Love Demands Trade to Cavaliers [trade official]

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I think he just needs an environment change and better guidance. We'll see.

But nothing I said was wrong though he's coming off his best season were really the one thing that jumps out at you is his rebounding from the two and that's an added bonus here while only scoring less than 14 a game for a team that needs a scorer who is getting 7 to 10 more points than Lance at his best on any given night to help this team get over the hump. He's in Charlotte now and I'm not sure that's a better environment than the one in Indianapolis.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But nothing I said was wrong though he's coming off his best season were really the one thing that jumps out at you is his rebounding from the two and that's an added bonus here while only scoring less than 14 a game for a team that needs a scorer who is getting 7 to 10 more points than Lance at his best on any given night
The 4.6 assists per game isn't pretty nice? Or his 49% FG? Thing is you can't just look at it statistically. From an eye test, we know that Stephenson can facilitate the offense through ball handling and can create his own shot. He does a good job of driving and kicking to open shooters. He's also a solid defender and under Thibs I think would thrive on that end. The Bulls don't necessarily need a second guy to score 20 PPG if Taj,Butler, Noah,and Stephenson can each contribute 12-15 PPG(more or less).

http://8points9seconds.com/2014/07/26/lance-stephenson-pacers-offense/#!bp9Z5k
This is an interesting piece on Stephenson IMO

He's in Charlotte now and I'm not sure that's a better environment than the one in Indianapolis.
Perhaps not, but maybe he'll act differently now that he doesn't have to deal with Turner,George,etc. and has a nice contract. Who knows?

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I like his assist totals but 7.2 rebounds for a two guard is pretty amazing. I can see the positives in him that you've stated but he's a guy where there's just something that I can't put my finger on that I'm not to sure about and I believe that he could improve because he's so young but at the same time it makes you wonder if this is all he is what we got now and if that's the case after witnessing the Pacers run in the playoffs I'm not certain I want him. It just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Stephenson this next season now that he is not in Indy because I'm curious how he'll perform. I believe that having a 20+ scoring ace would really put us over the top but I agree it's not necessity per-say but something that would be the cherry on top. Because I can't get over D-Wade outscoring Bogans in the ECF in 2011 27+ to 4.9 with their scoring averages.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like his assist totals but 7.2 rebounds for a two guard is pretty amazing. I can see the positives in him that you've stated but he's a guy where there's just something that I can't put my finger on that I'm not to sure about and I believe that he could improve because he's so young but at the same time it makes you wonder if this is all he is what we got now and if that's the case after witnessing the Pacers run in the playoffs I'm not certain I want him. It just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Stephenson this next season now that he is not in Indy because I'm curious how he'll perform. I believe that having a 20+ scoring ace would really put us over the top but I agree it's not necessity per-say but something that would be the cherry on top. Because I can't get over D-Wade outscoring Bogans in the ECF in 2011 27+ to 4.9 with their scoring averages.

Yea, I see what you're saying. Stephenson would definitely be a risk, but I feel like if the Bulls missed out on Love and Gasol, then he would have been a good option.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I think he just needs an environment change and better guidance. We'll see.

People said the same thing about JR Smith. That didn't happen. Ditto for Ron Artest, who I see A LOT of in Stephenson. Once again, also didn't change. Some players are just destined to be conceited, hot-heads because that's just the way they are. This is what I see in Lance and I don't think a change of scenery will result in him suddenly not being a lunatic.

But as you said, we'll see.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People said the same thing about JR Smith. That didn't happen. Ditto for Ron Artest, who I see A LOT of in Stephenson. Once again, also didn't change. Some players are just destined to be conceited, hot-heads because that's just the way they are. This is what I see in Lance and I don't think a change of scenery will result in him suddenly not being a lunatic.

I'm not implying that Lance will suddenly not be a lunatic, but I think it's possible he can tone down his antics and meaningfully control himself. Maturity and mental development can vary from person to person based on a number of factors. And while Artest is a nut, he played a big role in winning the Lakers a championship in 2010.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You know who else was an irresponsible annoying idiot at 23?

19826-C201011-Joakim-Noah-draft-night.jpg

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No idea how you can draw a comparison between Artest and Stephenson. Artest was getting T'd up like crazy and thrown out of games and was a constant issue for the NBA. So far Stephenson's biggest "issue" is that Evan Turner didn't like him and he blew in Lebron's ear or snuck into a Heat huddle. That's more the level of if the guy isn't on your team he's a clown but if he's on your team he's loved (see Noah, Joakim. Pierzynski, AJ. et all) Best I can tell Stephenson hasn't had any real issues in close to 5 years.

Stephenson isn't a calm influence but I don't see the Artest comparison. Even the was Artest was getting T'd up back then makes Stephenson look like a choir boy.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ron Artest climbed into the crowd and punched a fan, which instigated the worst black eye ever imposed on the NBA. and is a senior member of the Rasheed Wallace technical foul club. Lance Stephenson was a moron in college and had attitude problems.... not seeing the correlation.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
No idea how you can draw a comparison between Artest and Stephenson. Artest was getting T'd up like crazy and thrown out of games and was a constant issue for the NBA. So far Stephenson's biggest "issue" is that Evan Turner didn't like him and he blew in Lebron's ear or snuck into a Heat huddle. That's more the level of if the guy isn't on your team he's a clown but if he's on your team he's loved (see Noah, Joakim. Pierzynski, AJ. et all) Best I can tell Stephenson hasn't had any real issues in close to 5 years.

Stephenson isn't a calm influence but I don't see the Artest comparison. Even the was Artest was getting T'd up back then makes Stephenson look like a choir boy.

Stephenson's instability doesn't go back just to this season. There's been a clear history of it. He left his initial HS because he didn't win MVP of the youth league that summer. He was cut from USA Men's Basketball Under-18 team because he was causing problems. He had a sexual assault charge his senior year that cost him several top scholarships, including Kansas and Maryland. He was in some documentary that almost made him ineligible his freshman year at Cincinnati. He was benched for a good portion of his rookie season in the NBA for being a disruption. He even blew in Lebron's ear the playoffs BEFORE last year too.

Then this past season, after an all-star snub, he resorted to selfish play and clashed with teammates (not just Evan Turner btw) which helped nearly derail the Pacers' season. Stealing of rebounds, ball hogging, avoiding timeout huddles, never sitting on the bench, trash talking on and off the court, and the egregious flopping and unpredictable play were all on display this season. While I'll admit he has that "irritant" quality, I find it easy to dislike this guy even if he's on my team. He's very much like Artest in this way.

Hopefully this kid can screw his head on straight but he's by no means just a typical "clown" like Noah or AJ. Both of those guys may be considered clowns by others but they would lay their LIVES down for their team, and Lance doesn't appear to have this quality yet.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ron Artest climbed into the crowd and punched a fan
Easily the best night of television ive ever watched. I wish they made a special edition DVD about it all. Maybe have Michael Bay and his team do a few edits. Add an explosion here and there.Turn Jermain O'neal into a robot.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stephenson's instability doesn't go back just to this season. There's been a clear history of it. He left his initial HS because he didn't win MVP of the youth league that summer. He was cut from USA Men's Basketball Under-18 team because he was causing problems.
Cool. Stuff from when he was 16 and 17. Totally relevant to him at 23.

He had a sexual assault charge his senior year that cost him several top scholarships, including Kansas and Maryland. He was in some documentary that almost made him ineligible his freshman year at Cincinnati.
Cool. 5 years ago. Tell me more.

He was benched for a good portion of his rookie season in the NBA for being a disruption.
So was Noah.

He even blew in Lebron's ear the playoffs BEFORE last year too.
OMG WHAT A HEADCASE!!!!

Then this past season, after an all-star snub, he resorted to selfish play and clashed with teammates (not just Evan Turner btw) which helped nearly derail the Pacers' season. Stealing of rebounds, ball hogging, avoiding timeout huddles, never sitting on the bench, trash talking on and off the court, and the egregious flopping and unpredictable play were all on display this season. While I'll admit he has that "irritant" quality, I find it easy to dislike this guy even if he's on my team. He's very much like Artest in this way.

LOL ok. You don't like Stephenson. We get it. Pretty funny he was such an issue with Indiana yet they offered him a 5 year contract, while Artest was getting traded around the NBA left and right.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does Varejao-Love-LeBron-Waiters-Irving make the Cavs the favorite in the East? Probably. They have 3 All-Stars, something no one else in the East will have (Unless Gasol has a renaissance.

I just assume Bennett and Wiggins go to Minnesota in a trade, the two players not mentioned in LeBron's letter.
Good thing they have no playoff experience? :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I suppose he's got enough experience for the whole team doesn't he?
:yep: he once dragged a crappy ass Cleveland team to the Finals before, in 2007, when the East was probably equally as pathetic.