How satisfied were you with the Bulls offseason?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still an awful lot of money out there for Marion to go for league min. If he is willing to take that reduction in salary he would be a really nice addition to the Bulls. Hell he might start at SF.
Marion would be the best value vet min signing for sure. Money or rings...the ever present decision to make. :thinking:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;qAzqSYQ9X9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzqSYQ9X9U[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but my gut feeling is that since Thibs seems to be just as high on McDermott as GarPax is, he'll get floor time. I think we'll see more of McDermott than we saw of Snell last year for sure. Mirotic may be another story though

Mirotic will play quite a bit IMO.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mirotic will play quite a bit IMO.
Yes there will be a nice 4 man rotation between Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic. I also have a hard time believing Noah and Gasol will be healthy all season.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll admit that not getting Melo was kind of a bummer. I legitimately do believe he was really only considering Chicago and New York but let's be honest -- none of us would've left an extra $30 million on the table. Unless the Bulls could've swung a sign and trade, it wasn't going to happen. Why would Phil Jackson openly help the competition get better?

I'm very high on McDermott. I love his IQ, his ability to score, his demeanor fits the "Chicago" bill and I think he's got the desire to get better. Plus, the FO and coaching staff are really behind him. I think he'll have a meaningful impact. I'm also excited about Mirotic. Both him and McDermott provide something this team has never had and it'll be interesting to see if Thibs gives Mirotic the time that I think he'll deserve. To be honest, this season's success will hinge on Thibs finally breaking the shitty mold of overworking guys. He needs to utilize his bench. He needs to not murder Rose and pull the reigns at 32 minutes during games where we're blowing somebody out.

I like our primary free agency moves, too. Brooks is a cheap, reliable scorer who will understand his role. I think he can pay similar dividends that DJ Augustin did. And Pau may not be 2010 Pau, but people really sleep on how productive he was last year in a shitty system that paid his skill set zero compliments. At worst, I think he'll duplicate what Boozer did for us last year, but be a better passer. And Pau is getting paid half of what Boozer is getting, so that's a win in terms of salary cap.

The East is finally open. And if Derrick Rose is healthy, we have a shot to make it out of the East. But he has to turn to All-Star form. I'm interested to see how Thibs manages playing time, especially for Gasol. I think he can be supremely effective in a 25-28 minute role. If McDermott and Mirotic can fill in the holes on offense, we could actually have some matchup issues. I'd still like another wing defender off the bench and a true veteran bigman to strictly play defense and foul guys (Kendrick Perkins would've been perfect if he was amnestied).... but beggars can't be choosers.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Yes there will be a nice 4 man rotation between Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic. I also have a hard time believing Noah and Gasol will be healthy all season.

This is key. Thibs needs to take a page out of Pop's book and rest these two throughout the season. Doubt that will happen without front office pressure though...

PooHdini1

Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie, I'm just really happy Boozer is gone

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I didn't have a huge issue with Boozer, but...when you can swap him out for Pau at over 10m less per year...that's a decent offseason.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah Nikola will have to play or the FO will be on thibs ass

not paying him 5m to play garbage minutes

poido123

Liked Posts:
We have the championship team here right now.

Soak it up boys, we have an amazing season ahead!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the bench being reloaded, my hope is that we see some nice rotations, as to stay fresh going into the post season. I think we will.

And I am happy with the off season. Nice FA pickups, nice draft. Good to see we have a deep Team again, and an area in which we can dominate (front court).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
We can add Marion...that's a move I'd actually like to see.

He would definitely be worth it. Wonder if he's willing to return home to play for our Bulls? haha

I haven't heard much if we're linked to any interest in him right now though..

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh. The most successful part of their offseason was Lebron leaving Miami.

This is all it comes down to. LeBron leaving Miami restored balance to the Universe. If he stayed and you looked at the Bulls off-season, it was meh. Upgrades at PF and brought in a couple shooters. Still have the same glaring weakness youve had for 4 seasons under Thibs. Luckily the East is ass and the Bulls have a good shot at winning it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know, I'm kind of disappointed that Lebron left Miami. I hoped that the Bulls would finally be able to beat those punks in the play-offs.