Report: Bulls promised not to trade Nikola Mirotic

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, but wasn't the offer Wiggins, Bennett, Waiters, and picks? That's at least as good as Taj, Mirotic, and McDermott (plus picks). There's way more upside there and just as much starting talent. Our draft picks aren't any better than the Cavs...they'll both be low 1sts.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then. I think that Mirotic and McDermott alone are better than Wiggins and Bennett and Taj is way better than Waiters. BEsides, I really REALLY doubt that Mirotic gets traded.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
so you want to say that if Minnesota asked you right now to trade Love for Mirotic straight up you would just sit there and tell them no because you told some guy who hasn't played a minute of professional basketball you won't trade him? Especially when in his contract it says that if he gets traded he gets an extra 2.4million dollars.

If you really think that there will be a straight up trade, I'll answer that question. Dude, get this through your fuckin head. I never stated anything about a trade to you. I only stated that the Bulls and Niko might think differently than you. But you are too fuckin stupid to realize that, and want to ask me these stupid questions? Now go fuck off!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Did anyone ever think that maybe Love doesn't want to come to the Bulls? I bet none of you even considered that!

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
BP, I have and I honestly am not that enamored with him. He's a stat filler on a perpetually bad team. Who has had his fairshare of injuries throughout his career. And could you imagine with hate he'd get given what's happened with Rose if he was on the Bulls during the 11-12 & 12-13 seasons when he missed 79 of a possible 148 games for the T-Wolves. Given his history he's going to suffer another injury and given that we'd have to trade for him and trade the farm it would be a nightmare with all the bitching.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It seems that you simply don't want to give up Mirotic for him.

Niko for Love would be one thing ...... I'm not a big fan of Niko, Doug, and Taj for Love. BIG difference. I've also never been totally in Love with Love's game. People that know me...know that I'm never a big fan of trading half my team for one player.

I believe in the San Antonio "team" model much more than the LJ homie model. That's just me, I'm old fashioned. I see no loyalty and willingness to overcome with the younger generation. I'd rather be the underdog and shock the world.

I remember the Bulls taking 3-4 years to overcome the Pistons. It was kinda of a passing of the torch. Today, the homies at the AS game hook up. I don't like anything about it. It fuckin disgusts me that the Loser Minny team is gonna play right into their hands as well. Fuckin Losers.

I like the Bulls team now. If Rose comes back 75% plus, I think we can win it. I've said a 1000 times that Thib's is our secret weapon. Furthermore, I hope Love goes to GS. Why wouldn't he want to go home and have a chance to win? I question that!

If he does, we'll beat the Cavs easy, imo. Love would make it harder if he goes to the Cavs, but they're not the same team as the Heat was, imo.

Bottom line is tired of hearing about these fuckin players and their rumors, and I wanna play some ball.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It seems that you simply don't want to give up Mirotic for him.

And yes, I do like Niko. I wouldn't be surprised if Niko and Dougie make us forget all about Love moving forward. Hold me to that if you want...I'll Man up, especially with you. I also think Wiggins is soft, but what do I know? :shrug:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
BP, I may not agree with you, but your opinion is a fair one.

I personally don't want to rely on two NBA rookies. As of now, this team lacks a legit #2 option while most title contenders are attempting to add a #3 option to their two superstars.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anyone ever think that maybe Love doesn't want to come to the Bulls? I bet none of you even considered that!

Anything's possible. Melo didn't. Why he'd go to Cleveland, though, doesn't make a lot of sense. Hell, I'd play out my contract before I'd intentionally go to Cleveland.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
BP, I have and I honestly am not that enamored with him. He's a stat filler on a perpetually bad team. Who has had his fairshare of injuries throughout his career. And could you imagine with hate he'd get given what's happened with Rose if he was on the Bulls during the 11-12 & 12-13 seasons when he missed 79 of a possible 148 games for the T-Wolves. Given his history he's going to suffer another injury and given that we'd have to trade for him and trade the farm it would be a nightmare with all the bitching.

Don't bring any bad Karma, we don't need that my friend. Especially with Pau! I believe Pau will be a huge favorite soon. I'm a huge fan of cerebral and talented guys. He fits that bill. He's the 1st big post up scorer the Bulls have had in Yeeeeeaaaaars.

Pau, posting up on offense at the end of games, with Taj and Noah crashing the boards, is gonna be Beautiful, especially with our defensive pressure. That's just Pau. Niko is gonna be great as well. These guys will click, imo.

Do you guys remember the days when the Celts were good with Bird and gang? I remember them passing the ball like they were the fuckin Harlem Globetrotters. I remember MJ chasing them around only to see one last pass to the wide open guy for 3.

I see that coming, and I see Dougie shooting a bunch of 3's. I predict Doug might start before too long. Call me a homer or whatever, but I don't think we need to give up all that for Love. I think Pau, alone, can give us 70% of what Love can. Throw in Taj and Dougie........

Let's play Ball!!

Edit: To the web designer...fix the fuckin line height of the big text!!! It shouldn't cut the letters off. Rookie shit. Set the line height ... line-height: 1.25 and you'll always be fine! Duh.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
BP, I may not agree with you, but your opinion is a fair one.

I personally don't want to rely on two NBA rookies. As of now, this team lacks a legit #2 option while most title contenders are attempting to add a #3 option to their two superstars.

Relying on two rookie is also a fair concern. However, they are depth, and not expected to dominate right away. They will get better is what I'm looking at. Yes I know Love is 25.

I do believe fully that Pau is our #2 guy. I'm assuming you mean scorer. Heck, he still averaged 17+ last year, in an injury, unhappy, lowlife season for the lakers that is. There must have been a reason that Kobe wanted Pau around in previous negotiations!

I'm not sure what you think is a #2 guy is, but 20+ points would fill that order for me on a top defensive team like the Bulls. Then there's the two rooks you mention, Doug and Niko. Can these guys score?

Maybe it'll come down to Love vs Niko and Dougie McBuckets? :dunno: But until then, stay tuned ........

Same Bull channel ...
Same Bull time ...
:bullbang:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Why should these Euro players be given special treatment, if the Bulls were stupid enough to promise Mirotic they wouldn't trade him that would be total mismanagement. Last time I checked Reinsdorf said he only had one untradeable player and MJ has been retired for years.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Why should these Euro players be given special treatment, if the Bulls were stupid enough to promise Mirotic they wouldn't trade him that would be total mismanagement. Last time I checked Reinsdorf said he only had one untradeable player and MJ has been retired for years.

Last time I checked, Euro players are a big part of the NBA today. Uh, San Antonio......... the Bulls were one of the first teams to cling to this as well, drafting Kukoc. If you can't see that 'setting a bad example' could hurt the Bulls moving forward with Euro player negotiations, then I suggest you stick with flippin burgers.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone really believe that 34 year old Pao Gasol can average 20 and 10 for the Chicago Bulls? No way. He'll be lucky to put up Boozer's numbers. He scored that much last year because........well......... the Lakers had NOBODY ELSE! Gasol is just a replacement for Boozer at a lower cost.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Does anyone really believe that 34 year old Pao Gasol can average 20 and 10 for the Chicago Bulls? No way. He'll be lucky to put up Boozer's numbers. He scored that much last year because........well......... the Lakers had NOBODY ELSE! Gasol is just a replacement for Boozer at a lower cost.

I'm sorry, but this really shows how fuckin stupid you are. "The Lakers had nothing" .... no shit Sherlock, that's why teams could double him in the post. Yet these were STILL his stats, in an injury year, playing only 60 games....

GPMIN/GPPGREB/GAST/GFG %

So YES! As the PRIMARY post up option for a deep, and talented Bulls team, I suspect that 20-10 is not that far fuckin fetched. Dude, you're a fuckin idiot, and the biggest reason I log off this MB sometimes! As far as I'm concerned, you need to GTFO!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sorry, but this really shows how fuckin stupid you are. "The Lakers had nothing" .... no shit Sherlock, that's why teams could double him in the post. Yet these were STILL his stats, in an injury year, playing only 60 games....

GP MIN/G PPG REB/G AST/G FG %
60 31.4 17.4 9.7 3.4 48.0

So YES! As the PRIMARY post up option for a deep, and talented Bulls team, I suspect that 20-10 is not that far fuckin fetched. Dude, you're a fuckin idiot, and the biggest reason I log off this MB sometimes! As far as I'm concerned, you need to GTFO!

You really have a problem don't you? Take a valium or whatever shit you take, okay? Gasol will not average 20/10 with the Bulls. That is my opinion and have a decent argument why he won't. He won't get the minutes to amass this because he will have to split time with Gibson and Noah and possibly Mirotic. He is also injury prone which they will have to deal with also. It is extremely hard for any 34 year old player to average 20/10 in a year. Especially a big man since it is not a big man's game anymore. How many center/PFs in the NBA right now average that? Do a little research and come back to us with your report:)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is extremely hard for any 34 year old player to average 20/10 in a year.
Yes this is true...age does matter, however...

Especially a big man since it is not a big man's game anymore. How many center/PFs in the NBA right now average that?
This doesn't happen much because big men today suck, not entirely because the game is more wing dominated (which does play a factor). Gasol has been one of the best post players in the last decade, if any big man at that age can average 20/10 at 34, it would be him. Now, I agree with you that he won't because of minutes and the like, but per 36 stats, he may be right there. In terms of production/efficiency of scoring, I would expect that to be consistent with how he played in the past couple years, even if his volume is a bit lower.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Last time I checked, Euro players are a big part of the NBA today. Uh, San Antonio......... the Bulls were one of the first teams to cling to this as well, drafting Kukoc. If you can't see that 'setting a bad example' could hurt the Bulls moving forward with Euro player negotiations, then I suggest you stick with flippin burgers.
In your crusade to be a dick you are missing the point. Euro players aren't any more valuable than domestic players so they shouldn't need to be babied every step of the way. Teams have to invest draft picks and then wait years for them to finally decide if they want to come over. Then they have to invest millions to pay off the euro teams to finally get them over here.

I see first round players traded all the time so outside of being funny, tell me why any european player that wants to come to the NBA must be promised that he won't be treated like any other team asset?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes this is true...age does matter, however...

This doesn't happen much because big men today suck, not entirely because the game is more wing dominated (which does play a factor). Gasol has been one of the best post players in the last decade, if any big man at that age can average 20/10 at 34, it would be him. Now, I agree with you that he won't because of minutes and the like, but per 36 stats, he may be right there. In terms of production/efficiency of scoring, I would expect that to be consistent with how he played in the past couple years, even if his volume is a bit lower.

We will see. I think that it is one big pipe dream about Gasol. I watched him play being out here with the Lakers a bit and he is not nearly the player that he once was. He is breaking down. As a big guy off of the bench spelling Noah and Gibson he can be a valuable guy. So was Boozer when you think about it(forget last year). He took a lot of shit(some pretty deserving) but he averaged about 16-17 a game with the Bulls and was a very good rebounder. I think that right now, at this point in his career, Gasol is slightly better than Boozer was.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We will see. I think that it is one big pipe dream about Gasol. I watched him play being out here with the Lakers a bit and he is not nearly the player that he once was. He is breaking down. As a big guy off of the bench spelling Noah and Gibson he can be a valuable guy. So was Boozer when you think about it(forget last year). He took a lot of shit(some pretty deserving) but he averaged about 16-17 a game with the Bulls and was a very good rebounder. I think that right now, at this point in his career, Gasol is slightly better than Boozer was.
I...agree? I'm not saying Pau will dominate the post, I'm just saying that he can score in the post well...as in a lot more of his shots will be near the rim than Boozer. So stats wise, he may be fairly similar to Boozer, but he's gonna look better because more of his shots will be near the rim rather than 17ft out.