicken shit. Rondo is a great point guard, but the Bulls already have one. The Bulls need someone who can score...Rondo isn't it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say that the Bulls should "run what they brung". I am interested to see what the current roster can do.

Besides, I think Love's mind is made up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like a good plan! Let me know who will actually be starting from the Bulls at point guard and shooting guard.

It helps to have three hall of famers on your team doesn't it? Fine, I'll give you his ability to attack the basket. Hooray. Too bad teams don't honor his jump shot at all, that kinda hurts him where he's best,huh? Point is, I'm not really looking at Rondo to be my go-to guy for scoring, or anything close to it.

Who are the Bulls trading to get this guard? And yea, not Rondo. For obvious reasons.

I'm not a capologist. But they need a good guard or two. It'd have to come from among the bigs that they have and a draft pick or young player.

As to the question about not looking at Rondo for scoring, sure. But he sure as hell can free guys for clear looks. Rose would get set up well and he is a scorer. So are other guys, Dunleavy, McBuckets, Mirotic, Gasol with dish-offs underneath to Noah and Gibson.

Point is, they need help at the guard positions to balance this team out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carefully read what Bear Pride wrote and re-read your response once again. "Paul is the first big man that can attack the basket and SCORE....."

I know what he said. He is discounting the great improvements that Noah has made in driving to the hole. He has developed a decent inside game. When the lane opens up he absolutely can take it to the basket and score which he didn't when he first came into the league. Don't forget, he had been the 3rd or 4th option but worked his butt off to develop as a player, as has Gibson.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem is you look at the Bulls roster over the last few years and totally misdiagnose the problem. What damaged the Bulls is Rose not having a top level wing that can create a shot for himself. Rondo doesn't have the offensive skill to do that. As far as running the offense, Rose did a good job...but you can't make chicken salad with chicken shit. Rondo is a great point guard, but the Bulls already have one. The Bulls need someone who can score...Rondo isn't it.

Okay. You made your points and I had mine. Decent debate.

Celks

Liked Posts:
I know what he said. He is discounting the great improvements that Noah has made in driving to the hole. He has developed a decent inside game. When the lane opens up he absolutely can take it to the basket and score which he didn't when he first came into the league. Don't forget, he had been the 3rd or 4th option but worked his butt off to develop as a player, as has Gibson.

He is not doing that whatsoever. He is merely stating the obvious and the truth.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Are you having a massive memory loss? Better call your shrink and have them change your medication????? Remember what your point was about Gasol(Probably not)

Dude, Pau is the first big man that can attack the basket and score that the Bulls have had in 20 years! That keeps the defense respectful. This is precisely why teams have been able tp play great perimeter defense against the Bulls and trap so much.

Your drivel is getting pretty onerous and I tire of you. You just throw shit at people and hope somehow that it makes some semblance of sense. It fails a LOT:)

Dude, Pau is a post up scorer, Noah is not. WTF is your point?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not a capologist. But they need a good guard or two. It'd have to come from among the bigs that they have and a draft pick or young player.

As to the question about not looking at Rondo for scoring, sure. But he sure as hell can free guys for clear looks. Rose would get set up well and he is a scorer. So are other guys, Dunleavy, McBuckets, Mirotic, Gasol with dish-offs underneath to Noah and Gibson.

Point is, they need help at the guard positions to balance this team out.

I don't disagree but Rondo isn't the answer. If he plays decently this year, he's going to demand a lot(I think he already wants a max), and if the Bulls trade for him during the season, the Celtics are going to ask for quite a bit. Chances are,they'd have to give up a few of the guys you mentioned in this post, and possibly more.

That,in addition to what I have previously mentioned, is why I'm not too high on Rondo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is not doing that whatsoever. He is merely stating the obvious and the truth.

Really? So you and he are clearly stating that Noah cannot take it to the hole and score? What team have you been watching?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, Pau is a post up scorer, Noah is not. WTF is your point?

I would bet that I have watched a whole lot more games with Gasol in them than you have for starters. Gasol got most of his points from a jump shot from the perimeterin his career. Kobe drove. defenders went with him and his man left him in the corner for an open jumper. Yeah he can post up, at least a few years ago but not recently and not well.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Really? So you and he are clearly stating that Noah cannot take it to the hole and score? What team have you been watching?

I'd be willing to lay a hondo right now that you never played the game! No one Loves Noah MORE than me, but he's just not a post scorer. He got abused by Washington's bigs (with the help of the officials). They were too strong for him, and YES, he can't score against those guys. Pau can.

The Bulls needed bigs, not more G's. You are on crack if you think a PG, who can't shoot from the outside, is going to fix that problem. As much as it pains me ... the Bulls bigs have been soft for years. Ultimately, the playoffs have been too physical for them.

A 7'0" Pau, a 6'10" Bairstow, and a 6'10" Niko addresses this problem. Pau can post, Bairstow can bang, and Niko can draw a big outside with his shot. Yet, you think a 6'1" PG is gonna fix all this???

Not to mention... when we're expecting our 6'3" superstar PG back. WTF? I sure hope you're trolling .... cuz if not, I actually feel sorry for you!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls needed bigs, not more G's. You are on crack if you think a PG, who can't shoot from the outside, is going to fix that problem. As much as it pains me ... the Bulls bigs have been soft for years. Ultimately, the playoffs have been too physical for them.
Not to rain on your truth parade, but this part isn't entirely true. We can use another guard (or rather, wing player)...provided that guard can create his own shot. We also needed a post player that actually plays in the post, so that's where Pau comes in. I'm not sure if he'll fix the "softness" issue seeing has he himself has been called (Ga)soft for years now, but we'll see.

Carry on.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Not to rain on your truth parade, but this part isn't entirely true. We can use another guard (or rather, wing player)...provided that guard can create his own shot. We also needed a post player that actually plays in the post, so that's where Pau comes in. I'm not sure if he'll fix the "softness" issue seeing has he himself has been called (Ga)soft for years now, but we'll see.

Carry on.

Well, there's a lot to say here ..... I'll just ramble a bit if you don't mind .... but 1st, I need a beer! BRB.

First, a G rotation of the following isn't that bad:

PG - Rose - Brooks
SG - Butler - Kirk

Is it great? Well, with Rose, yes it is!

-----------

Let's throw in some wing players ...........

Dunleavey
Snell
Dougie McBuckets

Considering the 4 G rotation I mentioned, these 3 guys are not the worst. Would a Lance have done better than all 3 of these guys, meaning probably no Pau as well? I say no. I think the Bulls would Love to add in another wing, BUT you can't do EVERYTHING in one off season. Fortunately, the Bulls look good financially moving forward!

------------

Now, the stacked front line...... say no more!

-------------

I don't think the Bulls could have done a whole lot more, imo. I don't understand why PaxGar get so much shit after pulling out a pretty good off season, EVEN THOUGH THEY COULDN'T LAND THEIR #1 TARGET IN MELO, who as it looks, chose the money!

I don't understand why we'd fire everyone cuz we didn't draft a rookie in Jones, but our rookie doesn't mean shit, when he was the #1 SCORER IN College! Let me say that again..... the #1 scorer in College!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And again, fire GarPax? I bet that's why Jerry got light headed if you ask me ..... he's laughing all the way to the Bank as GarPax improved the team tremendously, acquired an extremely deep roster, maintained a few good assets, kept the team out of the Luxury tax, and if anyone hadn't noticed, well under the tax threshold!!!!

Why does this matter, cuz Jerry was forced to amnesty Boozer! It appears that GarPax have set us up for the future financially as well. Again, things people have bitched about the prior years... when their hands were tied!!!!!!

-------------

The last thing I say in this rambling is, what else should the Bulls have done this off season..... sign Rondo?

:aj:

Sorry to ramble ... carry on!

Celks

Liked Posts:

I'm clearly stating that Gasol has a better offensive game then Noah. Noah is inconsistent, what team have you been watching?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you reminded me of the times noah would try to take his man off the dribble and throw those left handed hooks that NEVER went in

god i hate when he did that....although its not his fault he got stuck with the ball in low shot clock situations and had to do something

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you reminded me of the times noah would try to take his man off the dribble and throw those left handed hooks that NEVER went in

god i hate when he did that....although its not his fault he got stuck with the ball in low shot clock situations and had to do something
Good thing he got good enough to make it go in sometimes now...it was always a facepalm moment back then when we saw Noah drive

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Good thing he got good enough to make it go in sometimes now...it was always a facepalm moment back then when we saw Noah drive

Noah got a lot better, but he will improve more even with Pau, imo. Noah no longer is the primary big man for the Bulls. He very well may flourish cuz of this.