Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 21h
Reported 2 weeks ago that Mirotic sought assurance for long-term commitment from Bulls before completing buyout.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 44m
Taj Gibson said every time he works out at Berto Center, team officials tell him not to worry about rumors.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Here's why this rumor is complete B.S.

Wikipedia said:
No free agent signed in the offseason can be traded until December 15 of that year or until three months have passed (whichever comes later), a rule that prevents teams from signing free agents with the intent of using them strictly as trade fodder. For draft picks this moratorium lasts 30 days.

Sheridan is assuming that the trade would have to wait 30 days to happen because we signed McDermott and Mirotic. While that may be true for McDermott, I find it exceedingly hard to believe for Mirotic. He was not a draft pick last year. He did not sign a rookie contract. Instead, I think it's more likely that he would be deemed a free agent under this, and would not be allowed to be traded until December 15. I could be wrong. Maybe someone can enlighten us further.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@suntimes_hoops: Forman and Pax are in a win-now window, and made the decision that Love in Chicago is much better than Love in Cleveland with James.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@suntimes_hoops: .... Gar Forman played poker face for about 12 hours, and then pushed all the chips in this morning. Confirmed Taj and McDermott ...

@suntimes_hoops: ... as well as "other assets.'' Mirotic is still unconfirmed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Love is far superior then all those players being mentioned. But it still creates a lopsided roster. We must be getting something else back in return to help fill out the roster right?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love is far superior then all those players being mentioned. But it still creates a lopsided roster. We must be getting something else back in return to help fill out the roster right?
Kevin Martin is the only name that comes to mind that would make sense. How that works out salary wise is unknown to me at this point. We'd need to match about 22M in salary I think with those two alone...that's about half the roster beyond Taj and Mirotic :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Excerpt:

This seems more and more bogus by the minute.
I don't get why the Wolves want more than Wiggins+. That's already a much better return than almost any team who has traded a star away has gotten.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@suntimes_hoops: .... Gar Forman played poker face for about 12 hours, and then pushed all the chips in this morning. Confirmed Taj and McDermott ...

@suntimes_hoops: ... as well as "other assets.'' Mirotic is still unconfirmed.

I do not think that they will give up Mirotic. That would very much surprise me in that I think the Bulls and Mirotic have talked a lot about coming to Chicago and leaving Europe. It also would be interesting to find out if Mirotic had any no trade clause in his contract. He might.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not think that they will give up Mirotic. That would very much surprise me in that I think the Bulls and Mirotic have talked a lot about coming to Chicago and leaving Europe. It also would be interesting to find out if Mirotic had any no trade clause in his contract. He might.
Based on earlier talk, I'm pretty sure he can't be traded until December anyway

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would not shock me if this was true.

Love on the Cavaliers would mean that the Bulls would no longer be chasing the Heat they would be chasing the Cavs. It is time to get in the drivers seat for a change.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@suntimes_hoops: Here is the full story on Bulls going all in for Love this morning - http://t.co/XnukUyyt16

Now this is making sense. No way would the Bulls desire the team that now exists on their roster. A Rose, Love, Noah, led team would be awesome.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kevin Martin is the only name that comes to mind that would make sense. How that works out salary wise is unknown to me at this point. We'd need to match about 22M in salary I think with those two alone...that's about half the roster beyond Taj and Mirotic :shrug:

We'd probably want a guard back to us. Kevin Martin would help make the money work which is possibly why Butler would be attractive to Minnesota. They would get two for sure starting players in Gibson and Butler along with McBuckets. We would receive two veteran starting players back. I wouldn't be mad also if they gave us that young Russian 2nd year guard(forget his name).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'd probably want a guard back to us.
Yeah and Kevin Martin is the most logical choice. I still don't know how that salary matches up...I guess if Taj and Pau are both included we're up to 15M to match Love's salary and then Butler, McDermott would get us up to 19M and then via 125% rule we can take back that 22M?

Liked Posts:
I don't get why the Wolves want more than Wiggins+. That's already a much better return than almost any team who has traded a star away has gotten.

Do you think the Timberwolves might be trying to swap Rubio for Irving in this deal? Minnesota might like that Irving is locked up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what would the lineup look like if we traded Dougie, Taj and Mirotec?

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy/Snell/Trade
Love
Noah

Gasol playing 30 minutes at the 4/5
Brooks
Hinrich
Snell

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its unlikely that Mirotic will ever get 20 rebounds in a single game. However, I couldn't tell you who fits the current group and Rose better.

sure, Love is Rose's friend. However, I might rather spread the floor with Rose-Butler-McBuckets-Mirotic-Noah and have the power formation of Rose-Butler-Taj-Gasol-Noah than lose all those assets and probably picks thrown in as well.

I want to see this group on the court actually. Gasol gives us another versatile post passer who can score easily with height, hit mid range shots, and set screens. Love could end up too much of a focal point, and Mirotic gives you the 3 ball from your PF already if thats what you want. Love is Miro and Gasol in one....but the 3p% of McBuckets and Miro and what that could do, as well as players who can run the floor and cause transition issues Love can't cause in the long range game.

You guys will be surprised at the way Mirotic runs the floor, he is ideal for the current NBA game at PF. I can't wait and as much as I want love....I draw the line at Mirotic. Give them anything but Mirotic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think the Timberwolves might be trying to swap Rubio for Irving in this deal? Minnesota might like that Irving is locked up.
Maybe. Could explain why they haven't pounced on Wiggins. If this was true though Minnesota is crazy greedy...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its unlikely that Mirotic will ever get 20 rebounds in a single game. However, I couldn't tell you who fits the current group and Rose better.

sure, Love is Rose's friend. However, I might rather spread the floor with Rose-Butler-McBuckets-Mirotic-Noah and have the power formation of Rose-Butler-Taj-Gasol-Noah than lose all those assets and probably picks thrown in as well.

I want to see this group on the court actually. Gasol gives us another versatile post passer who can score easily with height, hit mid range shots, and set screens. Love could end up too much of a focal point, and Mirotic gives you the 3 ball from your PF already if thats what you want. Love is Miro and Gasol in one....but the 3p% of McBuckets and Miro and what that could do, as well as players who can run the floor and cause transition issues Love can't cause in the long range game.

You guys will be surprised at the way Mirotic runs the floor, he is ideal for the current NBA game at PF. I can't wait and as much as I want love....I draw the line at Mirotic. Give them anything but Mirotic.
Assuming Mirotic is off limits until December, I think you don't have anything to be worried about.