Love Demands Trade to Cavaliers [trade official]

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kyrie Irving signs and extension with CLE. LBJ signs with CLE. Love wants to be traded to CLE.

When did CLE become L.A. again?

You already answered your own question.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You already answered your own question.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2
nba_a_james_b2_576.jpg

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I don't think there are many alternate usernames on the Bulls board. I don't know why you keep bringing this up.
I've posted on message boards long enough to recognize alternate accounts. There are several that post on this board from time to time.

And people seem to confuse trolling for just bad posting.
Anytime23 trolls.....Firsttimer trolls....

Hell, this website gives out an award for 'Troll of the year'. True story....lol.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've posted on message boards long enough to recognize alternate accounts. There are several that post on this board from time to time.

SP94 is one of the few I can think of that had alternate accounts. You think guys like The Hawk,JimJohnson,ChiSoxCity,CavsFan,2323, have alternate accounts? Who are you talking about here? It's hardly overwhelming noise.

Anytime23 trolls.....Firsttimer trolls....

Hell, this website gives out an award for 'Troll of the year'. True story....lol.

I haven't seen Anytime really troll that much, and even if he does from time to time, he's a quality poster. He's not providing "overwhelming noise" or whatever you're talking about. Same with FT, who posts less frequently here than he used to anyways.

Obviously there are trolls on this board, but it's not an issue. Most people that troll either are actually quality posters who joke around or they're not really taken seriously. The Troll of the Year award is kind of a joke anyways.

Last edited:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
SP94 is one of the few I can think of that had alternate accounts. You think guys like The Hawk,JimJohnson,ChiSoxCity,CavsFan,2323, have alternate accounts? Who are you talking about here? It's hardly overwhelming noise.
Let's just agree to disagree on this point. I've given examples in the past. I'm not gonna start posting usernames today because I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble.

I haven't Anytime really troll that much, and even if he does from time to time, he's a quality poster. He's not providing "overwhelming noise" or whatever you're talking about.
He pops his head in to bait posters into flame wars.

Same with FT, who posts less frequently here than he used to anyways.
One of the biggest trolls on CCS.

Obviously there are trolls on this board, but it's not an issue. Most people that troll either are actually quality posters who joke around or they're not really taken seriously. The Troll of the Year award is kind of a joke anyways.
I like Spartan.

I'm gonna log out now so the lurkers can do their typical shit and post about me after they see me log out =) .

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's just agree to disagree on this point. I've given examples in the past. I'm not gonna start posting usernames today because I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble.

Mmmk.

He pops his head in to bait posters into flame wars.

Do you really think Anytime is the one causing problems on this board?

One of the biggest trolls on CCS.
He's also one of the best posters on CCS. He's a bit pedantic, but I've had very good discussions with him. He's not the problem with the Bulls board.

I like Spartan..
Just be careful when you're discussing vaccines with him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's no reason to merge threads if guys will simply post in existing threads. Anyway, the mods never merge anything.
The mods do occasionally merge threads. When they choose to do so is up to them, but it has happened multiple times in the past. Quick example, the summer league thread and the Carmelo threads were merged. If you really want this thread to disappear so bad, just ask a mod to do it. If they see it as valid, they'll do it no problem. I guess it can merge with the Bulls push Love thread. Or we can just have a giant Kevin Love thread, whatever. Imo, it's even easier to discuss with a couple different threads because then you can focus on specific aspects without having to wade through an entire discussion on something else.

The Bears board has 1000X more activity, thus it's able to absorb some nonsense. The board is big enough for serious discussions and the trolling that takes place.
The Bears board also absorbed another huge Bears forum. Many of the posters there are from CBMB. There's also a lot of crap that goes on in that forum that is far worse than one extra Kevin Love thread. Not sure if you were around for that, but there were many many complaints about the Bears forum. Too many threads, too many trolls, too many whatevers. That forum is not perfect even if it does receive a lot more attention than all the other forums.

Fuck you. You decided to jump into the middle of a discussion I was having with another poster.
What discussion? All you said was that this thread was unnecessary and that activity was flatlining on the board. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Perhaps it was directed at Fisch, but if so, that was hardly a discussion seeing as he never talked to you. If anything, you were having a "discussion" with me already. Which you started by the way.

Just because the OP is popular, it doesn't mean he's above criticism. This thread should have never been made.
I suppose you're now the authority of when threads should and shouldn't exist. But you are right, no one is above criticism. Fisch, why'd you make this thread you dummy. :kermit:

If you truly cared about quality, you wouldn't be encouraging the nonsense that happens on this board. The few solid posters here are drowned out by the overwhelming noise made by the trolls and alternate usernames.
What nonsense am I encouraging? This isn't the first time a topic has had several threads. What noise is drowning out solid posters? From my experience here, most of the people who post here are solid. I can name every solid poster on this board and I assure you they are not drowned out by trolls and alternate accounts (who the heck has alternate accounts anyway?). I consider you part of that group, chill out a little and enjoy the fact that there's even stuff going on. The period after free agency is generally dead for basketball until training camp.

You guys seem to be afraid of real basketball discussions, thus you guys try to run off anyone new that attempts to raise the bar here.
Your claim has no ground. Who is "you guys" and who is trying to raise the bar that has been run off? I personally have done nothing of the sort and I always have "real basketball discussions"...you know this. I'm guessing you're probably referring to someone like Hou since you guys seem to have a bit of a beef with each other. I haven't see a poster get run out of here like you claim.

Liked Posts:
Is Derrick not recruiting his own friend because he's scared of Lebrons aura?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Cavs are gonna end up keeping Wiggins

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Seems like bad PR if true. Why demand a trade to the Cavs now? Why not do it before Wiggins was signed so the Wolves wouldn't have to wait 30 days? That makes it easier on them and it probably means that Love doesn't quit team USA(although, I don't see why he really has to quit the team because of this bullshit, but whatever).

Love demands a trade to the Cavs, Minnesota doesn't have the advantage of using multiple competitors to drive up Love's value. Minnesota knows they need to get something out of Love, and Cavs have Wiggins on the table, who Minnesota wants. The Wolves wanted more than the Cavs offered in reality because they think with other teams vying for Love such as the Bulls(?) and Warriors, they can get back more.

I don't see why Love would need to wait to make this declaration through his agent. What has really changed for Love since LBJ went to Cleveland and the Cavs expressed interest in Love? Seemed like at that point, Love was pretty set on going to Cleveland, and he still is.

This is a good question.......... I think Love may be getting tired with the rumors that Minny keeps throwing out. They're going back and forth it seems, and getting nowhere. So maybe Love is like wtf, if I have to be this way, then I'll demand a fuckin trade, now get er done. :shrug:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Cavs are gonna end up keeping Wiggins

If so, then they fucked up. They should have made the trade long ago, and this would be an example of being too greedy. And as I said, it could be the reason Love has come out now demanding the trade.

Personally, I still think we can beat the Cavs with Love, but I've been rooting for GS to land him cuz I never believed he was coming our way.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
So LeBron appears to be helping his home area and a young team out so they can grow together and earn a title. Then, in less than 2 weeks it now appears that he was just looking to trade in the old "Big 3" for a new, younger model "Big 3". Fuck you, LeBron. The Spurs will deny you again next June.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Seems like bad PR if true. Why demand a trade to the Cavs now? Why not do it before Wiggins was signed so the Wolves wouldn't have to wait 30 days? That makes it easier on them and it probably means that Love doesn't quit team USA(although, I don't see why he really has to quit the team because of this bullshit, but whatever).

Love demands a trade to the Cavs, Minnesota doesn't have the advantage of using multiple competitors to drive up Love's value. Minnesota knows they need to get something out of Love, and Cavs have Wiggins on the table, who Minnesota wants. The Wolves wanted more than the Cavs offered in reality because they think with other teams vying for Love such as the Bulls(?) and Warriors, they can get back more.

I don't see why Love would need to wait to make this declaration through his agent. What has really changed for Love since LBJ went to Cleveland and the Cavs expressed interest in Love? Seemed like at that point, Love was pretty set on going to Cleveland, and he still is.

IF he really demanded a trade to Cleveland, it makes sense for him to do it. Cleveland can now undercut the offer and Minny has to agree to it. Love will go to a team with the same group plus probably Wiggins.

No one else will agree to trade for Love if Love basically tells anyone that he is either going to Cleveland or will be on a one-year loan.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
IF he really demanded a trade to Cleveland, it makes sense for him to do it. Cleveland can now undercut the offer and Minny has to agree to it. Love will go to a team with the same group plus probably Wiggins.
Ok. I think you're on to something with Wiggins. Perhaps it is easier to negotiate a deal sans Wiggins if Wiggins can't be traded for 30 days either. If Love truly wants to go to Cleveland, they have their hands tied and if Cleveland offers a deal with,say, Thompson,Bennett,1st,etc. then Minnesota might take it and not want this to drag out.

But,like I noted earlier, the issue with him saying through his agent he prefers Cleveland and won't go to any other team now rather than earlier is that this has affected his status with Team USA. If he makes this proclamation earlier, and Cleveland offers the same package they did before Wiggins was signed, Minnesota would have probably accepted and Love would have been a Cavalier. Hell, with that leverage, they could have offered the deal I indicated above(sans Wiggins) and Minnesota would have probably still accepted. Thus, since Love's situation is not in flux, he doesn't leave Team USA, and Wiggins stays with the Cavs. (The Wolves could always hold out until in-season, but why would any other team be looking for Love if he may not commit? They don't want a Dwight Howard-Lakers scenario.)

My point is that Love could have established this from the start and made things easier IMO, and he wouldn't risk not being on team USA.

By the way(as is fairly obvious if you read both this post and the previous one) I am not saying it doesn't make sense for Love to demand a trade altogether. I am saying the timing is not good.

No one else will agree to trade for Love if Love basically tells anyone that he is either going to Cleveland or will be on a one-year loan.
Exactly. This could have been established from the start and made things easier. I'm not sure you got the gist of my post.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is a good question.......... I think Love may be getting tired with the rumors that Minny keeps throwing out. They're going back and forth it seems, and getting nowhere. So maybe Love is like wtf, if I have to be this way, then I'll demand a fuckin trade, now get er done. :shrug:

Yeah, I guess Love felt reluctant about publicly demanding a trade but now I guess he just wants to cut to the chase and get this done. But, as I've said in the previous two posts, having his situation still in flux made him pull out of the Team USA. The fact is that it's gone nowhere because Cleveland doesn't have the necessary leverage to get Minnesota to accept their deals. They wouldn't take Wiggins,Bennett, and a 1st, but they probably would have taken something similar if Love had already said "I want to go to Cleveland"

The fact is, he had the ability to give Cleveland the leverage to get this done earlier, and he waited. IMO, he should have pulled this card from the start, because it's pretty obvious he has wanted to go to Cleveland since LBJ decided to come back home.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Show me the quote from Kevin Love stating his desire to be traded to Cleveland.

If that Kevin Love quote can not be provided, then this is a dumb irrelevant and redundant thread.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Maybe his agent just leaked this on purpose to drive down what Minnesota wants :shrug: I remember in May when Carmelo supposedly wanted to go to the Bulls....

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Show me the quote from Kevin Love stating his desire to be traded to Cleveland.

If that Kevin Love quote can not be provided, then this is a dumb irrelevant and redundant thread.

There's no direct quote, this is just according to sources. Obviously, nothing has been totally confirmed, which is why I said in my first post on this thread that this is a bad move IF TRUE. With that said, I would not be the least bit surprised if this were true. It makes sense. It's pretty obvious Love wants to be in Cleveland.

Question: Would you feel the same way about this if Love was "demanding a trade" to Chicago? Seriously...

By the way,this is not a dumb,irrelevant, and redundant thread. I do agree this should be merged, if that's what you mean, but the content of this thread is hardly any of the adjectives you listed. Not everything has to be confirmed to be under discussion.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe his agent just leaked this on purpose to drive down what Minnesota wants :shrug: I remember in May when Carmelo supposedly wanted to go to the Bulls....

I think it's possible that

1.Love is sick and tired of all this talking and nothing getting done(as Bear Pride mentioned), so he and his agent decide to pull the trump card to get this deal done faster.

2.Love wants to play with Wiggins in addition to Lebron and Irving, and demanding a trade might allow Cleveland enough leverage to get a deal done sans Wiggins.