Should Bears extend Jimmy Clausen's contract??

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its becoming more and more evident Trestman really can do some special things with the right QB's and if Clausen shows well in the preseason, I wouldn't be against the Bears throwing him a few more years on his contract. This way if (/when) Cutler gets injured during the reg season and Clausen comes in and performs well, we can trade the guy for a draft pick instead of losing him without getting anything in return. Structure the contract where the Bears take a minimal hit if he doesn't pan out and need to cut him. You know Cliffy boy has it in him. Not to mention the dude is only 26.

I mean if we had McCown for another year, we would have received a 3rd rd pick for the guy at the very least.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
y6apujag.jpg

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Not quite yet! Let's see him win the #2 position first in the Pre-season games....then we spin the Cliff Stein "money wheel."

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Not sure if serious.......

Some people claimed it was a giant failure by the bears to not sign McCown to a multi year deal... So I'm sure he's serious

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If Clausen plays and plays well you don't extend black eye Jimmy. You extend the QB guru, Tresticles.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
If Clausen plays and plays well you don't extend black eye Jimmy. You extend the QB guru, Tresticles.

Depends on the weather I suppose. On hot days, my Tresticles get an automatic extension. On the other hand, Jimmy gets set back on cold days. :shrug:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's okay. I'd probably give out another Cutler type deal to him after the 2nd preseason game if he can keep his interception total under 2 per game.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let's let him play in real games before this conversation gets started. If Trestman can do magic with QBs shouldn't he be able to get Fales in position to be the back-up by next season and beyond?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
No even if Trestman somehow pulls another McCown with Clausen then I will have 100% confidence in him to do it with other QB's. And we will see a lot of talented back ups itching to come here to revive their careers.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
because bitch quota not met yet

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd wait to see him perform in the regular season before entertaining any thoughts of extending him