Fuller and Ferguson in their jerseys.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
egaveba9.jpg

Footballs back. :)

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like that Fuller is taking 23

That number means something to this city. Hope he lives up to it.

Takes big kahonas to wear 23 in Chicago no matter the sport. Now lets hope he's a part of 6 titles lol

Mitchapalooza

Ferguson looks like he's been in the league for 10 years.

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
They both certainly look the part. Fuller looks lean and quick, Ego looks like a beast. Now hope they can perform. I know a lot of people said we reached for Ego, but we still got Sutton in the third and I think the two of them could be essential this year.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ferguson looks like he's been in the league for 10 years.

Imagine what he'll look like next year. That's an imposing figure coming out of college and I he doesn't have that 'enhanced' look.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I have warmed up to Ego myself.A NT is never a sexy pick in the second but a highly athletic NT who is stout against run and has potential to disrupt passer eventually could be a real good thing for the Bears.

Unfortunately, I think that since there was so much second guessing and hand-wringing in the media after the pick about it being a reach and all that combined with the fact that NT don't typically fill up the stat sheet you are constantly going to have people saying "we could have had him later in the draft!" and stupid things that. Not that it matters if he is producing like a NT should so here's hoping that's the case!

Liked Posts:
I have warmed up to Ego myself.A NT is never a sexy pick in the second but a highly athletic NT who is stout against run and has potential to disrupt passer eventually could be a real good thing for the Bears.

I don't know. He came from a defense that averaged giving up a 143 yards vs the run last season. The prior season before Bennie Logan left they only gave up 101 yard average per game vs the run. I still think Logan has been the only DT worth a squat out of LSU the past couple of years. I keep looking at LSU game tape from 2012 & 2013 & I just don't see the big deal with this kid as a 4-3 shade DT from a system at LSU that's similar to what the Bears run. I think he played like a cupcake at LSU.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. He came from a defense that averaged giving up a 143 yards vs the run last season. The prior season before Bennie Logan left they only gave up 101 yard average per game vs the run. I still think Logan has been the only DT worth a squat out of LSU the past couple of years. I keep looking at LSU game tape from 2012 & 2013 & I just don't see the big deal with this kid as a 4-3 shade DT from a system at LSU that's similar to what the Bears run. I think he played like a cupcake at LSU.

While I hope you're wrong, kudos to you for going back and watching your tape yourself and coming up with your own evaluation. Unfortunately I've not done that so I'm in no position to disagree; I will be getting my first look at him when the season starts.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's definitely a project but was projected about where drafted because of it. I don't think we should expect much more than a rotational body until next season after a year of coaching and lower body work. At least he's big enough to help in the middle if needed. I think coming in and learning with Sutton who's got some chops could help as well. Both will get a lot of that lower body work next off season.

Liked Posts:
While I hope you're wrong, kudos to you for going back and watching your tape yourself and coming up with your own evaluation. Unfortunately I've not done that so I'm in no position to disagree; I will be getting my first look at him when the season starts.

The Fuller pick is the one warming up to. At first I was a little down & out, but he is a good DB. I'm hoping having him will eventually lead to tight coverage, & allow the Bears to bring some extra pressure on the QB. The Ferguson pick baffles me, but still at the end of the day it's just an opinion that doesn't hold anymore weight than anyone else's on here.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
The Fuller pick is the one warming up to. At first I was a little down & out, but he is a good DB. I'm hoping having him will eventually lead to tight coverage, & allow the Bears to bring some extra pressure on the QB. The Ferguson pick baffles me, but still at the end of the day it's just an opinion that doesn't hold anymore weight than anyone else's on here.

You might be forgetting the fat guys that blog from their moms basement. Point taken however.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I think that since there was so much second guessing and hand-wringing in the media after the pick about it being a reach and all that combined with the fact that NT don't typically fill up the stat sheet you are constantly going to have people saying "we could have had him later in the draft!" and stupid things that. Not that it matters if he is producing like a NT should so here's hoping that's the case!

If he and Sutton were swithced (Sutton 2nd Ego 3rd) half the analysts would of had no problem with it. Same goes with Jones and O'Donnell if they were switched they would have said we would dominated the draft.