Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If there was no Hall of Fame???

It seems that the only real reason people complain about steroids is because it makes it hard to distinguish who belongs in the hall and who doesn't. It seems like MLB is a lot more interesting when every team has a guy hitting 50 HR's a season and hitting 500ft moon shots. Sammy Sosa and McGuire pretty much kept baseball from falling below hockey in popularity and the Red Sox and Yankee's have quite a few championship's that are tarnished.

Just wondering if people think that steroids wouldn't be an issue if not for the HOF.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Steroids would be legal if there weren't so many negative side effects. Kids look up to these players and if roids was legal we would have major doping problem in schools by kids wanting to be good enough to make it big and get paid

Svic

Liked Posts:
If EVERYONE used steroids would the game just be the exact same as it is when it is clean because then everyone is at the same level... We would just have bigger guys playing it.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Don't think 't HOF has anything to do with it. Steroids are not just a banned substance, they are illegal. And the first wave of cheaters were pariahs long before they were HOF eligible. Personally, knowing Sosa and later Bonds were cheating made their HR chases sickening, not exciting. I admit I was always duped by McGuire. Thank God for Frank.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Steroids would be legal if there weren't so many negative side effects. Kids look up to these players and if roids was legal we would have major doping problem in schools by kids wanting to be good enough to make it big and get paid

There are only negative side effects if abused and used improperly. Just like legal drugs such as alcohol and nicotine.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems that the only real reason people complain about steroids is because it makes it hard to distinguish who belongs in the hall and who doesn't. It seems like MLB is a lot more interesting when every team has a guy hitting 50 HR's a season and hitting 500ft moon shots. Sammy Sosa and McGuire pretty much kept baseball from falling below hockey in popularity and the Red Sox and Yankee's have quite a few championship's that are tarnished.

Steroids to me ruined the damn game for people who actually have played and coached baseball. I've seen the crap first-hand with 15-18 year olds who crosse into Mexico and bought this shit. I've seen a 15 year old catcher who had veins bulging out of his neck who went pretty much nuts in a game in which he hit a guy crossing the plate when he didn't have the ball and actually reaching out with his hand in order to get hit by a pitch. There was almost a very bad riot in that game before it was over. That is the shame of it and the blame of it. The Owners, Agents, and Players who did it should have been banned from the game forever. When I saw Tony LaRussa in the HOF stand it pissed me off. His Oakland A's and later the Cardinals were the poster children for this shit.

As for the dumb shit fans who came to the ball park in order to see jag-offs like Sosa and McGwire jack up home-runs and douse themselves off with Gatorade or water afterward, I say, you have no damn concept of what baseball is all about. And for those who say that this somehow "rescued baseball" I say it almost ruined it entirely.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:

Steroids to me ruined the damn game for people who actually have played and coached baseball. I've seen the crap first-hand with 15-18 year olds who crosse into Mexico and bought this shit. I've seen a 15 year old catcher who had veins bulging out of his neck who went pretty much nuts in a game in which he hit a guy crossing the plate when he didn't have the ball and actually reaching out with his hand in order to get hit by a pitch. There was almost a very bad riot in that game before it was over. That is the shame of it and the blame of it. The Owners, Agents, and Players who did it should have been banned from the game forever. When I saw Tony LaRussa in the HOF stand it pissed me off. His Oakland A's and later the Cardinals were the poster children for this shit.

As for the dumb shit fans who came to the ball park in order to see jag-offs like Sosa and McGwire jack up home-runs and douse themselves off with Gatorade or water afterward, I say, you have no damn concept of what baseball is all about. And for those who say that this somehow "rescued baseball" I say it almost ruined it entirely.

Very well said