How would you guys feel in this hypothetical?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
One of my co-workers is a fellow Cubs fan and we've been paying attention to trade rumors with the deadline looming. He asked me today "How would you feel if Baez got traded to get Jon Lester and Bryant got traded for David Price?" I was truly at a loss for words and couldn't answer. Obviously, this won't happen but it was pretty crazy to think about.

How would YOU feel if that happened?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Dumb founded.. now their paying (if extended ) 2 pitchers valued at about 50 mil per year to try n win games 1-0 or 2-1

CSF77

Liked Posts:
One of my co-workers is a fellow Cubs fan and we've been paying attention to trade rumors with the deadline looming. He asked me today "How would you feel if Baez got traded to get Jon Lester and Bryant got traded for David Price?" I was truly at a loss for words and couldn't answer. Obviously, this won't happen but it was pretty crazy to think about.

It would be dumb at best.

What I was thinking was they trade Castro to teh Mets for Noah Syndergaard then let Baez and Alcantara man SS and 2B. Next year they use Russell to nab Price.

That opens up CF for Almora.

Even that one is a reach but possible. The other trade takes the top 2 power hitters in the system.

The smartest move IMO is to get into the action with Scherzer and Lester and use the excess depth to get a young TOR. They can't afford 2 aces but should be able to take on 1 with a young cost controlled one.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

it would take more to get those guys than baez or bryant.

czman

Liked Posts:

What I was thinking was they trade Castro to teh Mets for Noah Syndergaard then let Baez and Alcantara man SS and 2B. Next year they use Russell to nab Price.

Even that one is a reach but possible. The other trade takes the top 2 power hitters in the system.

The smartest move IMO is to get into the action with Scherzer and Lester and use the excess depth to get a young TOR. They can't afford 2 aces but should be able to take on 1 with a young cost controlled one.

they are not all going to succeed.

Liked Posts:

No way!

While Baez and Bryant are still only prospects, pitchers with this kind of mileage can go south pretty quickly. Dumb deals.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Russell won't be traded. He's a truly good defensive SS, and the value of that can't be overstated.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No way!

While Baez and Bryant are still only prospects, pitchers with this kind of mileage can go south pretty quickly. Dumb deals.

Not only that, but we can sign pitchers like this in FA, we can't sign another cheap, talented prospect like Baez and Bryant.