How satisfied were you with the Bulls offseason?

PooHdini1

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty satisfied with the Bulls offseason because they had a great plan b after melo.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't want to know some people's answer to this question...

Me personally, I'm alright with it. It wasn't ideal, but I think we added enough to put ourselves firmly at the top of the East with a legit chance of getting to the Finals.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
They did okish; not great, but not horrible. Outside of Melo, it's hard to imagine them doing any better than they have. The McD pick was a major WTF point for me, but he seemed to do well in the Summer League and people that follow basketball more closely than I do like him so whatevs. Trading out Boozer for Pau, adding Rose and Mirotic, an extra year on Snell/Butler, and hopefully McDermott turns out; I figure them to be favorites in the East unless the Cavs get Love.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Considering Melo did not leave in FA I would say the Bulls did very well. Bringing in Gasol gives the Bulls one of the best front courts in the league and best of all, Rose looks ready to rock and roll

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
satisfied

missed out on the big fish in Melo but he took the money so what can we do

they added 4 new offensive players in Gasol, Doug, Nikola and Brooks (although we still lack a 2nd ball handler)

but the offense should be much improved next season and we should make the ECF at the very least

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
As long as Love either stays in Minny or goes somewhere else other than Cleveland...The Bulls should be favorites in the East no doubt. That Cavs team isn't built to win with Lebron on the roster. Not enough 3 point shooters around him.

The Bulls have the deepest and most talented front court in the NBA. I really hope Thibs takes advantage of that depth and doesn't run Rose, Noah and Gasol into the ground as those guys are the key pieces who have all had injury problems.

Derrick is drawing some ridiculously high praise from some of the best coaches in the world and he has said himself that he has expanded his game and will incorporate more floaters, pull ups and has learnt to play off the ball more in spot up situations. I think that jump shot is going to be much better and we could see Rose become a more highly productive player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:dontcare:

I'll wait until January to get a feel and a real opinion for this team. Until then, I'm going to drink the koolaid and put a shower curtain around my cheerios. I'm going to enjoy me some basketball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
B-...... Good draft. average free agency.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
b45689_rondo_11152010.jpg

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with the offseason. The team needed scoring and the guys added to the team can score. So there was an effort to address a need so that's always a positive.

Celks

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with the offseason. The team needed scoring and the guys added to the team can score. So there was an effort to address a need so that's always a positive.

Very true but 2 of those guys that can score haven't played in the NBA yet and need to prove themselves in this league. However like you said they addressed needs for the team, now hopefully it all pans out.

czman

Liked Posts:
I want to at least some NBA games. Preseason will give us some idea. I think a few weeks into the season we will have a good idea what the rotations will look like. Ultimately, no matter how well McDermott shoots if he cannot get on the floor it won't matter much. That goes for a few players.

Minute distribution should be interesting.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want to at least some NBA games. Preseason will give us some idea. I think a few weeks into the season we will have a good idea what the rotations will look like. Ultimately, no matter how well McDermott shoots if he cannot get on the floor it won't matter much. That goes for a few players.

Minute distribution should be interesting.
Agreed, but my gut feeling is that since Thibs seems to be just as high on McDermott as GarPax is, he'll get floor time. I think we'll see more of McDermott than we saw of Snell last year for sure. Mirotic may be another story though

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
We got one of the best free agents on the market, brought in a euro that would have been a top 5 pick, and in my mind we got one of the best prospects in the draft in McDermott. I think we had a great offseason, can't wait until opening night :bullbang:

Liked Posts:
I was sad/pissed initially when we missed out on Melo but I've warmed up to the Gasol addition. I'm also glad they picked up Brooks, I wasn't happy with the McDermott pick at first but if his College/SL play translates into the regular season I'll be on board. Furthermore, I'm glad Miro came over I think he'll be solid. I still feel like we need another ball handler but I'm cool with this offseason, we came out much better than we did 4 years ago IMO.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lost:
Carlos Boozer (amnestied)
DJ Augustin (Free Agency)
Jimmer Fredette (Free Agency)

Added:
Derrick Rose (injury)
Pau Gasol (Free Agency)
Doug McDermott (Draft)
Nikola Mirotic (Free Agency)
Aaron Brooks (Free Agency)
Cameron Bairstow (Draft)

As far as subtraction and addition goes, we're better. There is always the slate to do better, but given Melo re-signed, I dont think there was much the Bulls could do there.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
In general it was a, for the most part, very good off-season.

Missing out on Melo never shocked me or any or you I'm sure. The addition of Pau Gasol was great to be honest. The additions of Nikola Mirotic (finally!) and Aaron Brooks will pan out very nice I'm hoping.

Drafting Doug McDermott was huge and Cameron Bairstow is a good physical big man to help out Noah, Pau & Taj.

Rose is still the big question mark. Yes, so far he is showing signs of a return to form in the Team USA workouts/scrimmages. That's very promising and taking a little bit of the doubts away. He still has a long way to go before we know where he stands. Still...very happy to see him this confident and with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm looking forward to this season and can only hope for the best. The future doesn't look too bad anyway. That's just how I see it while playing the optimistic card.. :lol:

:bullbang:

Random Thought
Can we still add someone like Shawn Marion to the 13th roster spot? Or will be go after a vet big man?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
People who had unrealistic expectations, or were dumb enough to think Anthony would give up $50 million are probably still calling for GarPax to be fired.

With where they were going into the draft and how they are today, I'm satisfied. Gasol basically replaces Boozer and I think he's more versatile on offense and could be a more willing defender so it's got to be a gain. I was surprised Mirotic came over, maybe Melo would have made that impossible but we've got to see if he's close to what he's been built up to be. I'm as glad as Thibs to have Hinrich back. Brooks could bring something off the bench. McDermott has the chance to contribute if he's ready without being forced onto the court if he's not. Maybe having added some strength Snell can improve in year 2. Maybe Butler and Noah have worked on their shooting. By trading 2 picks for 1, not going overboard signing Gasol and Mirotic they didn't eliminate all their options for the next few off seasons either. Going all in is great if it works but if you don't win a championship or two you're screwed for years to follow.

Getting to the Finals is on Rose, if he's back at full speed, doesn't try to do it all and has seen what his teammates were able to do without him this could be a great team.

czman

Liked Posts:
We can add Marion...that's a move I'd actually like to see.

Still an awful lot of money out there for Marion to go for league min. If he is willing to take that reduction in salary he would be a really nice addition to the Bulls. Hell he might start at SF.