Bulls offering Mirotic, McDermott and Gibson

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Despite what a lot of you are posting, this is a LEGIT offer on the table. It's been confirmed by multiple outlets, including the Bulls beat writers. It's also something to note that Chris Sheridan broke this story. He also broke the Lebron to Cleveland story days before he chose to go back to Cleveland. This is anything but a smoke screen.

While I'll admit, the Wolves may be trying to drive up the price, I do feel that our offer of Gibson (2nd in 6th man voting this year, a high motor player, and a proven quality starter when in the lineup), Mirotic (considered by almost every expert as the best player coming out of Europe), and McDermott (Consensus National College Player of the Year) is a better deal than Wiggins (Unproven rookie with suspect shooting & motivation), Bennett (an unproven former #1 with consistency issues), and a 1st round pick that likely won't be high now that Lebron is on the team. If Saunders does not want a long rebuilding period, which all indications are that he doesn't, then it makes perfect sense why the Wolves would be "heavily considering" the Bulls offer.

If GarPax can pull this steal off, I will be ecstatic as we will undoubtedly be finals bound this year, and for years to come.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I guess my point was "what is a commitment"? Does he sign a promise letter? I don't think it matters if he commits or not. My 2nd point was that the NBA is not conducive for things like that. I'm still pissed at the NBA for creating the DRose rule and fuckin the Bulls Salary cap. I also believe that teams should not be strapped to one contract. I think's it's BS that one injured player can strap a team for 2.5 years.

I think it's bullshit that the NBA is set up for a team to tank and suck for a few years, then sign the 3 biggest max contracts, and then be the media darling for the next few years. The whole structure sucks, imo.
The only models that seem to work are the NFL & NHL.

MLB has dealt with tons of star pitchers tearing rotator cuffs & missing a season or two, yet those players were never asked (by FO or fans) to restructure their $100+ million contracts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Right, I asked a bunch of hypothetical questions was all, and that was my main one. How does Love dictate anything unless he has a no trade?

He honestly can't. Also, worth mentioning, my post wasn't necessarily directed at you because others have made mention in this thread about that. I just finally had time to look up the answer.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It's stunning how unwilling those in the media are to question the legitimacy of this "offer". Even the local media is doing it. Why did ESPN think it was noteworthy to report on how the Cavs were suddenly willing to trade Wiggins but when ESPNs initial report that Taj and Butler are the centerpiece pieces and then two days later Mirotic and McDermott are being offered, no one questions the reporting, the sources, or the motivation behind the sources.

I always question the media. But sometimes, teams plant these rumors themselves, with their little beat reporters doing the dirty work. After some of the FA moves this off season, I'd suggest that the media doesn't have a clue either.

I think it's interesting that all the players mentioned were just all signed to contracts. Now we get 30 days of rumors. I'm not sure we can say for sure at this point who is behind all the rumors, imo.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Right, I asked a bunch of hypothetical questions was all, and that was my main one. How does Love dictate anything unless he has a no trade?
He dictates by the threat of refusing to re-sign a contract with team that's offering major assets to the T-Wolves. This is exactly what Melo did several years ago.

A couple season ago, the Lakers decided that they would be the ones to play chicken with a NBA player that was in Melo's & Love's position. The Lakers got burnt. Dwight Howard refused to re-sign & instead went to the Houston Rockets.

Liked Posts:
Despite what a lot of you are posting, this is a LEGIT offer on the table. It's been confirmed by multiple outlets, including the Bulls beat writers. It's also something to note that Chris Sheridan broke this story. He also broke the Lebron to Cleveland story days before he chose to go back to Cleveland. This is anything but a smoke screen.

While I'll admit, the Wolves may be trying to drive up the price, I do feel that our offer of Gibson (2nd in 6th man voting this year, a high motor player, and a proven quality starter when in the lineup), Mirotic (considered by almost every expert as the best player coming out of Europe), and McDermott (Consensus National College Player of the Year) is a better deal than Wiggins (Unproven rookie with suspect shooting & motivation), Bennett (an unproven former #1 with consistency issues), and a 1st round pick that likely won't be high now that Lebron is on the team. If Saunders does not want a long rebuilding period, which all indications are that he doesn't, then it makes perfect sense why the Wolves would be "heavily considering" the Bulls offer.

If GarPax can pull this steal off, I will be ecstatic as we will undoubtedly be finals bound this year, and for years to come.

The local reporter from the sun times who reported this cited someone with the Timberwolves as his source.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The only models that seem to work are the NFL & NHL.

MLB has dealt with tons of star pitchers tearing rotator cuffs & missing a season or two, yet those players were never asked (by FO or fans) to restructure their $100+ million contracts.

Imo, it's different when the roster is half the size, and there's so many BS rules restricting you from making a move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don't get me wrong, my excitement/curiosity of seeing what Mirotic could do in a Bulls uniform is VASTLY outweighed by the possibility of Kevin Love wearing a Bulls uniform.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Wiggins is a bigger deal than anyone the Bulls can or have offered.

That's only because he was recently picked #1. When all is said and done, Embiid will be the best player to come out of this draft. The Cavs got scared because of his injury so they went with their second option, which was Wiggins. He will likely be a perennial all-star, and has superstar caliber talent, but it's his motivation and drive that's a big question mark. He completely disappeared in a bunch of games for Kansas last year. All Wiggins is is potential right now.

That's not to say McDermott or Mirotic aren't just potential too, but they have shown more than Wiggins has at this point. McD was the College Player of the Year and Mirotic has played professional ball at a high level for almost 7 years now. We all know what Taj brings to the table and would provide a great defensive compliment inside with Pekovic. Let's also not forget that the Wolves will be trying to keep Rubio around, and he knows Mirotic from their time in the Spanish League together.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
The local reporter from the sun times who reported this cited someone with the Timberwolves as his source.

Chris Sheridan is a reputable sports writer and that's who I am referencing. And in all my years of following the Bulls, they keep their cards very close to their chest. You won't here a peep out of the Bulls camp because that is how they operate. Remember when GarPax secretly flew out to LA to woo Kobe Bryant? No one had a clue that was going on until after the meeting took place.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
He dictates by the threat of refusing to re-sign a contract with team that's offering major assets to the T-Wolves. This is exactly what Melo did several years ago.

A couple season ago, the Lakers decided that they would be the ones to play chicken with a NBA player that was in Melo's & Love's position. The Lakers got burnt. Dwight Howard refused to re-sign & instead went to the Houston Rockets.

We're getting off track now. My response was to Bones, who said that the players could just team up with whoever. I stated one example how Love couldn't say "Chicago or no deal.".

If this is such a player's league, and Love and Rose are such good friends and want to play together, what is stopping Love from saying,

"The only place I will re-up is Chicago, and the only way I agree to that is if the trade does not include 'X' Bulls players. Otherwise I walk after the season and sign with the Bulls anyway."

Couldn't Love essentially assure himself of a great contract, the max chance at competing for a title, and the ideal city/team/players he wants to play with? I mean, as long as the Bulls offered something that has some value, Minny would be stupid to let him walk for nothing. All Love has to is say, Chicago or no deal.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not saying the Bulls aren't giving a pretty good deal. I'm giving a reason why the national media might be more inclined to look at the Cavs and not the Bulls.

Also: not to stir the pot (looking at you Biggie), Love playing with James is a bigger deal than playing with Rose who has been injured for two seasons.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
interesting tweet from Nikola

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i do admire that Nikola wants to be a Bull through and through

he only stayed in the draft that year so we could draft him

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
i do admire that Nikola wants to be a Bull through and through

he only stayed in the draft that year so we could draft him
...And the only reason that he's here this season is because he had issues with the coach over there.

Bring me Kevin Love!!!!!!!!!

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying the Bulls aren't giving a pretty good deal. I'm giving a reason why the national media might be more inclined to look at the Cavs and not the Bulls.

Also: not to stir the pot (looking at you Biggie), Love playing with James is a bigger deal than playing with Rose who has been injured for two seasons.
Why are you looking at me?

Kevin Love is already a "big deal", which is why teams are willing to mortgage major assets for him. He will shine nationally the moment he leaves Minnesota.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
...And the only reason that he's here this season is because he had issues with the coach over there.

Bring me Kevin Love!!!!!!!!!

i said i'd do the trade

not buying the rumors tho

im still gassed from the Melodrama and dont really feel like buying into it lol

if it happens great we got love....if not then ive already accepted what we have now

Liked Posts:
Chris Sheridan is a reputable sports writer and that's who I am referencing. And in all my years of following the Bulls, they keep their cards very close to their chest. You won't here a peep out of the Bulls camp because that is how they operate. Remember when GarPax secretly flew out to LA to woo Kobe Bryant? No one had a clue that was going on until after the meeting took place.

So, if Minnesota leaks this to Sheridan, is he obligated to report it? Also, if the Bulls are so tight lipped, how can he really confirm this? Consider this while bearing in mind that Minnesota has all the incentive in the world to float erroneous rumors to people who feel obligated to report it.