What do you guys think is going to be the starting 5 next year?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can he defend the3? Thibs is going to matchup on defense. Well unless he suddenly changes what he has done in the past.
It really depends on the matchup. If there's a scenario where he's not going to get completely destroyed every time down the court I think we could see some SF from him. Then again, Peja couldn't guard a chair and played SF his whole career. :shrug:

czman

Liked Posts:
It really depends on the matchup. If there's a scenario where he's not going to get completely destroyed every time down the court I think we could see some SF from him. Then again, Peja couldn't guard a chair and played SF his whole career. :shrug:

Peja never played for Thibs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The entire Bulls back court is blah.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
These guys are rookies. So we'll have to wait and see. Let them prepare, then allow them to adjust. If they aren't liabilities guarding wings as rookies, then consider my jaw, dropped.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bump for this article: http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/could-mcdermott-shoot-his-way-starting-role

One quote I did like from Rose:

“He rarely messes up,” said Rose. “He never pushes the issue, I would say. He never tries things he can’t do. He knows exactly what type of play he wants. For me, I need him because you can’t leave him. He has a lot of confidence in his shot, and he works on his shot every day. When I was playing with him while we were back in Chicago, I had to tell him whenever he’s open, I’m passing him the ball and he better shoot or I’m going to yell at him every time. If you can shoot, you can fit in.”

Hoping that Doug can have an impact rookie season, even if he doesn't crack the starting lineup. Also nice to see some positive words from Korver since Doug will likely play a similar role to what Korver had.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

People that think Niko can't play the 3 are short sighted, imo. It's definitely a matchup thing. We will definitely see a jumbo lineup with Pau, Noah, and Niko at times. Just listen to the new Cavs coach who's had to gameplan for Niko for the last few years in Euro.....

Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt had high praise for Chicago Bulls rookie forward Nikola Mirotic when speaking at Team USA's training camp Thursday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Blatt and Mirotic faced each other multiple times in the Euroleague, with Blatt coaching Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv and Mirotic playing for Spanish club Real Madrid.

Blatt said the Montenegrin will be able to make an impact right away and that Mirotic's versatility will allow his game to translate well to the NBA.

"He was a [matchup nightmare] in Europe," Blatt said. "That will be interesting to see, how [Tom Thibodeau] decides to play him. I can't speak to that piece. But physically and athletically and skills-wise, he can swing between positions and take advantage of mismatches."

Thibodeau hasn't committed to how he will use Mirotic, other than to say at the introductory news conference that he envisions Mirotic guarding strictly power and small forwards.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Rose-Butler-Dunleavy-Gibson-Noah should start and finish the game due to their experience and intelligence.

McBuckets, Mirotic, Gasol, Snell, Brooks, Heinrich could be a versatile group to mix and match with combinations of those starters. Gasol and Mirotic playing together to groom him a while could be beneficial, while I still would like another legitimate big option in depth.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Bump for this article: http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/could-mcdermott-shoot-his-way-starting-role

Hoping that Doug can have an impact rookie season, even if he doesn't crack the starting lineup. Also nice to see some positive words from Korver since Doug will likely play a similar role to what Korver had.

I thought this little tidbit was kind of funny.

Bulls rookie Doug McDermott, who had been impressive with his shooting, was wide open several times as teammates Marcus Smart and Victor Oladipo kept ignoring him.

USA coach Mike Krzyzewski laughed as he saw the young guards missing their shooter and turned to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, who is a USA assistant.

“You going to let him shoot?” Krzyzewski said with a laugh.

“He’s going to shoot,” responded Thibodeau.

And it could be one of the more intriguing early stories of this Bulls 2014-15 season.

I also liked Korver's quote. Specifically the part about Thib's not having a 2 or a 3, thus ending some of those debates,

“He’s on a great team for him to fit in well,” said Korver. “There’s a real need for his skill set. He’s going to learn how to play defense. He’s going to have Jimmy taking the No. 1 (offensive) guy.

He’ll get the second guy. There’s no two and three in Thibs’ offense. You’re the guy who’s coming off the doubles [screens]. Or you’re the guy who’s not coming off the doubles almost for the wing.

He’s going to be the guy coming off the doubles and he’s going to be able to shoot that thing and put a lot of pressure on the defense.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought this little tidbit was kind of funny.
Yeah I did too. This reinforces the idea of McDermott being a rotation guy with a role right away. It seems at the very least that he'd have Korver's role as a shooter coming off screens and also spotting up off the Rose drive. He's there to shoot and the team wants him to.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
how nuts will the UC go when Doug hits a 3 for big macs?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Is the hot sauce coming back?

that nickname is retired with Korver (atleast it should be imo would be corny to reuse it)

however im thinking Stacey might go with "McSpicy"

and he'll call Jimmy/Doug "The Bucket Brothers"

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Bucket Bros is definitly going to happen, good call. He has used hot sauce beyond just Korver, but I think he needs something new.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Bucket Bros is definitly going to happen, good call. He has used hot sauce beyond just Korver, but I think he needs something new.

yeah you're right he did use it a few times with Dunleavy

but hot sauce will always be Korver....not the same with anybody else

MDJ main nickname was Mike dun't-leave-me-open so i think he'll come up with something new

you could add anything thing after Mc-

i suspect hes got a note pad with McNicknames written down already lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah you're right he did use it a few times with Dunleavy

but hot sauce will always be Korver....not the same with anybody else

MDJ main nickname was Mike dun't-leave-me-open so i think he'll come up with something new

you could add anything thing after Mc-

i suspect hes got a note pad with McNicknames written down already lol
Korver's the true hot sauce, but I can imagine hot sauce being used any time someone hits a few 3s in a game. I can hear it already...

"GIMME THE HOT SAUCE DOUGIE MCD"

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Heard GarPax is trying to clone McD so he can play the 1 through 5 and be the entire starting lineup.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
that nickname is retired with Korver (atleast it should be imo would be corny to reuse it)

however im thinking Stacey might go with "McSpicy"

and he'll call Jimmy/Doug "The Bucket Brothers"

McDermott, with 1 second on the clock, and the Bulls at 97 points, to give the crowd a 'McSpicey'..... :dunno:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Heard GarPax is trying to clone McD so he can play the 1 through 5 and be the entire starting lineup.

this is honestly believable

they've been trying to clone Hinrich for years now

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
How about Colonel McBuckets? :dunno:

Probably gonna be the simple answer ... Dougie McBuckets and Jimmy Buckets = The Bucket Bros