What do you guys think is going to be the starting 5 next year?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
An all Hinrich and McDermott lineup. CHAMPIONSHIP :bullbang:

call it "grits and hot sauce"

kanyehappy.png

SP33

Liked Posts:
DR1
Doug McDermott
Jimmy Butler
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

Bench
Hinrich/Brooks
Dunleavy
Snell
Mirotic/Bairstow
Gasol

Gasol should absolutely come off the bench to back up Noah. Gibson has yet to hit his ceiling and is entering his prime, while Gasol is exiting his. Don't get me wrong (I know gasol matched his career avg last season.). I don't care. Plus, Gibson is way undersized to play back up center. Mirotic, the best player in the world outside the NBA finally comes to Chicago, and they might third string him?? That's insane.

As far as guards and small forwards, neither Dunleavy or McDermott can play defense on the Lebrons and Durant's of the NBA world. I'd much rather take my chances with Butler and Snell playing the 3.

Regardless of any 5 players the bulls have out on the court at a time, they have significant depth. This can tweak the line up a number of ways.

Big line up: Rose, McDermott, Mirotic, Gasol, Noah, two 40% 3pt shooters with 2 excellent post passers.
Small line ups
Defensive line ups
Offensive line ups
Ect

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here we go, Bulls fans. Thibs is subbing Hinrich for Rose........ Hinrich has looked very good with his new walker. It's a new lease on life for him. And those new elevated shoes has made Brooks at least 6'1". No one has noticed that big weight on Rose's shoulders as yet......Oh wait, Rose is being triple teamed. Noah tries his best to rescue him. My goodness. I haven't seen such carnage since the Hindenburg blew up! Oh the inhumanity of it all:(

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
DR1
Doug McDermott
Jimmy Butler
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

Bench
Hinrich/Brooks
Dunleavy
Snell
Mirotic/Bairstow
Gasol

Gasol should absolutely come off the bench to back up Noah. Gibson has yet to hit his ceiling and is entering his prime, while Gasol is exiting his. Don't get me wrong (I know gasol matched his career avg last season.). I don't care. Plus, Gibson is way undersized to play back up center. Mirotic, the best player in the world outside the NBA finally comes to Chicago, and they might third string him?? That's insane.

As far as guards and small forwards, neither Dunleavy or McDermott can play defense on the Lebrons and Durant's of the NBA world. I'd much rather take my chances with Butler and Snell playing the 3.

Regardless of any 5 players the bulls have out on the court at a time, they have significant depth. This can tweak the line up a number of ways.

Big line up: Rose, McDermott, Mirotic, Gasol, Noah, two 40% 3pt shooters with 2 excellent post passers.
Small line ups
Defensive line ups
Offensive line ups
Ect

The Bulls always had depth. What they lack is talent in the starting rotation, something that hasn't changed despite the free agent circus last month.

SP33

Liked Posts:
This years bench is deeper than your giving it credit for. Mirotic and McDermott bring a level of shooting the bulls haven't seen since the 90's. There isn't a dull body on the entire roster. Unless you use Hinrich as a scapegoat , just because he had an off year. He's still a career average 37% from downtown which is 1 point over the league average. He's also a gritty defender. It doesn't take any more than 2 stars and a ton of depth to win a title. Just ask the Spurs. I bet your just tripping over Cleveland.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Rose-Butler-Dunleavy-Gibson-Noah should start and finish the game due to their experience and intelligence.

McBuckets, Mirotic, Gasol, Snell, Brooks, Heinrich could be a versatile group to mix and match with combinations of those starters. Gasol and Mirotic playing together to groom him a while could be beneficial, while I still would like another legitimate big option in depth.

I like your starting 5, but don't necessarily agree they should be on the floor at the end of the game. It's all situational at that point.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we´ll start the season with Rose - Butler - Dunleavy - Gasol - Noah but go over to a Rose - Butler - McDermott - Gibson - Noah lineup later in the season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that this is going to be Thibs toughest year yet as a head coach trying to put an offense together without any real ball handlers other than Rose. Does he go to a two post set-up with Noah at the high post like last year while trying Gasol underneath? Who does he pair with Rose? IF he goes small they will have better scoring options but will get killed at the other end. And where is Mirotic going to play? To me, he could really be the odd man out in the rotation laden with power forwards

IF it were me, I'd have Gasol come off of the bench as a back-up to Noah but Gasol pouts a lot and that will piss him off probably. But, to me, Gibson deserves to start and if they want to have at least the same relative defense that was good last year, they had better start him. A team of Gasol, Noah, Rose, Dunleavy, and Butler will be a pretty slow team offensively and weaker than last year defensively.