OT: Anyone catch Stephen A. say that dumb shit

GoBears

Liked Posts:
For fuck sake man...do I need to add you to my Christmas list of posters to send a sarcasm detector to?

I missed the sarcasm too, so send me one too! This is a touchstone for me. Men who hit women should be shot twice in the balls and once in the head.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I missed the sarcasm too, so send me one too! This is a touchstone for me. Men who hit women should be shot twice in the balls and once in the head.

I guess I should use green text.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You should NEVER hit a woman. But to say there's no reason to hit a woman is ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons to hit a woman, you're just a piece of shit if you do.

What if she outweighs you?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did he really mean then when he said that?
Not sure who this is directed at, but my contention is that he was trying to say that people should be careful about the situations they put themselves in, specifically women in this case.

I wouldn't want my wife alone in a bad neighborhood late at night. i wouldn't want her talking shit to some guy when i wasnt around. Same idea. My guess is that this is something that he cares about and was triggered by the domestic violence story, but in context it just comes across as all sorts of wrong.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am really sick of all this "politically correct" shit. What he said was wrong, but get over it. And in turn, when somebody makes a slightly racist comment, Stephen A Smith should get over it. And when someone makes a homophobic remark, Chris Kluwe should get over it.

America has turned into a series of witch hunts with everyone feeling they need to attack non-PC remarks as revenge for when they got attacked for a non-PC remark.

I am not a fan of Stephen A. Smith. I feel he is a racist. But what every person who doesn't like S.A.S needs to do it stand up and say this is enough, we are not going to burn him at the stake for a stupid remark and we are not going to engage in these PC witch hunts.

If SAS doesn't like white people, fine, I will deal with it. If the defensive coordinator for the Vikings doesn't like gay people, fine, deal with it. If a bunch of gay guys don't like your defense of marriage act, get over it.

Tolerance is what America was built on, not everyone pretending they like everyone else and their beliefs. Despite whatever scripted apologies they make, SAS may not have the best attitude towards women, the DC for the Vikings probably won't be pro-gay marriage and Donald Sterling still will not want to see his girlfriend hanging out with black guys. I doubt that FUBU will have all white board of directors.

Everyone doesn't have to like me, or pretend they do.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Women are not to blame for domestic violence, period. What's worse than Smith's equivocation is the NFL's failure to take a stand. By suspending players twice as long for using weed as for beating a woman senseless, they have let everyone know where they stand.

Even when women start domestic violence they aren't to blame? You would be shocked to see how many women lay hands on their spouse because of the ignorance that its okay for them

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I can't figure out who is more insulting of their fanbase: The NFL for their ridiculous two game suspension of Ray Rice or ESPN for their refusal to bring any disciplinary action against Stephen A Smith. Not a banner week for either.

Be sure to buy your lady some intimate NFL apparel- but do it before you punch her out on an elevator and then allow your network mouthpieces to claim she provoked it:

http://www.shop49ers.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Ladies_Intimates

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
You don't hit women.

[video=youtube;6fc_AnLaBew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fc_AnLaBew[/video]

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
God damn, and I thought Skip Bayless was the biggest douche bag on that show.

How could anyone bring themselves to watch that shit?

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
I am really sick of all this "politically correct" shit. What he said was wrong, but get over it. And in turn, when somebody makes a slightly racist comment, Stephen A Smith should get over it. And when someone makes a homophobic remark, Chris Kluwe should get over it.

America has turned into a series of witch hunts with everyone feeling they need to attack non-PC remarks as revenge for when they got attacked for a non-PC remark.

I am not a fan of Stephen A. Smith. I feel he is a racist. But what every person who doesn't like S.A.S needs to do it stand up and say this is enough, we are not going to burn him at the stake for a stupid remark and we are not going to engage in these PC witch hunts.

If SAS doesn't like white people, fine, I will deal with it. If the defensive coordinator for the Vikings doesn't like gay people, fine, deal with it. If a bunch of gay guys don't like your defense of marriage act, get over it.

Tolerance is what America was built on, not everyone pretending they like everyone else and their beliefs. Despite whatever scripted apologies they make, SAS may not have the best attitude towards women, the DC for the Vikings probably won't be pro-gay marriage and Donald Sterling still will not want to see his girlfriend hanging out with black guys. I doubt that FUBU will have all white board of directors.

Everyone doesn't have to like me, or pretend they do.

While I'm in some agreement with part of what you said, I don't think people getting "over it" is that easy. There is nothing politically correct about beating a woman out cold. When you hold a position of fame or power, a certain amount of responsibility goes along with that. Ray Rice was not defending himself, he lost his cool and beat a woman so bad she was out cold. And then dragged her out of an elevator? Stephen A Smith trying to defend that is laughable. Can you imagine him defending that if it was Jay Cutler instead of Ray Rice?

I think the part that bothers me the most is that Ray Rice will be suspended less time than a marijuana violation by the NFL. Maybe if Ray had the option to smoke a bowl, he would have fallen asleep after eating a bag of cheetos instead.