CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That is true. The only thing they have done is lose. Hopefully that will change soon, or they should be gone when their contracts are up.
They should be gone when the owners feel that they haven't fulfilled what the ownership wanted them to accomplish. I'm sure they set goals that include other items than W-L, especially after taking over a bad team loaded with bad contracts and a farm system that didn't have top prospects.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If by "we haven't done anything" he is actually saying; "we shitcanned our talent - check, tanked season in the hopes of being the worst - check, and gambled with losing our fanbase to put together a some prospects - check", then yes, I agree, he hasn't done anything other than that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If by "we haven't done anything" he is actually saying; "we shitcanned our talent - check, tanked season in the hopes of being the worst - check, and gambled with losing our fanbase to put together a some prospects - check", then yes, I agree, he hasn't done anything other than that.

And if they win with the new talent the fans will come back.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I still can't believe we got rid of zambrano and soriano and others. Would've been a playoff team!!!

---> Sent from above.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Epstein honest?

refreshing.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Epstein honest?

refreshing.

When has he been anything other than honest? He never put any kind of timeline on competing. Ricketts is the one who's making delusional comments.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I still can't believe we got rid of zambrano and soriano and others. Would've been a playoff team!!!

---> Sent from above.

you are using tunnel vision. it is a lot more than that.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

diavolos

Liked Posts:

luckily for the cubs, there's a new sucker born every minute. some of them post on this very site. because you have to lose to win. winning at some point in the future. we all know that.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When are the new signs getting put up that were approved?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:

Exactly. And it will be ridiculous. People thinks Red Sox, Patriots, Yankees, Heat fans are bad...... Wait until the Cubs win just once.... everyone and their mom will be Cubs fans and every other head in America will don a Cubs hat.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

I'll be a Cubs fan for life.

And I admit I still go to games - although no where near the amount I did when I was a STH.\.

I think one thing people (non Cubs fans) will have a very difficult time having any leverage in saying is that Cubs fans are fair weather fans...

But being a "real fan" doesn't mean you HAVE to be OK with the method boy blunder is using. Doens't mean you HAVE to be Ok with losing.

In fact, I'd argue that if you're not pissed that we suck so bad, you need to rethink what sports are all about.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

And I admit I still go to games - although no where near the amount I did when I was a STH.\.

I think one thing people (non Cubs fans) will have a very difficult time having any leverage in saying is that Cubs fans are fair weather fans...

But being a "real fan" doesn't mean you HAVE to be OK with the method boy blunder is using. Doens't mean you HAVE to be Ok with losing.

In fact, I'd argue that if you're not pissed that we suck so bad, you need to rethink what sports are all about.

In the end it they put up a winning product that leads to a world series shot I'll deal.

2008 had a strong line up but was too RH heavy and no legit ace.

2003 was a jinx. Cubs had the momentum until the curse kicked in. Swear that stuff made me think there is something to it. That team gets by Fla and watch out.

I'm ok with building up a line up through the farm. Lower resource that opens up payroll for pitching. As we have seen they can pick solid hitting prospects.

With the arm injuries happening I would rather have them spend on battle tested arms vs aging bats. More cost effective strat.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

So even when he tries to stop people from praising the job he is doing, you still feel it necessary to jump in and criticize?

It's like piling on when a guy makes a joke at his own expense.

Give it up!

And if you think a fan base will be lost when the Cubs start winning you're crazy. You're a critic, yet you're still here.

They win, the fans will flock. Guaranteed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Exactly. And it will be ridiculous. People thinks Red Sox, Patriots, Yankees, Heat fans are bad...... Wait until the Cubs win just once.... everyone and their mom will be Cubs fans and every other head in America will don a Cubs hat.

Good lord, you're already starting the "fair weather" argument?

I have been a Cub fan for 50 years. I haven't been to a game in a long time. But I watch now when I can, especially to see a certain few young guys that will be there in the coming years.

When they start winning, if some douchebag calls me a fair weather fan, I'll cut his balls off. I have seen more foul weather than most sports fans can imagine.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

No one saying we have to be ok with it or accept the losing

Its just get annoying reading the same piss fest over n over every week, every month in the same season.

their suck ass record for the season not going to change.
What they decided to do 2 yrs ago, not going to change.
Not signing those big FAs the last 2 yrs. not going to change.

No matter how much we still piss n moan about it today next
Week or next month

You mentioned about being a real fan or fair weather one

I think real fans no matter how bad a season is will look for positive to root for..
Seriously how can a fan not be excited for castro and rizzo turnaround.
The pitching of Arrieta.
Not be excited about having a couple of real hot prospects real close to joining the club

Its obvious this team has alot going for them going forward
might as well embrace it and enjoy the rise
Instead of constantly pissn n moaning about what they did or didn't do in the past

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
So even when he tries to stop people from praising the job he is doing, you still feel it necessary to jump in and criticize?

It's like piling on when a guy makes a joke at his own expense.

Give it up!

And if you think a fan base will be lost when the Cubs start winning you're crazy. You're a critic, yet you're still here.

They win, the fans will flock. Guaranteed.

Exactly, Theo said the only factual thing that any Sox can bring to the table, yet here they are ..... doing what they do best, complain about the Cubs. If they are such real baseball fans, then why the fuck are they not on their MB talking about their young players that are tearing up the MLB???? :shrug:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
That is true. The only thing they have done is lose. Hopefully that will change soon, or they should be gone when their contracts are up.

Yeah, intelligent. I'm sure Rickett's is totally pissed at them for taking the heat during a 4 year rebuild?