How would you guys feel in this hypothetical?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's not smart enough to process a scarcity of offense could mean that good pitching + great hitting > great pitching + poor hitting (since there's an abundance of this right now).

No, I have said that all along. Seriously, I'm not sure if you can read. I said above average pitching is needed to win championships. Same with the defense. THe hitting can go either way.

Logic says that the .300 hitter will bat much lower against quality dominant pitching. The pitcher always has the advantage. ALWAYS! That doesn't mean that the hitter doesn't succeed at times. It means that the pitcher > than the hitter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No, that's just it. I have. Many times.

Like I said, your reading comprehension is awful. Normally, I blame the Chicago public schools. But this is a problem specific to you.

Keep avoiding it. Let me say this again....

WHAT POINT AM I MISSING?

Liked Posts:
But that is just not true.

Good teams win championships. You can be a great hitting team and an average pitching team. Or you can be a great pitching team and an average hitting team. Or you can be a good hitting team and a good pitching team. There's no 1 formula for success. If there was, everyone would be doing that.

All you've shown so far is that there are little to no examples of an all hit, below average pitching team winning a WS.

Ha ha. That's not going to work.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
still waiting 2323.....not that I am surprised.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stellar? Why do you insist on making strawmen arguments? It would be a lot easier to just agree with me this time at least.

Because you havent made your argument clear. All you keep saying is pitching and defense wins championships. Well, yes they do, you have to get 27 outs to win a game. But, I dont think that is your point.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I have said that all along. Seriously, I'm not sure if you can read. I said above average pitching is needed to win championships. Same with the defense. THe hitting can go either way.

Logic says that the .300 hitter will bat much lower against quality dominant pitching. The pitcher always has the advantage. ALWAYS! That doesn't mean that the hitter doesn't succeed at times. It means that the pitcher > than the hitter.

I would look at David Ortiz post season numbers. lol

Liked Posts:
still waiting 2323.....not that I am surprised.

You're going to be waiting a long time. I don't get paid enough to do what your parents failed at. Maybe at this point, you should ask someone else for help. Others aren't struggling with it as much as you.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You're going to be waiting a long time. I don't get paid enough to do what your parents failed at. Maybe at this point, you should ask someone else for help. Others aren't struggling with it as much as you.
Typical...check mate again for me

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

If all that was necessary was stockpiling a ton of solid pitching, Atlanta would have won more WS titles than they did.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And CO is left with swear words as his vocab has run out

Check Mate

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If all that was necessary was stockpiling a ton of solid pitching, Atlanta would have won more WS titles than they did.
No one said you only need pitching but you can win if you only have pitching...still awaiting the all o example