Theo VS Cardinals

Liked Posts:
Baseball has so many stupid convoluted rules.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It's not just the pick. I don't have exact figures here but given that they get that pick I'm guessing they also receive revenue sharing in which the cubs actually pay into revenue sharing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't hear the Yankees, Angels, or Dodgers, or even the Sox whining crying and throwing sippie cups.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yet here we are with a thread "Theo vs. Cardinals"

Seems like whining and crying to me.

Is that fisch, the supposed Cubs fan, not having an issue with the Cardinals gaining another (unnecessary) edge on the league? Interesting...

LOL. Yes. I hate the team so much. Just because I don't buy everything as a guarantee means I'm not a Cub fan.

Get lost.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that fisch, the supposed Cubs fan, not having an issue with the Cardinals gaining another (unnecessary) edge on the league? Interesting...

He's a die-hard, man. A true die-hard.
Yet here we are with a thread "Theo vs. Cardinals"

Seems like whining and crying to me.

LOL. Yes. I hate the team so much. Just because I don't buy everything as a guarantee means I'm not a Cub fan.

Get lost.

Did you read the article?

Theo just said they don't need it. I'm sorry I can't change the thread title. I am truly sorry about that. But there is no whining. No crying. No sippy cup throwing, unless you're throwing the sippy cup that you still suck from. Or do you go straight from the nipple?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

right because their success hasnt been due to the fact that their development team is far superior to most mlb clubs. let alone the years of having pujols in his prime, molina, and a great knack for developing pitching. now hypothetically lets give the cubs this "edge" that the cardinals have had....they still would be waiting for a WS ring. quit crying.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a die-hard, man. A true die-hard.

Did you read the article?

Theo just said they don't need it. I'm sorry I can't change the thread title. I am truly sorry about that. But there is no whining. No crying. No sippy cup throwing, unless you're throwing the sippy cup that you still suck from. Or do you go straight from the nipple?

powerful stuff there CO.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
right because their success hasnt been due to the fact that their development team is far superior to most mlb clubs. let alone the years of having pujols in his prime, molina, and a great knack for developing pitching. now hypothetically lets give the cubs this "edge" that the cardinals have had....they still would be waiting for a WS ring. quit crying.

If you actually read the article this line of thought is entirely off base. A) Theo never said the cubs should have an advantage. B) Theo acknowledge the cards were perhaps the best run franchise in baseball. C) He never suggested their run was because of the advantage.

It's hard to say exactly but it reads like a reporter asking him what he thought of the cards getting a compensation pick to which he basically responded they don't need one. I fail to see why there's outrage about this comment. Are we really suggesting the cardinals who were in the world series last year and who are the franchise with the second most titles behind the yankees *need* a competitive advantage?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sorry shouldve given name of thread more thoughts. . Maybe Theo opinion on Cardinals receiving Comp pick would've been better.

Guessing teams in Cardinals division would be only ones who 100% care about them getting that pick , the Brewers Pirates and Reds cant really have a negative opinion on it because their also In that pool..

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the best quotes from one of the best reporters covering the Cubs sums it up:
Hilarious that people believe Theo Epstein is whining when he's actually just pointing out the absurdity of the competitive balance picks
Theo showers the Cardinals with praise & correctly points out a flaw in CBA (not the Cardinals) & somehow that turns into ripping a rival?
https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:

The "edge" I'm referring to is exactly that they have an unfortunately spectacular organization (that's why I said "another")... stop trying to pick fights, tough guy...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
It's hard to say exactly but it reads like a reporter asking him what he thought of the cards getting a compensation pick to which he basically responded they don't need one. I fail to see why there's outrage about this comment. Are we really suggesting the cardinals who were in the world series last year and who are the franchise with the second most titles behind the yankees *need* a competitive advantage?

There is irony to Theo purposefully building a non-competitive team and tanking seasons to get better picks complaining about a rule that was set up to help small market teams to be more competitive.