Love Demands Trade to Cavaliers [trade official]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
There's not really anything wrong with the way he left. I thought it was pretty professional.

I will say that,while this wasn't the prevalent factor, the fact that the Heat lost to the Spurs played a role in LeBron returning home. I have a harder time thinking he leaves Miami if they win a 3rd straight title. I think in that case he would have came back to Cleveland but not until the end of his career, which is what I thought he was going to do.

Exactly, it's like he got spanked by the Spurs and gave up. It just seems weak to me, and he justified it by "going home". There's just no loyalty and perseverance in that to me.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly, it's like he got spanked by the Spurs and gave up. It just seems weak to me, and he justified it by "going home". There's just no loyalty and perseverance in that to me.

I don't think he gave up,per se, but it's hard to argue that didn't tip him in the Cleveland direction at least a little. I think LeBron has had Cleveland in the back of his mind for a few years(I remember him saying how he would be interested in coming back to Cleveland a year or two back). He misses it and he probably feels bad that he wasn't able to give them a championship(I hardly fault him for that because the FO didn't do a very good job of getting guys to Cleveland, but then again its Cleveland lol).

I don't think it's so black and white of a decision to say that losing to the Spurs is the reason he came back, and saying he's going home is a justification. I think he genuinely feels more comfortable in Ohio and the Cleveland area where he basically lived for 25 years.

People would probably feel a little differently if they put themselves in his shoes, IMO. Would you stay in Miami? Maybe you would, but for how long afterwards? Wade is a shell of his former self and Bosh can only do so much. Ray Allen was considering retirement, and the rest of the team is a bit hard to gauge. I don't see how staying around for another year or so and then leaving is much different than him leaving now. Maybe it means he gives Miami another chance to win a title? I don't know if I see it like that.

I would probably go back to Cleveland,honestly.

Liked Posts:
I agree part of the reason he went back to Cleveland is the fact Dwade was getting flabby n sick (he could come back with a vengance next season though) and Bosh being 1-dimensional (his role will get bigger this season though). 4 straight years in the finals can take alot out of you, and the coming angle helps his public image, although he did see a younger roster with Cleveland and he is in a better position to win than in Miami

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Well that's the reason we don't agree here. You worry about being "good"...I've stated in the past that they were good...I am thinking about winning championships.

And you think Joe Johnson's a championship caliber player? C'mon maaaaan. Joe's been stealing millions of dollars for a while now.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Man, you guys are like fly's on shit.....No, your just too lazy to read what I wrote. I haven't pointed out anything? How about the interview with Pax on Waddle and Silvy for starters? Do you remember that DBag? I posted it three fuckin times for your dumbass ....... until you listen to that, you're not worth responding to.

Yeah. Ive thought of that EVERY time someone says, "we have too many PFs, and no SG!! :X" I thought it was well established that we just need players that fit Thib's system. Its getting repetitive.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I disagree with everyone on this point. How could he have known that it woulde worked out so well for him? Without K-Love , the cave are much worse. Same if Wiggins doesnt come out and knock everyones socks off. Idk why, but I feel like maybe he got tired of being the billain and was satisfied with more MVP trophys and a better public image vs maybe a championshipship with Miami. It just worked out well for him.

If I were LBJ, I would stay in Miami, simply because I screwed Wade out of millions of dollars. That was a shitty move by him no matter how you look at it. No way Wade is cool with that.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Says the guy who's a Cubs & Vikings fan. GTFO what'd you know about players wanting to win?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I disagree with everyone on this point. How could he have known that it woulde worked out so well for him? Without K-Love , the cave are much worse. Same if Wiggins doesnt come out and knock everyones socks off. Idk why, but I feel like maybe he got tired of being the billain and was satisfied with more MVP trophys and a better public image vs maybe a championshipship with Miami. It just worked out well for him.

If I were LBJ, I would stay in Miami, simply because I screwed Wade out of millions of dollars. That was a shitty move by him no matter how you look at it. No way Wade is cool with that.

Wade screwed Wade out of millions of dollars. That is a very bad argument for staying in Miami.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Ive thought of that EVERY time someone says, "we have too many PFs, and no SG!! :X" I thought it was well established that we just need players that fit Thib's system. Its getting repetitive.

The Bulls losing to LeBron is getting repetitive too. This focus on defense and jump shots has blinded Bulls fans to what championship basketball is all about. San Antonio has it figured out.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
The Bulls losing to LeBron is getting repetitive too. This focus on defense and jump shots has blinded Bulls fans to what championship basketball is all about. San Antonio has it figured out.

You mean, the team led by three future HOf'ers? Call me when Chicago has developed any player that far.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
he didnt screw anybody out of millions of dollars

if wade wanted the money he opted out of he could have easily got it and then some....he took less on his own accord

just look at Bosh...they gave him 118m....you dont think Wade could have got more?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, LeBron was pretty unlucky for like seven years. No one wanted to go to Cleveland except guys like Mo Williams and an old and bloated Shaq. The fact that he actually got one of those teams to the NBA finals is really damn impressive. Everyone wants to join LeBron now not necessarily because he's just the best player in the world, but because he has proven he can win championships.

Here's the thing: if Lebron were on the Bulls, everyone would be celebrating the fact that LeBron is helping get all of these guys to Chicago.
This

Kizzle

Find me Realcavsfans.com
Liked Posts:
Just wanted to say s/o to the Bulls and I hope there are years of fun games between us coming up. I'm a Cavs fan btw. I love Thibbs and I love Rose and Butler. But with the addition of Love, at least on paper, the Cavs are the squad to beat. Everybody likes to point to defense of the Cavs individuals being lacking. But as we all know a good coach can coach a team of smart players to play great team D. No good team with a good coach has ever lost a series because one guy couldn't guard one other guy. I also feel our main 2 culprits in Kyrie and love just didn't put in effort on D these last couple years. Idk about Love but I know Kyrie can lock up, because he did it every now and again in big games for Cleveland.

I believe Cavs and Bulls will be one and 2 seeds all year with Bulls taking one seed eventually. Hopefully we met in the ECF because we owe Noah one for all that trash talkin he's been doing

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Don't recall ever saying that.

You're arguing that Joe's more athletic than Jimmy. That we'd be better suited to win a championship/more successful with Joe Johnson at the two than Jimmy Butler. And Joe might have more athletic ability but he does not have the goods to be a champion. Isn't that what you and pride are going back and forth over? It's what I gleamed from the exchange. I viamently disagree if it is because we've all seen Joe over the course of his terrible contract with ATL & now Brooklyn. For what he's giving he's not worth the extra 21 million.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're arguing that Joe's more athletic than Jimmy. That we'd be better suited to win a championship/more successful with Joe Johnson at the two than Jimmy Butler. And Joe might have more athletic ability but he does not have the goods to be a champion. Isn't that what you and pride are going back and forth over? It's what I gleamed from the exchange. I viamently disagree if it is because we've all seen Joe over the course of his terrible contract with ATL & now Brooklyn. For what he's giving he's not worth the extra 21 million.

His argument was for an athletic shooting guard as in Joe JOhnson TYPE.