Allen should be a better upgrade than Peppers ? Yes or No ?? readable article

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pretty surprised there's some rise in, Peppers never was a leader or boosted others. Yet at the time the jumps from Izzy, Melton, and Wootton were things people were frequently attributing to Peppers.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
In their prime Peppers was FAR better IMO. I think Peppers played hurt all of last season, he was limping around after plays all of the time. A healthy Peppers is better than a healthy Allen IMO.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Peppers was the better all-around player; he was more stout against the run and was more versatile (big and strong enough to kick inside for nickle/dime packages, allowing for another pure rusher to be brought in). Allen has pretty much always been the better pass rusher though. Based on the last few seasons, I'll take Allen -- and that's not just because of current roster associations.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
allen's advantage is threefold.

1. he's younger
2. he's more reliable injury-wise by a wide margin
3. by having a smaller cap hit we can afford players like houston who can bolster the other side in a bigger way than players like cory wootten

whether one has played better than the other over the course of their career is debatable. but those advantages stand

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still not very motivated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nah man I don't agree with that. Peppers really knew how to turn it on when he decided that's what he wanted to do. Remember this guy used to chase down running backs sideline to sideline from the opposite side of the field. I'll agree that he didn't seem very motivated last year. I don't know what happened last year. It could have been the pay cuts that they asked him to take, or he missed Lovie, or didn't gel with Mel Tucker or buy into Trestman, or that he was just demoralized by being on a terrible defense. Whatever the reason, it's clear that he wasn't feeling it. Couple that with father time, and there you go. I suspect that after he's retired he'll be on some interview show and we'll hear the real reasons.

But if he's healthy, you can best believe he's going to bring his "A" game. Get ready for a chorus of "Why couldn't he have played like that when he played for us!!??" comments. That being said, I think we'll beat them this year.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares anyway?..Were rid of" Mister Selective" and his over inflated salary. Let the packer fans worry about him..They wont admit it was a bad purchase no matter what..

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its good when articles are readible

Come on man.
I would think everybody would want to encourage everyone to post articles on anything BEARs in this forum.
In this way we are all sharing and Insider's and Trib readers will also share.

If an Insider or Trib booster reads three articles I post maybe they'll give snippets of the $2 info I havent gleaned yet from others

Toast88

Liked Posts:
In their prime Peppers was FAR better IMO. I think Peppers played hurt all of last season, he was limping around after plays all of the time. A healthy Peppers is better than a healthy Allen IMO.

I'm not saying this isn't possible, but for the record, the media, the players, the coaches and Peppers himself said this WAS NOT the case. He just sucked.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
Who cares anyway?..Were rid of" Mister Selective" and his over inflated salary. Let the packer fans worry about him..They wont admit it was a bad purchase no matter what..

Probably because it was a pretty damn good purchase. I don't have it off the top of my head but his cap number is ridiculously low this year (something like $3.5 mil) and the Packers can cut him loose after this season with pretty reasonable dead space resulting from it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Sorry man it's not just about sack counts. See Tjodalv post above.
dont apologize. Your opinion.

I'll take Allen's 16-22 sacks a season over the all around better ability in Peppers who seems to show up when he wants, and has never been the force pass rushing as J Allen. Mind you were in a passing league now, so how you can make an arguement you'd take Peppers over Allen is somewhat laughable.

Give me a Houston/Phil Daniels type run stuffer as the other end.. Then you're settled.

Oh,and also.... It doesn't need to be about just sack #'s.

Allen is overall a much more productive player.
Allen is 2 years younger=less years in league.

J Allen(32 yrs old)---558 tackles. 100 assists. 128.5 sacks. 5 interceptions.

J Peppers(34 yrs old)---561 tackles. 95 assists. 118.5 sacks. 9 interceptions.

Sooo....... What arguement are you making about Allen being just about sacks. He's going to smoke Peppers stats in every level(sides INt'S) by the time Peppers retires. It's beautiful..

Jared Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peppers.

JaredAllenSackEliAroundOL.gif

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably because it was a pretty damn good purchase. I don't have it off the top of my head but his cap number is ridiculously low this year (something like $3.5 mil) and the Packers can cut him loose after this season with pretty reasonable dead space resulting from it.

If Peppers plays like shit..the fact that the numbers were good doesnt make it a good buy

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

"FAR better" is the stretchiest of stretches you could make.

Liked Posts:
The way I look at this Peppers vs Allen thing is pretty simple.

In 2 less years, Allen has 10 more sacks & only 3 less tackles than Peppers. 2 less years. Let that sink in.

All of this while Allen is giving up an inch or two of height and 15 pounds.

Throw the stats aside and you have two completely different players.

Peppers who has always had more hype than production vs Allen who has always outdone his expectations.

Yes, both players have digressed BUT Allen is 2 years younger and still consistently putting up double digit sack numbers each year.

People can say what they will but I think about the only thing that Peppers has over Allen is a bit of size and a bit better in the run game. Much past that, Allen takes the cake.