Bulls offering Mirotic, McDermott and Gibson

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
For Love, per Chris Sheridan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Also, sorry if anyone wanted this in an existing Love thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't there a rule stating you can't trade a player for x amount a days after signing him?

Liked Posts:
This makes more sense than the recycled Taj + Butler + story from before.

Liked Posts:
I raised this issue before but I'm really wondering if there's a Rose and Noah faction on the Bulls. Noah wants the Bulls to go after Anthony but insists they not move Taj. Rose prefers Love and now, as before, Taj is trade bait for getting the guy Rose wants.

I know a lot of people will think it's pre emptive ( ie getting Love so the Cavs don't) but I actually kind of wonder if this is more about appeasing the Rose camp.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering how much the organization seems to like Doug and Nikola, if this rumor was in fact true, I'd say the Bulls are actually making a pretty good effort to trade for Love.

Until then though...probably more leverage.

Liked Posts:
Considering how much the organization seems to like Doug and Nikola, if this rumor was in fact true, I'd say the Bulls are actually making a pretty good effort to trade for Love.

Yeah. It's possible the first leak never got off the runway because it had Taj and Butler and then Minnesota realized they'd need better names involved if Minnesota going to use the Bulls to leverage more out of Cleveland.

Because of what you said, I'm still doubtful. This trade, if true, isn't without risk. If both Mirotic and McDermott turn out to be excellent players, it can backfire. And as you mentioned, they were highly invested in both. I'm still suspicious about how legitimate this is.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
why lose shooters like mirotic and mcbuckets for an inside scorer that we already have?

Even before that they supposedly promised Mirotic they wouldn't trade him. Accuse me of being an elitist buy I think the guy straight from Europe would find it easier to transition to America in a big city with more diversity than Minneapolis. But they have been crowing about adding depth and shooters then they trade both depth and two of the added shooters for an upgrade over Gibson. It really makes no sense even if they end up getting somebody back from Minnesota, whoever they get back would have to be worth the 2 first round picks they gave up for McDermott.

I don't think there's anything to this version nor was MN interested in the first one.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'd pass on this potential deal.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Anyone who gets their hopes up, belongs in a padded room.

Wolves are trying to keep Dieng and still get Wiggins + Bennett from Cleveland. That's all this is, and the Bulls are being used to create leverage.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Man if this trade goes down I wish we went after affalo this trade gives us a weird looking roster

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Maybe it's just me...but I'd rather have depth in Taj/McBuckets/Mirotic...flame away...I think it's too rich.

I actually think this is a better package than CLE's offer though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I might as well say...this bodes well for the Bulls

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
RealGM.com source said that the Timberwolves think this is a better package than what the Cavs are offering :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone who gets their hopes up, belongs in a padded room.

Wolves are trying to keep Dieng and still get Wiggins + Bennett from Cleveland. That's all this is, and the Bulls are being used to create leverage.
Yep, Likely put out by someone from Wolves in order to get Cleveland to move.