Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man......... I was having a nice early morning.....Thanks a lot for wrecking it! If I don't break 90 today, it's all your fault:)
Optimism is not allowed on the internet

Liked Posts:
I think we'll all feel uneasy for the first stretch of RS games and if he takes a hard fall or limps in the slights it's gonna be like "OMG NOOOOO" for a while

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Not playing is an issue. When he came back and was playing, he wasnt really Derrick Rose. Thats an issue.

Lets see how he plays when he once again is the only guy on his team who can create his own shot. All we have is words right now.

Rehabilitation was an issue, last year in June he stated the hips were tight. It showed on the court, and also contributed to the second injury...inflexibility above the knees increases load bearing below.

His movement has improved, seems more fluid.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we'll all feel uneasy for the first stretch of RS games and if he takes a hard fall or limps in the slights it's gonna be like "OMG NOOOOO" for a while
Basically any move towards the basket will cause Bulls fans everywhere to hold their breath

Liked Posts:
This I agree with somewhat. It's time his game took the next step. He said that he needed to score with the Bulls, but not with the USA team. He said he should be able to play defense and dish to the other stars.

I can't wait to see him do this, however. Call me fuckin crazy, but I think the Bulls will be better if he dishes first, and then looks to score. Imo, the more he plays like this, the more efficiently he will score, as you say.

My thing is that the Bulls should be a team of ball movement. They have the personnel for this now. But this requires Rose to give up the ball earlier in the shot clock and then moving without the ball. I don't see him turning into Rondo as much as I see him being the primary ball handler pushing the ball past half court but then giving up the ball quickly and running the offense and playing more like a 2. I see him getting more easy baskets this way; his ppg might also go down but his FG% should go up. It's better that he scores a little around 20 a game if it means his FG% goes up along with the rest of the team. Playing this way is better to make it through the rigors of the NBA season.

It's tough sledding being a ball dominant PG trying to score 25 game to game. You're the focus of the defense from the inbound pass generally. And it's not even a certainty that he'll score less. Moving the ball and spacing could simply mean that he scores more efficiently. But he has to give up the ball and let the machinery work, however. Based on the way he talks, I have my doubts.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
My thing is that the Bulls should be a team of ball movement. They have the personnel for this now. But this requires Rose to give up the ball earlier in the shot clock and then moving without the ball. I don't see him turning into Rondo as much as I see him being the primary ball handler pushing the ball past half court but then giving up the ball quickly and running the offense and playing more like a 2. I see him getting more easy baskets this way; his ppg might also go down but his FG% should go up. It's better that he scores a little around 20 a game if it means his FG% goes up along with the rest of the team. Playing this way is better to make it through the rigors of the NBA season.

It's tough sledding being a ball dominant PG trying to score 25 game to game. You're the focus of the defense from the inbound pass generally. And it's not even a certainty that he'll score less. Moving the ball and spacing could simply mean that he scores more efficiently. But he has to give up the ball and let the machinery work, however. Based on the way he talks, I have my doubts.

Not sure what you were watching when Rose was actually playing but he played off the ball A LOT, even just last year in the 10 games he played. I'm not sure where you are getting this whole dribbilng the air out of the ball routine. Maybe that was the case during his MVP season, but the team was much less talented at that time. If you've heard him talk during interviews the past few weeks, he's talked quite a bit about playing off the ball, and catching the ball with movement off screens. Expect to see much more of that this season.

As for him only scoring 20ppg for the team to be successful, I think he can still score 25ppg and the team will be just as successful. He has more weapons around him than in any season he's been in the league. The spacing generated by the shooters the team acquired is going to open up more options for him on offense. His scoring should be more efficient now than in the past, especially if his shooting is as deadly as everyone is saying now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure what you were watching when Rose was actually playing but he played off the ball A LOT, even just last year in the 10 games he played..
Indeed...in fact, he injured himself playing off the ball

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well, he'll definitely need to change a little, but that's what I'm hoping for. I don't think Rose needs to be 'as much of' a scorer than in the past. I think Thib's likes Rose playing on the USA team cuz of that. With the scorers he'll have there, he won't have to. I'm thinking Thib's is hoping that rubs off when he plays next for the Bulls. I like hearing these kinds of things...

And for the fans that continually bash the guy....he's still human, how 'bout we cut him some slack for now?

We're absolutely in agreement that Rose doesn't have to carry as great a burden than in the past. That goes for scoring, handling the ball, getting guys involved etc...he's still gonna be the main clog in all those components, but I think if he plays smarter and more efficiently, he won't have to score 25 PPG. I'm encouraged by the idea of letting the game come to him and not trying to force the issue or prove anything all in one game. I think 20 and 8 on career high efficiency would be gigantic in terms of impact for this team and winning a ring.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Rehabilitation was an issue, last year in June he stated the hips were tight. It showed on the court, and also contributed to the second injury...inflexibility above the knees increases load bearing below.

His movement has improved, seems more fluid.

This, I'm hoping, is a big deal. I remember him having hamstring tightness as well. These things definitely affect the rest of the body when you're a fine tuned athlete like Rose. I remember hurting one knee one year only to have issues with my back and other knee. Sometimes it's mental, like over limping, etc. It's human nature to favor one area of the body for another. It does seem that he has his movement and fluidity back.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Not sure what you were watching when Rose was actually playing but he played off the ball A LOT, even just last year in the 10 games he played. I'm not sure where you are getting this whole dribbilng the air out of the ball routine. Maybe that was the case during his MVP season, but the team was much less talented at that time. If you've heard him talk during interviews the past few weeks, he's talked quite a bit about playing off the ball, and catching the ball with movement off screens. Expect to see much more of that this season.

As for him only scoring 20ppg for the team to be successful, I think he can still score 25ppg and the team will be just as successful. He has more weapons around him than in any season he's been in the league. The spacing generated by the shooters the team acquired is going to open up more options for him on offense. His scoring should be more efficient now than in the past, especially if his shooting is as deadly as everyone is saying now.

I do think that efficiency is the name of the game. I do think he'll play some 1 and 2. This is where I'd like to see Thib's use his depth a little more. He has legit depth now, so we better not see a 6 man rotation all year.

I'm very interested to see some of the lineups we run. I think a backcourt of Rose and Brooks is interesting. Brooks can really break down a D with his dribble, imo, and he can score. I think he finds the open 3 well too. Throw in Pau and Noah to crash the boards, and Dougie to scope from the 3, and ......

I can think of a bunch of lineups that are interesting, actually. I liked the way Snell and Dougie worked off each other. I also wanna see Thib's 'jumbo' lineup with Pau, Noah, and Niko. How about Brooks and Rose at the 1 and 2, Niko and Dougie at the 4 and 3, and Pau at C? That's a heck of a lot of scoring with the right matchup!

I just hope Thib's is also looking at some of these different lineups as well!

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
He's talkin about hittin the links.