What do you guys think is going to be the starting 5 next year?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Obviously Rose is starting at PG (please, let's just assume he'll be healthy for arguments sake), Butler at the 2, Dunleavy at the 3? Pau at the 4 and Joakim at the 5?

I've always thought Jimmy's play style was better suited for the 3 rather than the 2 and Dunleavy a 2 rather than a 3. If it was up to me, this would be my starting lineup:

1. Rose/Brooks/Kirk
2. Dunleavy/Snell
3. Butler/Snell/McBuckets/Mirotic?
4. Pau/Gibson/Mirotic/McBuckets?
5. Noah/Pau/Gibson?

Am I missing anything from the above players?

What would your starting 5 be? Or who do you think Thibs will tab as the starters?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Oh, and the only reason I'm calling him McBuckets is because I don't know how to spell his last name and was too lazy to Google lol, don't chew me out for it guys

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on what we know for sure:

Rose PG
Butler SF
Noah C
Pao PF
Dunleavy SG

Bench:

McBuckets SG/SF
Mirotic PF/SF
Bairstow C
Gibson PF
Hinrich PG/SG
Snell SG
Brooks PG

DCguy

Liked Posts:
PG: Rose
SG: Dunleavy Jr
SF: Butler
PF: Gibson
C: Noah

Although I would like to see McDermott start at SF and move Jimmy to the 2. But doubt that would happen.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Oh, and the only reason I'm calling him McBuckets is because I don't know how to spell his last name and was too lazy to Google lol, don't chew me out for it guys

Probably a good decision, cuz if you misspell something here, the grammar police will get you!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Probably a good decision, cuz if you misspell something here, the grammar police will get you!

grammar-nazi-300x300.jpg

Grammar Nazis

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Based on what we know for sure:

Rose PG
Butler SF
Noah C
Pao PF
Dunleavy SG

Bench:

McBuckets SG/SF
Mirotic PF/SF
Bairstow C
Gibson PF
Hinrich PG/SG
Snell SG
Brooks PG

So Snell is a two? I always looked at him as more of a 3

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Another interesting question: Do you guys think there is a chance of Snell starting at the 2/3 with Dunleavy coming off the bench?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Another interesting question: Do you guys think there is a chance of Snell starting at the 2/3 with Dunleavy coming off the bench?

I do. If I was him, I would be thinking this as well! The new Bulls lineup would be a great fit if he can 3 and D, imo!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Snell is a SF and Guard, and plays Guard in the NBA. He is a guard on the depth chart. By the primary NBA positions of each player.

Secondary positions in parenthesis.

Point Guard: Rose(SG)/Hinrich(SG)/Brooks(SG)
Shooting Guard: Butler(SF)/Snell(SF)
Small Forward: Dunleavy(SG)/McDermott(PF)
Power Forward: Gasol(C)/Gibson(C)/Mirotic(SF)/Baristow(C)
Center: Noah(PF)

Not what I think of them at which position. No, these are their official positions and secondary as listed in the line-up or as released by the front office/interviews. All of which are accurate, and have been accurate for some time.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Highly unlikely unless Snell comes out guns blazing and wins the spot outright by playing amazing. He should have a slightly bigger role this year though, assuming his shot is halfway decent.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want to say Gibson will be starting at PF, even with Pau on the team. I really have no idea who will be starting between him and Pau. Imo, if we play Pau with the bench, it allows us to stagger him and Jo's minutes so that we always have a post passer on the floor. It'll also give us more room to play Mirotic if we're playing Pau as the backup C. It makes a lot of sense to me, but who knows how Thibs will decide?

So, my gut says starting five of Rose, Butler, Dunleavy, Gibson, Noah to start the season. I'm really hoping that McDermott comes in and takes that starting SF role though.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it's going to be:
PG-Rose
SG-Butler
SF-Dunleavy
PF-Gasol
C-Noah

I'd like to see Gasol come in as a sixth man,honestly, and maybe McDermott can become starter quality. Who knows about the latter, though.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I do. If I was him, I would be thinking this as well! The new Bulls lineup would be a great fit if he can 3 and D, imo!

Yeah, and he has a pretty good jumper. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts over Dunleavy

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I want to say Gibson will be starting at PF, even with Pau on the team. I really have no idea who will be starting between him and Pau. Imo, if we play Pau with the bench, it allows us to stagger him and Jo's minutes so that we always have a post passer on the floor. It'll also give us more room to play Mirotic if we're playing Pau as the backup C. It makes a lot of sense to me, but who knows how Thibs will decide?

So, my gut says starting five of Rose, Butler, Dunleavy, Gibson, Noah to start the season. I'm really hoping that McDermott comes in and takes that starting SF role though.

I'd love to see Doug take the 3 spot, but do you think he can guard SF's?

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Is Shawn Marion still an option for the 13th roster spot? Or are GarPax just trying to get another center to help take minutes off of Noah?