NFL Network's training camp coverage is a JOKE!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I may be wrong but I thought CBS. Was airing Thursday night games this year. I don't expect Bears coverage from the NFLN, hell when they do talk about them it's "out of town stupid " generic reporting. I do like to get stories from around the league though.

good to know if true re: cbs

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are missing a nuance. At first they were pretty damned good. An exec made a decision to parrot espn and be more tabloid

yeah. I bet its cheaper and gets better ratings. Sucks

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not cheaper last I checked

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's both, except they're too stupid to know how to socially engineer people. It's like Microsoft plastering mountain dew, doritos, and pussy on their consoles to get people to buy their shit.

As for the lack of content, that's bullshit and they know it. They're too damn lazy to actually come up with solid quality programming. I guarantee you if they had a couple hours of people like Bowen or Stoltz breaking down the game of football to make it more accessible to casual fans and even including more advanced stuff, ratings would go through the roof. Fans want to get to know their team's players and the game better, and right now other than basic due diligent work there's no accessible path for the layman to start trying to do that. I mean at least Your Boy Roy provided a perspective into the game itself and helped me personally understand the ins and outs of the game. What does NFLN have equal to that? Former players dicking around with their ovaries making obvious statements? Plus, there's 32 teams in the fucking league. You could dedicate half an hour to each and practically get a day's worth of content.

But no, it's easier to fuel the engine of click-bait as content than give us something that could make us better fans and entertain us at the same time.

lol, lack of content is not bullshit. I think you are overestimating how much there is to report and underestimating how much work quality programming takes.

The consumption and demand for news content outpaces the rate at which shit happens.

Last edited:

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
lol, lack of content is not bullshit. I think you are overestimating how much there is to report and underestimating how much work quality programming takes.

The consumption and demand for news content outpaces the rate at which shit happens.

Yeah, with the NFL there isn't a whole lot of content for current ongoing news, but I'm talking about filling up everything up with more quality non-news content besides their top ten list/Football Life stuff. Such as I would like to see coaches in the film room during rookie camp, which would provide fans with an introduction of how their teams' coaches instruct, their personalities, and getting to understand football the way rookies do; and not just from da Bears but any team. Or I'd like to see more helmet-cam stuff and the breaking down of what both the current player is doing and how the rep plays out. What I or most other people don't want is a continuous stream of talking suits that's about as enlightening as watching white news anchors interact with one another thinking they're fucking George Carlin hilarious. Basically, there's more to football than just news and drama.

Not that you disagree or anything. I'm just ranting cause I'm sick of the way these networks treat their audience.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it just comes with having 400 channels. The money is diluted, the content is diluted, and the quality is diluted.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nfl network went down hill when they let Sanders, Sapp and Irvin coon around over people with intelligence like Fault, Warner and Mooch

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it just comes with having 400 channels. The money is diluted, the content is diluted, and the quality is diluted.

Manziel threw an out route yesterday

BP348

Liked Posts:
lol, I agree with how you describe the channels bullshit programming. But its not some "social engineering" conspiracy or a comment on what they think of viewers.

Its really much simpler than that.

They manufacture drama because they have to. There simply is nowhere near enough content to fill up a whole network's worth of programming. They have to fill time. Fox news aside, its the same with the 24 hour news cycle. So much focus on stupid shit cause they have to fill the time.

I agree that they have to fill air time but its NFLN, they have the perfect filler, previous games. That's what kills me about NFLN. Right now people are dying for football and what better way then to show some of the top games from the past several seasons? I'm always amazed that NFLN rarely shows previous games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They were at Camp on Friday I think, FWIW.

TBH, they have too much airtime and too little stories at this point, the Favre shit was much worse IMO.

Right on target with that one. I don't start watching NFLN so early because I know there's nothing to really report.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nfl network went down hill when they let Sanders, Sapp and Irvin coon around over people with intelligence like Fault, Warner and Mooch

665-thats-racist.gif

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
how does one coon around?

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey look, NFLAM is broadcasting from the Brown's camp today.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
It's good to know that NFLN and ESPN have their next Tim Tebow.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
how does one coon around?

By being a coon obviously. Or at least that is the implied interpretation that I got from it.

He even listed one black guy as intelligent (Faulk) but subconsciously spelled it Fault.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
the Favre shit was much worse IMO.

Oh that was horrible, it completely ruined a couple of offseasons for me actually. I completely stayed away from sports news other than the Bears forum and Bears Website.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By being a coon obviously. Or at least that is the implied interpretation that I got from it.

He even listed one black guy as intelligent (Faulk) but subconsciously spelled it Fault.

Auto correct did that deed lol